Something has to give; Toxicity and Hex Ruin

Anvil
Anvil Member Posts: 39

I love this game. When it's good it's really really great. But, for a while now the game is just too frustrating most of the time. First, killer builds are getting boring as they seem to always include Hex Ruin and BBQ & Chili. As a killer, I'd like to have the option of a lot of builds that are equally viable. As a survivor, I'd like to play against a variety of killer builds. Second, there are so many ways for players to be toxic to others that most games are not fun. Why wouldn't they be toxic? It's fun and there are no consequences.

Here are some suggestions to help on both sides:

1) Decrease repair speed on gens and add more objectives; remove Hex Ruin. Hex Ruin is required anymore and consequently hinders build variety. Just get rid of it and slow every game down ("just a little bit"). Gens get done way to fast as it is.

2) After all gens are done, allow the last survivor to concede so they can't be held hostage by a toxic killer. Two minutes isn't a long time to wait, but it's a very long time to be bullied. In an online environment, toxicity begets toxicity.

3) Only SWF or top rank survivors will punish the face camp, but this toxicity exists at every level of play. Change the survivor's base kit to always include D-strike. This might be just enough deterrent to reduce tunneling to reasonable levels. If a killer really wants to tunnel, they have to eat a D-strike first.

4) The ebony mori swings balance too far in the killers favor. Remove mori offerings and instead add a single use mori to the base kit of all killers (they are cool, after all). Allow a killer, once per game, to mori a single survivor they've hooked twice.

5) 4 survivors with all the same item type tilts balance too far in their favor; i.e. 4 tool boxes in the same game. Don't allow survivors to all bring in items of the same type (maybe 2 at most). Instead, have a random survivor (or lowest ranked) pick first or pass, then the next can pick whatever type hasn't been picked or pass, and so on. Finding them in chests is a different story (as it slows the game to search, which is the trade off).

Comments

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

if point 2 gives a suicide animation im in

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

Built in ds would just lead to more slugging, More in favor of the killer rather than survivor

Rest of these recommendations are ok

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

Instead of straight up removing Ruin with the buffs, what if it changed the whole generator process to like a dance dance sort of thing where you couldn't get any greats, but missing the beats wouldn't progress the gen?

• sonic4life86
    sonic4life86 Member Posts: 35

Why don’t we just get rid of killer weapons so we can’t hit survivors at all that way you guys get out 100% of time

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

They said both survivor-sided and killer-sided stuff, so I'm not sure what you're salty over or trying to assume.

• Casm
    Casm Member Posts: 61

I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful, but many these suggestions are just really awful and would really harm the game were they to be implemented.

For starters, people need to get out of the mindset that there are 'must-have' perks. I haven't run BBQ on a killer in a good while and lately I've been preferring Pop over Ruin. Ruin doesn't need to be removed, there just needs to be more alternatives and possibly counters to it. Such as 'Whispers' style perk for survivors when they're near an active totem.

All survivors having free DS would be kind of terrible. It would absolutely force killers into slug builds, which is completely contradictory to what you're advocating for. IE: More build variety.

All killers having a free Mori for every match would also be pretty terrible, basically because it would encourage tunneling and dramatically favor the killer in most games.

I also have to disagree about the survivors and restricting them on what they can bring into a match. We should be exploring options to incentivize survivors to bring in a variety of builds without putting restrictions on them.

I will say though that I agree that some changes can be made to make the game better overall. Increasing the time it takes to complete generators as well as increasing the time survivors stay on the hook I think would be a good start. Give people a time to actually play the game before it ends in 3 minutes. Not entirely sure about added objectives but..baby steps.

• SaveUsY2K
    SaveUsY2K Member Posts: 43

No to everything you suggested.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

D-Strike as base will just bring back the Slug meta.

The Slug meta existed in the dark days - trust me when I say you don't want the dark days to come back.

You can't be held hostage by a toxic killer once all the gens are done. The gates are powered and the hatch is available - you have THREE EXITS. Only thing holding you hostage is YOU.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

And a killer that's hit the gate and wont let ya go

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362

The idea of certain perks being REQUIRED is just people refusing to get creative with their loadouts. I honestly feel like alot of people completely forgot about half the perks in this game and when a new perk comes out that synergizes well with one of those forgotten perks instead of their perceived "Meta" perks... means the new perk is useless. Having different perk combinations to synergize with a killers power ALSO cant possibly be a thing...

Just talking as someone who use to play exclusively Freddy WITHOUT ruin at red ranks just fine. But...ya know...Freddy isnt viable and ruin is required, lol.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

No most of these ideas are bad

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

1 and 3. You speak my brain. Most killer bring Ruin, and most Survivor bring DS. Objective need to be extended but not the gen fixing time to replace Ruin. Survivors must always have something similar to DS after every time unhooked. When tunneling is no more possible, it will be balanced with more objectives.

2. I agree, add suicide option when slugged down to 50% bleeding bar would be great.

4. I heard that Ultra rare items change the game. Except for survivors its Ultra rare add on instant heal 2 health stage that can break the tight situation. A single offer ebony mori will destroy everything from survivors in that match. Kill a survivor after a hook is already too much for other 3 survivors

5. As your idea, i think item slot should be on top of each survivor head, when player click on item slot, it will appear a list of item. Whoever click on Medkit 1st, the rest will lose Medkit option, and so on. This will bring every survivor has a different role with 4 different items. Than to bring 4 toolbox to gen rush.