The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What is the scummiest tactic a killer has used on you?

Volfawott
Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Just a question to know what experiences people have been through.

From piggy corner blocks to rancor tunnels to Hatch blue ballers

Share your stories.

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I was playing SWF against a Michael. He signaled that he wanted to farm. My teammates and I agreed that we wouldn't farm and just play the game normal, not giving him free stalk. Turns out we were right, he had both pinks add-ons and probably thought that would be a good way to get his stalking bar filled.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

The killer made me bleed out all because they couldn't get their 4th BBQ stack. In other words, the killer decided to punish me because one of the other survivors denied them a BBQ stack. I was playing solo btw.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307
    edited July 2019

A killer was slugging to prevent hatch (which is fine), but that wasn't enough for them. They came and picked me up to let me wiggle before I bled out, nodded at me as if they were trying to make me rat out the other survivor or something (they were right in hiding, killer was just hovering over me on the ground). I went back on a gen and they went searching, eventually slugged them as well and did the exact same thing, hovering over them expecting me to just feed myself to them.

After they bled out and I got hatch they called us both pussies and called me an idiot for not sandbagging the "antimate". I'm suuuuure you just wanted to punish them, totally 😄

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Not on me, but I stay on the Hatch cloaked as Wraith, waiting for the Survivor to get close, then shut it right in front of them.

The purpose is to find them and have 0 exits available, but from their perspective, it probably looks pretty scummy.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

If that is the worst thing a killer has ever done to you then you have lived a charmed life. The killer probably wasn't even trying to "punish" you. The killer was probably using your bleedout timer to find the last survivor. I've done this many times myself. Don't take it personally. That's just a strategic move.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Im gonna admit this one, I play insidious Legion. Standing on hatch as insidious legion in the game map makes it impossible to win the gam, since you can only tell where the hatch is by walking into view of the killer.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Pretend to farm after two ppl d'cd so he can have us both easily, then killed us. I could have ds'd him but didn't.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

They can just do gens. Plus you can find the hatch without being in view of the killer just by using 3rd person camera

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

@ClogWench There was an alcove I could sit in and hear them before they could see me, and there was 3 gens.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

That would probably be this time a Legion and a Claudette worked together to bleed everyone out.

The Legion just used her as a Killer Instinct spammer to find and slug everyone else. It took a while, but after slugging everyone they waited for the bleedout timers to expire. The other 2 Survivors DC'ed, but I just read a book and waited until I bled out to leave the game.

Afterwards I got racist and sexist slurs messaged to me by both the Legion and Claudette for not DC'ing and wasting their time.

• ClogWench

I love that they blamed you for wasting THEIR time. Truly icing on the cake.

• Volfawott

@TheRockstarKnight

When someone slugs you on the ground till you bleed out so you die in a slow and drawn out way yet then complains that you should have disconnected because you're wasting their time.

The amount of mental gymnastics you would have to do to come up with that conclusion.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

I had a Freddy put me in a corner to let me bleed out as the last survivor alive.

Granted I was playing a Saboteur build, so I made them pretty salty.

• Volfawott

@Visionmaker

Ahh purging the legacy of Sabo Jake one slug at the time.

Not going to lie letting someone bleed out can be pretty toxic but considering you were saboing their hooks, I think it's a fair trade-off

• ClogWench

Worst thing I've faced was a 3 gen doctor on the bottom floor of the game with Overcharge and Overwhelming/Unnerving Presence(small skill checks). Wouldn't hook anyone, would just go between 3 extremely close gens to stop us repairing them. I was relatively new too so the skill checks were obscenely hard to handle.

He ended up inviting us to a voice chat where be talked about how good of a killer he was and how he usually played survivor and just wanted to show how easy killer was. Obviously it wasn't a particularly uncommon strategy but consider we were all rank 18-20 and this guy had clearly invested a lot in Doc (P2 and had Ruin and Lullaby 3 on him too) so it seemed likely be deranked to face us.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Eh, I just wanted to try new sets. The current meta is incredibly stale.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Had a Wraith spam his bell while face camping me because i 360d him a couple times (and maybe because i tried to cj tech...)

Another time a Joey slugged me for the end game collapse kill, because i tried to save my teammate. FeelsBad

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

I got mori spammed for like 10 minutes by a spirit. I didn't even do anything the whole match that was toxic except doing gens and hit her with a few pallets. I was rancor

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,951

I got face camped for destroying a Billy's 2 hex totems in the first 2 minutes of the match

• BiffTannen
    BiffTannen Member Posts: 6

Another survivor in a match motions for me to follow him to an area of the map where the killer, an insidious Hillbilly,  is there waiting out of view.   He chainsaws me soon as I see him and ignores the other survivor .  Turns out they are on each others friend's list. 

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850
  • Sabor44
    Sabor44 Member Posts: 39

I think the most toxic thing a Killer has ever done to my team was the following. They were playing Doctor on Haddonfield we has just finished our first generator when the first person went down and was hooked. I quickly ran over to get them off the hook but the Doctor was just staring at them in treatment mode. I ran up to the hook to try and bait a hit since I was running Borrowed Time and he just walked up to me in treatment mode. Did not try to switch to punishment mode, simply waited until I grabbed the person off the hook. Well I tried and this was how I found out you can pull people off of things in treatment mode. Well my teammates go and get the other person off the hook and then try the same thing with me. Know and behold the Doctor just sits and waits staring at me. The second someone tries to pull me off of hook he grabs them and carries them to the next hook. This went on for about 8 minutes before the last generator was popped.

Moral of the story? It really sucks when a killer can GUARANTEE one person will be hooked no matter what happens.