Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you give the last survivor the hatch?

2»

Comments

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Usually I don't because before EGC I gave to them and they laugh me on chat. So unless the match is unfair (two DC for example) then I'ld rather not do it. And about waiting for the survivor to go for the hatch and kill them in front of it, is fun but I think is not a good behaviour. If you're gonna kill them, then do it, is like those killers who down a survivor and then wait for the EGC to ends, wich ends of course with the survivor being "sacrified".

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

I almost always let the last survivor hatch if: disconnects, I basicly destroy them or I like the person.

This goes out the window if, I never see them do anything, they teabag, always run straight to the infinate (only use the same loop), get their friends killed or run object of obsession.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2019

If survivors played well and deserve an escape I will give hatch. Or if the survivor in question was screwed over by others or bad luck I'll take pity on them and let them hatch if they are the last one.

I won't give hatch at red ranks though, only because doing that means safety pip, unless I know for sure that I will pip even if they hatch. However I will at rank 1 because at that point a safety pip is all you need.

I avoid giving hatch to obsessions, Blendettes, or anyone that used an instaheal. If you are Ace or Dwight I'm more likely to give you hatch than others.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

i head on ppl out of nowhere, you think theyll give me anything but a hook?

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

If they were cool, I open the gate for them once it's powered. At least, I did for an Ash once.

Did you know you get BP for opening the gate yourself?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I typically only do it if the survivor in question got screwed over in the match or if their teammates were absolute potatoes.

Trust me I know solo survivors at pain in the ass especially when your teammates are suicidal lemmings. But it's not something that I do to often

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Virtually never. Even when I'm farming, I'll let them max out Boldness on pallet stuns Altruism on heals/unhooks, and repair 4.5 generators, but then I kill everyone.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

I never give the hatch, no one gives me kills.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Depends, really.

If I don't know where it is, probably never. Not going around looking for it, but if I know it's nearby I'll probably do so if it was a fun game.

• GetsHookedFirst
    GetsHookedFirst Member Posts: 8

In most cases yes, especially if there's a DC. If they don't give off that toxic vibe and actually play like they care, absolutely I give the last one the hatch.

Survivors that can successfully unhook themselves without the perk get a free pass no question too.

• Farlan
    Farlan Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2019

Got some interesting responses to this since I posted it. A lot I agree with, a lot I just don't see why y'all gotta be dicks. Personally the way I view it is, it's just a game, winning doesn't matter as long as everyone had fun. So when I give people the hatch I think to myself (although they can't hear me and may not agree) "We're acknowledging that I won, but that doesn't mean you have to lose points or pips or whatever, so here you go" I guess I feel like if I keep doing it, sometimes I'll encounter a killer with the right mindset, and I wanna spread that positivity. That sportsmanship, the kinda thing that I think we need to return to in the gaming community as a whole. I stopped caring about pips and rank and ######### a long time ago, I recommend you all do the same. Trust me, you'll enjoy the game more when you take it less seriously. And give that last survivor the hatch. You'll feel better and you'll be doing better.

/thread

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

@Farlan You are honorable you know. I was the same too, when I started with DBD last September, but now, 1.5k hours later (yes I'm an addict XD) and on purple ranks, I can rarely be nice anymore because of how exhausting playing killer can be. I have seen the try hards, the toxic, the trolls... I have learned that your opponents won't treat you nice even if you are. I will still get the salt in chat regardless what I do. If I lost they say noob killer, if they were overly altruistic so I stayed near the hook they say camper, if I played well they say my add-ons are op or they lost because I did xyz. Why should I reward them? They wouldn't reward me either when they played well.

Some people are nice, and then I am nice too, but I have learned that I cannot expect mercy as both killer and survivor. So I do not have mercy.

And this makes me sad...

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608

unless they were being toxic, yea... or if I have a daily that needs completing... otherwise I tend to let 2 survivors minimum escape anyway... but I'm a nice killer (who prefers not to get into red ranks) lol.

• shingouki121
    shingouki121 Member Posts: 10

I always give the hatch (unless they were toxic AF to me or other survivors) because I don't wanna rank up and play super sweaty survivors. Red ranks are no fun and there is literally no incentive to rank up. At all. What so ever. None. Not even a little bit.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

"We're acknowledging that I won, but that doesn't mean you have to lose points or pips or whatever, so here you go"

But the way the scoring system work you as the Killer might lose points or pips or whatever, as you say. Missing that one hook might screw you of your sacrifice emblem and depending on your rank, this can mean a black pip or even a depip.

That why I only consider giving the hatch if the game went just really bad for the survivors and I know for sure I'll get at least a pip. Its ok to be nice, but not to the point where I hurt myself.

• MarksmanSpecal
    MarksmanSpecal Member Posts: 117

Nope. There´s only one guy, nicked "Trappers Boy Toy", who´s always allowed to get the hatch in my matches.

But after being forced by this stupid emblem system to play as sweaty as possible, just to black pip, i cant give someone the hatch for free.

If someone DC´s or dies one hooked, u r literally not able to pip anymore, if the last guy gets the hatch.

And this, best comment i read today

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

If I've gotten a 3k and am generally in a good mood, I will give the last survivor additional chances to escape. This usually involves me downing them, picking them up and just wandering around aimlessly.

They break free, i chase again, and sort of repeat this til one of us finds the hatch or i just wanna leave.

• killEr003
    killEr003 Member Posts: 19

Lol your profile pic is the legion. No surprise there...

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

@MarksmanSpecal thanks a lot! :)

• ToastFace
    ToastFace Member Posts: 3

I often give the last survivor the hatch, but that could be because I don't play to pip up. I show no mercy to pesky survivors, but every now and then somebody does something, or gets themselves into a situation that makes me laugh. Survivors that have a good time clowning around, or just perform really well in a non-toxic manner almost always get the hatch from me. Its how I repay them for giving me an enjoyable match.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

@Farlan interesting read. Playing KYF the other day I obviously was gonna win. So I meme and let them go and my friend was like "He is letting us go because he knows we are at his mercy now" which rings true to what you said. Giving the hatch is a power play ahahaha I love it.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

I almost always give hatch, even sometimes carry people to the exit gates when ive been playing super bad.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

If you have the option to give them the hatch, you haven't been playing bad. The survivors have been.

• fly_172
    fly_172 Member Posts: 78

Personally, I don’t give hatch but I don’t slug to get the 4K (generally) either. I give them a chance to get it too, but I don’t want it to be a freebie just cause they happened to outlive the others. That being said, I probably would give hatch if it wasn’t for the fact that if a dc or selfish teammate happens, I let all other survivors go by default. I’m not gonna push that on others, I’m a huge advocate for everyone playing pretty much however they want, but that’s my general attitude, excluding exceptions.

• JustJess
    JustJess Member Posts: 154

Today there was a killer who was like at lobby: "Hey can I mori you please I need the daily as Nurse."

Me: "######### yes Mori me all day <3 but don't kill me at start, just kill me at the end, you can hook me once then let me get some points first"

So the game started and he hooked me once, then he left me all game chasing others and leaving me making gens.

At the end, gate were powered, he wrote: "Where are you"

I said: "at the basement!"

I wasn't and escape with others survivors HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

Depends on my mood, if I'm feeling generous, the survivor was a fun opponent and it was a good game with probably lots of BPs, I'll let one escape, whether it be through the hatch or a gate during EGC.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302

Why should I do that? My goal is to find and kill/sacrifice the last survivor. If survivor get's to hatch earlier than me, good for him

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

Same for me most of the time. I give up a for sure slugger more often than not just to make things interesting.

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

I used to always give the last survivor the hatch but I no longer do due to the dumb emblem system

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Big NO. In fact I let the survivor crawl for a while towards it only to close it on their face or mori them right next to it.

• sirnewbington
    sirnewbington Member Posts: 78

Nope, kill them all. Those BP's are mine lol

• salted_spirit
    salted_spirit Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2019

I actually do this quite often. I've made a number of friends by giving the hatch after an epic game as well. The several hundred points for hooking at the end of the game isnt going to do much for me; survivor gets a lot of blood points for escaping through the hatch.