The Shard grind...

sorrowen
sorrowen Member Posts: 742
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

So I only buy the chapters I never buy cells however I believe more shards should be given for those who wanna grind for cosmetics. Like 900 to 1,000 shards when you get up in devotion levels

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Andreyu44 Increase both :)

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Bet you have a lot of free time then, to the point you completely lose track of it. Sounds nice. It takes a huge time investment to even get basic cosmetics with shards. The purple ones are far out of reach for all but the most hardcore players using shards.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

All cosmetics should be available by shards at a later date (like three month). Those who want them asap or arent able to play that much can buy them for auric cells. And for that the gain should be increased rapidly. As of now even the grind for one complete outfit is far too much and should be already increased much more. Why wont there be changes? That must be answered by people like @Peanits

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Agreed. It felt like I actually earned shards faster with the old system. Once you get to the higher levels, it isn't so bad, but low levels are a joke as well as devotion. You literally get NOTHING for devotion except a little green number to show off and say "look, I've been playing long enough to hit devotion level (insert number here). Leveling up is very time consuming. Devotion should have a reward.

• BBQnDemogorgon

@ProfessorDunwich Angry Pug has over 250k shards at the moment 🤷‍♂️

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

New huntress cosmetic is 21K shards it wouldn't be so bad if the shard gain was higher

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

I wouldn't mind so much if the rate you got shards wasn't RANDOM. You should get more shards per XP as your level increases, plus a bonus for Devotion (in shards or cosmetics), to reward continuous play. Instead, some level ranges will give fewer shards than their predecessors, so it's basically just a homogeneous grind.

• Casm
    Casm Member Posts: 61

The simple fact that we can unlock the majority of the killers, survivors and cosmetics without spending a single cent beyond the base game is already extraordinarily generous and the prices for all of them with RL cash are definitely fair. I don't see any need to adjust how the shop is currently set. Just my 2cents.

• ProfessorDunwich
  • BBQnDemogorgon

@ProfessorDunwich So you admit its possible to get skins if you put the time in...

• ProfessorDunwich

I said they are inaccessible to all but the most hardcore players. Someone who plays this game as their job would qualify as hardcore. Reading comprehension is a good skill to have.

• BBQnDemogorgon

@ProfessorDunwich Most can spare 2-4 hours a day if they care that much. Skins need to take time or they're worthless and not worth $10

• ProfessorDunwich

Going to have to be more specific about how long you have been playing. Big difference between playing 2-3 games a day for a few months and playing that much for 2 years.

I believe there are 5 non-licensed killers that were paid add-ons, excluding the Doc (for you), Huntress, and Nurse (which were free add-ons), which leaves Hag, Clown, Spirit, Legion, and Plague. So that would put you at 45,000 shards, that would get you 2 of premium cosmetics for the complete outfit (over 20k shards).

• BBQnDemogorgon

@ProfessorDunwich I'd say i get roughly 300 shards per hour.

So one skin would be around 72 hours.

So 36 days just over a month for 2 and a half characters or 1 very rare/rare skin. 5 yellow skins or all the commons for 2-3 characters.

Thats at 2 hours a day.

Thats 10 very rare skins or 20 characters

At 4 hours its 18 days lets say 3 weeks.

Thats 17 very rare skins or 34 characters you'll unlock in a year.

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

Putting aside the massive cost, you're thanking a paid game for locking out gameplay-affecting content behind a paywall, then making it theoretically possible to get some of it back by eschewing cosmetics.

If shards were just for cosmetics, I'd have no problem, but while Survivor perks can theoretically be bought at the Shrine (at an insultingly high price), entire Killers who are fundamentally different from one another cost either hundreds of hours or $7. On a game you paid just to have.

• lazerlight
    lazerlight Member Posts: 353

Okay, no. Even if you were to get in a full lobby the second you finish a match and everybody readies up the exact second you join in. You wouldn't be able to level up your PL in an hour. Considering that you need to last enough time on a match AND get good emblems to even come close to reaching 600XP you need to be on a game for AT LEAST 10 minutes. Add to that the offering animation sequences and the loading sequences and the post-game results before the [Leave Match] option becomes available. It all adds up. (And Im not even counting the time it takes to find a lobby, the time it takes for a lobby to fill-up, the 1 minute you gotta wait if at least one player hasnt readied up. And the recurring occasions that a map takes more than 1 minute to load up.)

After lvl 50 you gotta reach 4200 EXP to level up, which means you would need to get 600 EXP in 7 matches. If you get any less in any match you'll need to go for an 8th match to lvl up.

So, pretending that you play six 10 minute games in an hour, you'll still have to leave the 7th match for after the first hour. To a total of 1:10 hour per lvl.

But realistically speaking, an hour would be enough for maybe 3-4 perfect games. (Waiting times included)

So if you get less than 600 EXP on any of those matches, you're looking at a 2 hour lvl up. For 300 shards.

Now listen, Im not mad about the character prices and the cosmetic prizes. I AM mad about the amount of time and matches you have to go thru to buy a 21k outfit.

We need them to either give us a load-ton of shards when we get to lvl 100 OR increase the max shards we get when leveling up.

And as a bonus, let us keep the bonus cells we get when we buy a cell pack instead of pricing outfits 1080-1100 to basically force us to lose the "bonus" cells we just got. They're still getting 10$ so what's the point of giving us bonus cells if we're just gonna end up spending them at the first outfit we buy.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

The shard gain is intentionally low to push you into opening your wallet and buy Auric Cells like a good little consumer.

• lazerlight
    lazerlight Member Posts: 353

Literally everyone knows that.... thats why we're talking about this.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    edited July 2019

Don't worry you will have to buy a battlepass every three or two months using auric cells