Why ever play weaker characters?

Options

In DbD, your BP income is always between how well you perform and the (painfully low) cap per category, but that means that if you ever play someone who isn't level 15, or for Killers, someone you aren't used to, you're going to be penalized. This also bakes a punishment into the offerings to play as DLC Killers.

So why ever play anyone but your main Survivor or Nurse, Spirit, or Billy? The BP is transferrable (do NOT take that away without boosting what we get exponentially), and fun is pretty brave to reach for with how toxic players can be when they get a big win.

Comments

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

Because sometimes regardless of the killer being bad when you've played the good killers for so long it becomes boring to play them anymore i went from being a hardcore billy main to a ghostface main because i enjoy having a challenge with billy it became to easy for me to win as far as toxic players i mean i bully them with ghostface of all killers xD.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,024
    Options

Its also nice to be able to pick a different flavor so to speak. The different abilities of the killers tend to open up different perk synergies and playstyles. I also dont agree that if you dont pick certain killers, you wont be able to win at high ranks. I say it alot in my posts, but Ive been able to play just fine using ONLY Freddy. He was the first killer I got to rank 1 with.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

With weaker killers I can relax and all I have to do is get 4 stacks of bbq then I can just have a chill game without trying that hard at all while also ignoring post chat. It's fun to not take the game so serious sometimes. And sometimes high tier killers can get boring.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    Options

Man, I just wish survivors would get that I'm trying to be chill and let themselves relax a little on the blinds and the bagging. Like, dude, I'm doing this for BP not pips.

• sam
    sam Member Posts: 29
    Options

I personally have almost all of my survivors (and almost killers) P3 LVL50.

This not only means I have most perks on every Survivior (same for killer of course) but it means that I have experienced multiple different play styles over my 2k+ active hours.

"Maining" a survivor is not in any way the same as killer. Killers have specific powers that suit different peoples play styles (I think this is obvious) but unlike killers. Survivors have no difference between each other. Unless you're a Blendette of course.

This means that it doesn't matter what survivor you play (once you've got the teachables you want.)

Personally some of the survivors I personally love to play include but are not limited to:

• Feng Min
    • Jane Romero
    • Nea Karlsson
    • Adam Francis
    • Meg Thomas (mainly because I have legacy P3 on her)

Some of these characters teachables might be considered weak but that doesn't mean they are weak.

TLDR: Saying survivors are weak isn't even reasonable because you're rating the survivors perks not them since playing different survivors has little to no difference on gameplay.

(My comment also has nothing to do with killer because that's a completely different story)

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options

Thing is, Survivor BP gains deter me from playing then and just playing killers I knownhow to play (Ghostface, Pig, Wraith, and lots and lots of Legion). I do still play Survivor a lot, but if I'm trying to level one of them, there's no real point in playing them to do so. Just slap on a BP Build for Legion and go to town.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

People have more fun playing the weaker Killers.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Then I guess some players are just more brave.

Also BP can be pretty easily made on any character from what I've experienced.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited July 2019
    Options

I may not be always getting +28k on my Trapper, but sometimes I just feel like playing him even tho I know odds are stacked against me.

I would say bp gain is much bigger issue for survivors how categories get capped and I'm glad they are fixing some of the issues in next patch.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

There are some people who have a some kind of "connection" with specific characters.

For example,the Legion fanbase is very "loyal", they always ask for buffs/for "justice" but why they don't move on to another stronger killer?

Well, The Legion members are teenagers,so most of the Legion players kinda relate to them.

Not to mention they have the best cosmetics in the game.

Another example is Pig. Pig mains keep asking for buffs for the Pig maybe because Saw is their favourite movie? Or they simply like Amanda as a character (lore,OINKS,ecc...)

Not everyone plays the game only to win/for BPs.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

Or young adults @Andreyu44

They are described as 19 years old, at the time where the story events had happen. We can assume that they have still a year or 2, before they got aware of the entity.

And everyone after 18 is in my country a young adult. No teen anymore, but I know in america that looks different.

But still... The Legion reminds me a bit on those good old times as I was by myself in this age.

But btt.

Because people like to play sometimes, something different @Captain_Doomsday . I can't know it, but I assume that even the most survivor, or killer mains play sometimes something different as their usual number 1 character.

I had by myself sometimes play Michael Meyers, or the Clown, or also Jeff, or Kate, even I was a Legion main (not counting in what I have played because of the dailies) and I had never really look on my bps. I have just play for fun and with a attitude like that, bps are the last thing you think of :).

Toxicty I had btw. not often in my matches, or endgame chats. At least what I understand it.

For some people as example, is it maybe toxic if the survivors teabag at the gates, for me it was most times the sign that they waited for me to give them 1 last hit, because they were ok with the match.

Not everytime is something like tbagging meant to be toxic imo, even it is it sometimes for sure.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862
    Options

sometimes i wanna be thicc, sometimes i wanna be a gamer girl/chinese,sometimes i wanna be blendette , sometimes i wanna be a sexy boi etc

• jzinsky
    jzinsky Member Posts: 112
    Options

Surely there isn't a bad killer, just a player who's not getting the best out of them

• yakul1nausicaa
    yakul1nausicaa Member Posts: 128
    Options

Variety is good. The game would probably get pretty stale if you only played as one killer.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

Same reason you might stop eating your favorite flavor of chips and start eating different flavors for a while, variety.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    edited July 2019
    Options

because nurse and spirit every game would result in easy wins most of the time, which is boring

beating good players with a killer like wraith or legion feels much nicer, as does using higher skill based killers like huntress and billy

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

I mostly switch up because i'd get bored after a while. I like to change! 😁

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77
    Options

Sometimes you just have to play whoever you like, even if they happen to be low tier.

Just means you have to work a little harder.

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175
    Options

I sure hope that means BP caps are going up for everyone.

It's one thing to be able to accept lower net BP to try to have fun, but getting what you can earn suppressed feels bad.

And outside of BP, toxic players rubbing in their victories is much, much worse, but I guess that's another topic.

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458
    Options

I usually play my "second string" killers to satisfy a daily. Even if i don't do a great job, i still usually get the points from the daily.