Day 2: Legion still needs an update

Options
Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

December 2018, launch of LEGION ... design absurd ... "fun to play" after a few days, months -> Update .... current status? Very WEAK

We are still trying to get LEGION to receive an update, we can not wait for the time we have waited with FREDDY, this killer will be forgotten, needs some adjustments, how long will it take the devs to have the best? Does it take so long to change a killer?

I have thought about ideas, but the idea that comes to mind is that LEGION becomes stronger with the Feral Frenzy chains.

• LEGION obtains accumulations of stack movement speed by striking each survivor for each one (1%) in "feral Frenzy".
  • Every time LEGION gets a chain of 4 strokes in "Feral Frenzy" it will have the knife "bloody", for each accumulation its power increases (max 3)

A "bloody" knife build: Hitting with basic attacks will cause the "broken" state for 60 seconds.

**Two accumulations of "bloody" knife: Hitting with basic or feral attacks Frenzy will cause the survivors serious injury so the basic attacks or the feral frenzy will cause them the broken state and they will not be able to be healed, this state will be eliminated once that are hooked

**Three accumulations of "bloody" knife. Legion feels like catching its prey, feral frenzy is permanent. His stun is reduced from 4 seconds to 3.

Note: You can not shoot down the survivors with Feral Frenzy, but you can use it permanently, the powers obtained if you reach 3 accumulations, you will get the 3 passives.

In short, Legion would need a new mechanic that if it chains several hits, its power increases and becomes stronger.

There will come a day where the devs make the change ...

#FIXLEGION

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

If you're using Legion to chain FF hits then you're missing the purpose of him entirely.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    Options

we don't need a one man unit to follow the flow, the rest of the community already knows. Stop making these posts. bait.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

Legion was unfun to play against for some survivors. No thanks needed for correcting you here^^.

Besides "free hits" has every killer beyond rank 20 - sort of. You learn very quickly as killer when you have to hit a survivor, so that the chance is very little, that he can avoid this hit - lags and other stuff like this yet not counted in.

That is not a free hit "on the paper" but... You can see it as this in the practice^^.

So please stop using fake arguments because you are upset about the Legion in general.

• ClogWench
    Options

Anytime you buy something in this game you have to do so knowing that it could be changed. I wouldn't get my hopes up on Legion being changed again anytime soon.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Protest something that matters and has an effect on the world.

• Talmeer
    Options

Everyone who plays multiplayer games, knows that changes happen, but usually those changes are like: "let us nerf ability X and make it 2% slower, let us buff the damage of abilitiy Y on 1%".

The changes are usually not a whole redesign of payed content and everyone who is then upset, just shows that he is still a normal human being and still knows the value of money, even in times like those we live in.

But you are right, I also think that the devs will need some time to realize that they have make something wrong.

@DBDbuildsYT

Same by me - I had bought the Legion dlc and then a skin for Susie. Would the patch not had happen, I would have also bought a new skin Julie. And that just yet about what I had planned to buy concerning the Legion and not the other things I had also on my map, until that "accident" had happend.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726
    Options

"for some survivors" like for every surv that knows how this game works so 200h+ i guess,

"Besides "free hits" has every killer beyond rank 20" give me your free hits on me (over 1000h on surv and 900h on killer), show me how free you can m1 me as hilly xd youre not getting free hit

Legion wont get rework(in like 2years), he is too far in devs list priority. Just play Legion 2.0 (spirit) which is (and was even when legion came out) much better killer

• ClogWench
    Options

I think the devs handled it poorly and I think they rushed out a fix that would satisfy survivors without really considering Legions fans, and yeah that's unfair to them. But I still think a bit of responsibility lies with those who purchased them. From day 1 it was extremely obvious that Legion had major problems that would have to be addressed sooner than later. To most regular players, it should have been exceptionally clear that when they bought Legion, what they paid for would be changed. Realistically he never should have left the PTB in that condition but he did and from that point it was the player who was gambling their money by buying him. He might get a rework someday but considering the time it takes to do that it's gonna be a long time.

• Talmeer
    Options

-I was a pre patch main Legion. In my endgame chat I had often talk with the survivors and that was mostly not toxic. More, just a nice and funny talk. Sometimes they have even thank me for a challenging game.

I have even make a picture of that a few days before the patch. Sadly on this picture are just 5 endgamechats. Would I have startet earlier to make this collage of endgame chats, of positive comments to the pre patch Legion, the collage would be have much more screenshots included.

But... A long time I had never thought that this patch will go live. To late I had realize that he will go live and so I had not enough time anymore to make more screenshots^^.

This to the actual situation in the game and let us now come to the forums: Even in the forums, many survivors were ok with the Legion and some have found the pre patch Legion even good.

Not every survivor likes an easy game. Some actual like to earn their wins and don't like to win, knowing that they have just win against killer X because of a nerf, or a rework.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options
    1. I don't like this idea
    2. Could you do those posts atleast weekly?
    3. I agree that some aspects of Legion needs changing but not reworking. Only buffs will do
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options

@DoubleTap

Legion is like old Freddy. Boring to play as and boring to play against. When Legion first came out they were fun to play as and boring to play against.

Legion need a full rework because the mending mechanic is pointless.

• Talmeer
    Options

If the Legion patch had teach us 1 thing, then that a vocal minority of haters had win over a more serious but also more silent majority.

We need to stay together, to have a counterweight to those guys. Not only in Legion threads, -also for every other killer out there.

If those guys succesfull, the most killers will get a nerf. For evidence we just need to look in the forums and the nerf threads that popping up each day, with the aim to make killers weaker and with it, dbd more boring to play.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

Wow! thanks for the constructive feedback! You are so helpful!

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

Changed OK, but made boring to play are two different things.

I don't understand why you try to adverse every legion related topic, if you had spent a decent amount of money on something which is way worse than it was, wouldn't you want it to have it OK?

I don't mean having the old legion, I mean having a killer who is interesting and fun to play. Current legion is boring, weak and has nothing special about them.

Some improvements are needed

• Riddick
    Riddick Member Posts: 121
    Options

#FixLegion, make it fun to play as as well.

• ClogWench
    Options

I'm not saying changes aren't needed. He functions mid tier but he's boring as hell. All I'm saying is when it comes to buying dlc, you're consciously choosing to risk not getting what you paid for, especially when it's something that's clearly not working in its initial state.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

So should I just give up according to your theory?

Take my 27$ and 100 hours on legion and just leave the game only because the devs took things too far?

I don't care what legion ill get as long as they are fun to play, decently viable and with a power that is actually worth using and enjoy.

At the moment I am not enjoying this legion at all, should I get a legion similar to Gf in terms of fun and strength I would be satisfied

• ClogWench
    Options

Boy you're good at putting words in other people's mouths. I'm sure Legion will get looked at eventually, but they're not gonna drop everything and fix him up immediately. We'll likely see occasional buffs and tweaks in patches to come though. But people spamming the forums with threads about Legion isn't gonna speed that up

• Talmeer
    Options

The Legion haters had spammed the forums with their threads and it seems as this had help.

They have say to us Legion mains, that we should adapt.

Now... We have adapt and they are still not happy *smiles*.

• ClogWench
    Options

Okay people spamming the forums about Legion didn't get him changed. His ability being abused and exploited in a way that made the game truly miserable for everyone got him changed. If you think it was people that just didn't like him for no reason then you're deeply mistaken.

• Talmeer
    Options

It's easy to think that. I wish it was not the case, but if you remember the nerf threads - the Legion patch was a 1:1 copy of them.

They have intended or not, exactly do what those guys wanted.

Imo, if exploits fixing would have been the priority for the devs for looking at the Legion, they would have just fix the exploits, without changing the game mechanic of this killer.

As example, they could have simply grey out 1 knife, if a Legion player had already choose the green, or purple one in his addon screen.

The Legion would have been after that still the same, but without that damn knife exploit.

That would have been a change without hurting the killer.

Because of this, and other examples I tend here to believe the Legion haters, that have claim the Legion patch as their victory.

• ClogWench
    Options

As long as you have the "us vs them" mentality you're not gonna help anything. I'm done trying to convince you otherwise.

• Talmeer
    Options

As long as I still hear from Legion haters that all pre patch Legion's were exploiters and that there was no counterplay and other myths like that, I will not change.

We have not start this, but we sure have to face the changes every day.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

That's why later huon needs a rework, nobody likes mending.

We need legion to be unique, not linked to bt or Gf, they need to be fun fresh killers, Gf is mostly fun for both parts legion needs to be like that

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

GF is annoying.

On the other hand,mending is nothing .