Would a survivor invisibility exhaustion perk work?

Triforcer
Triforcer Member Posts: 180

It would be nice to see some new perks that encourage stealth (and are under the survivor's control, unlike Poise).   

Comments

• Triforcer
    Triforcer Member Posts: 180

Main post eaten again, here is the idea: "If you stand perfectly still you become invisible for 3 seconds.  Any movement will immediately end the effect.  This perk causes you to become Exhausted for 60/50/40 seconds". 

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384

This doesn't encourage stealth, it's just camouflage. Stealth is when you avoid the killer by evading their line of sight over walls and such while they search for you. Stealth is not sitting in a corner the whole time. If you want a real stealth perk, make it an activable perk that buffs your walking speed alone to 150% while also making no sound for 7 seconds. That'd be handy and actually encourage people to evade a killer.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

I can imagine every single Blendette bringing this perk and MacMillan map offerings *shudders*

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Why play blendette if you have an invisibility perk? XD

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Andreyu44

everyone will become blendette*

• Netharon
    Netharon Member Posts: 29

No, because invisibility is an inhuman ability, and it is reserved for monsters like killers that communicate with the entity. Survivors are human and frail. I main survivor and I don’t like this idea.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

So,its human to run at supernatural speed for 3 seconds.

Its human to fall from 15 + meters and recovering almost immediately to sprint at supernatural speed for 3 seconds.

its human to apply an endurance effect for a limited amount of time to a survivor you unhook.

I could go on.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

The speed is literally just sprinting. Anyway there's definitely a difference in the suspension of disbelief between someone dropping from a high place unharmed vs someone turning invisible

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

This perk honestly sounds like a bad version of Distortion. While it would be cool to get another stealth perk for survivors, I don't think replicating Insidious would be too good.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Why use this perk when you can use Blendette?

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

i mean... id use it... maybe