survivors ultra-rare addons

i have seen post where killers say "an ultra rare is suposed to be game chaning" especially regarding to eboni moris, well... personaly i think survivors deserve some love and variety as well because rn, the only "game changing" ultra rares are keys and insta-heals.So wouldnt it be fair to either buff bnp and odd bulb(ik how it was and why it was nerfed) to do something different? because rn, the only moments survivors get new fun stuff to do is whenever theres a chapter with new perks, which honestly are generally bad lately.

i personally dont know what they could do but i feel as itd be cool to have some cool "game-changing" addons for survivors.

maybe they could make stuff to increase the general speed by a lot on a particular gen with bnp until the gen is done, or make odd bulb stun the killer in place when blinded or like burn them like wraith.

ik what killer mains will say but im intrested in what survivor think tbh.

they could also add new items every now and then (like making firecrackers an actual item wiht addons like more charges , bigger radius., etc)

Comments

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

ignore the typos pls and thank you

• SodiumIntensifies
    SodiumIntensifies Member Posts: 18

I think insta heals are enough. Survivors have more then enough "second chance" mechanics.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

yeah, uh, not what the thread is about

i do think odd bulb and BNP either need some love or a downgrade in rarity because neither are good. odd bulb is full on detrimental since it drains your flashlight battery faster and BNPs don't have an impact that is comparable to strong ultra rare addons; even if you hit the skillchecks, that's it, it's gone, and if the killer has PGTW they can literally undo its effect on the game by kicking the gen once

i don't really want them to be on par with instaheals, though, since i think instaheals (syringes in particular) are really gross and bad for the game

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

Nerf Syringes: at least make them activate a 'tremendously difficult' skill check like DS or Overcharge. Those extra moments all but eliminate the times this is used for deliberate trolling play, and would promote healthier use overall.

Nerf/Adjust Iridescent Heads: as they are, they're actually mostly a detriment to emblems for both survivors and killers, because they promote fewer unhooks, chases, and general gameplay.

Buff Pig's UR addons or reduce rarity: both aren't really worth the rarity. Considering the visibility of the damn boxes, along with the length of even tampered timers, I'd argue that Rules Set No. 2 is base kit tier or common addon quality, and Amanda's Letter is just trash.

Buff Odd Bulb or reduce rarity: honestly, if they just removed the extra item consumption it'd be great. As is, it's roughly equivalent to a rare addon.

BNP seems fine to me. PGtW is getting more meta now, but frankly for every PGtW I see I also see a BNP - counterplay is fine, and they're not honestly that rare. I don't think the rarity of an addon is accurately displayed, whatever assurances BHVR doles out, but BNP seems on par with the general power level of most UR addons not on this list.

Separately, I'm not a huge fan of Tombstones, but Judith's is a particular problem. Given that the Tombstone Piece considerably drains EWIII, I'd like if JT moderately or slightly drained EWIII as well. That still makes either Tombstone pretty busted against mid/low rank survivors, especially when coupled with FToH, but mitigates some of the bullshit factor of not having to hook anyone for essentially a NOED/Ebony combo.

• CoffengMin
    edited July 2019

guys i asked for ideas to buff or add new items or ultra rare addons i seems everyone missed the point lmao with the "second chances" and nerfs to insta-heals , also i meant it for survivors specifically i think killers are mostly fine

• Jake_Parks_prince
    Jake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2019

RIGHT?! I want add-ons for toolboxs that let you repair pallets and sh*t not hit 2 good skill checks lmao.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

How about we add more iridescent tools?

Like a toolbox that can insta-sabo at the cost of durability.

Or a Medkit that grants enduring immediately after healing the Survivor but doesn't increase healing speed.

Or how about an iridescent key addon that makes it so the aura's it shows are shown to other Survivors as well and that the Hatch aura is shown to Survivors when opened.

Iridescent flashlight could cause a MS reduction during the blind. Or just have really good stats.

Unlike other addons- Iridescent stuff tends to alter the mechanics of something rather than just buffing it. I think that style of addon for survivor items has a lot of potential

For the map specifically I could imagine an iridescent that grants ulimited usage time. Given how the map works being able to use it forever isn't all that powerful but is still applicable to what a map does.

Or if we want to keep it in line with other iridescent item addons we could have it consume the map to show all auras that map can track for like 10 seconds or something.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

OP is right. This isn't where insta-heal complaints would go. There are other items that are not insta-heals that can be buffed.

• SpyMature
    SpyMature Member Posts: 204

I don't think a single red Survivor addon should be comparable to a single red Killer addon, it should only be 1/4 of Killer's red addon.

Red light bulb and BNP are fine as they are.

Red light bulb lets you blind killer faster and for longer period of time, for example, you stun the killer and wait for him to break the pallet, you can use Red light bulb to blind him faster and run away earlier, you could also still get a flashlight save you wouldn't be able to in time without the Red light bulb, all of this at the expense of using more of your charges.

BNP used to be insane, if all 4 survivors were to bring BNP, that would mean 4 gens done at the start of the match before Killer would even get to anyone, all this progress at the expense of your toolbox, now you can just throw in BNP for free 25% and still keep your toolbox, which actually gives you more toolbox efficiency

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i like how you were referring to my post there xD

and i agree.

BNP and Odd Bulb could really need a buff / be lowered in rarity, cuz right now, they dont really meet the standarts for Ultra Rares.

i think BNP could be reworked with secondary objectives, so that (IF the objective is to find sthg before your able to repair a gen) it would work around that and allow you to just straight up go for the gen (once per BNP).

the Odd Bulb is a difficult one... i cant really give you an idea right now.

maybe it could drastically cut the amount of power used by the flashlight while you are shining it, therefore reduce the brightness?

if there were more things for flashlights to do to give them some utility outside of blinding the killer, this would be amazing. ive always wanted a mechanic for survivors to trip and slow down a bit when running without a light, and flashlights would completely prevent that, but i doubt that would ever be a thing xD

• Lametart
    Lametart Member Posts: 118

This is a neat idea! I was thinking:

A toolbox addon that, if installed succesfully, stuns the killer for 2-3 seconds after they kick the gen.

A toolbox addon that sabo's a hook an instant 50 percent (or something similar).

A key addon that lets you see the hatch's aura. @NuclearBurrito 's idea of other survivors seeing what the key shows is cool too!

A Medkit addon that, if aplied succesfully, gives you enduring but only after healing yourself fully. And it runs on a cooldown of course.

And as for the firecrackers: @CoffengMin if you go to the items page on the dbd wiki, there are things called gunpowder (or somthing like that) with different rarities but they never actually implemented them into the game :c instead we have seasonal firecrackers. It would be awesome if they added them!

• CoffengMin

odd bulb doesnt buff blind speed and dont even compare 1gen being done with 4 bnps to an instadown or instakill in case of myers its far from close

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

BNP needs changes as the best toolbox currently is Commodius with efficiency add-ons doesn't deserve to be UR in it's current state.

• invira_zero
    invira_zero Member Posts: 229

Odd bulb may work as insta blind, but will deploy 4 seconds of use instantly. Like, itll make flashight something like a camera flash, in cost of use amount

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Even mid ranked Survivors can do gens and get out versus a Judith's Tombstone. It takes SOOOO long to fill up, especially if you are running infinite tier 3.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

@Pulsar Mid-rank Survivors certainly can do gens and get out versus Judith's, but it's mid and low ranks who still don't usually have the map awareness to prevent Myers from feeding while they're on a gen. While I don't personally have issues playing against Judith's because I understand it, there's a weird bubble of survivors who lack the knowledge of what they're playing against. I've been in SWF with lower ranked friends and heard the heart attacks when people start blithering about "wait, how is he doing this?" or seen Myers stalking randos who seem blissfully unaware their tush is visible through the trees. On the one hand, teaching moments, on the other I'd rather some of the internal logic stay a little more consistent so that those teaching moments were more effective.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Survivors are inherently more powerful and have powerful perks. Dont act like survivors got nothing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.