Flash Lights in DBD are useless beyond all repair

Options
Raidoku
Raidoku Member Posts: 69
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

First off yes PURPLE flashlights viable all others are useless and waste of time getting you either downed or hit you can use whole flashlight on killer useless its purple of course game doesn't register you was hitting the "right spot". why cant you aim with the flashlight?! remove it and add a taser there plenty flashlight Tasers IRL so it would not be hard at al to make it more useful then it is I don't wanna wait until someone is getting picked up off the floor to use an item is stupid and even blinding a killer allows them to still attack?! I know the "get gud" trolls are coming but I shouldn't have to get good with a terrible to aim and control flashlight when even when I blind killer does nothing but make their screen red for 2 seconds thanks DBD.  

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• fededog19
    fededog19 Member Posts: 9
    Options

no

• invira_zero
    invira_zero Member Posts: 229
    Options

so cringe... Flashlights aree not so different, u know. Purple one just have more battery left.

• MassiveToggaf
    MassiveToggaf Member Posts: 37
    Options

Why do you provide an in real life example for a new item but get angry that flashlights dont prevent killers from attacking?

You know that you can still move in real life if someone shines a flashlight in your face right?

Flashlights are fine.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

Purple flashlights only provide more battery now.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Options

they're all pretty useless against a competent killer

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
  • SaveUsY2K
    SaveUsY2K Member Posts: 43
    Options

Lol this isn't a serous post, is it?

• Raidoku
    Raidoku Member Posts: 69
    Options

I used a entire yellow flashlight while the killer wasn’t picking up a survivor and he didn’t get blinded in the face recorded footage on console but agree researching and being informed about how “angles” work and difference between flashlights I sorry for speaking about things I didn’t know the entire facts on and I not a casual before the reset ranks there other day I was rank 3 one pip away from rank 2 but now knowing the facts I have been corrected apologies to everyone

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Wait a minute what should a person who spent like 20 minutes trying to look for ruin rather than just powering through the gens and then proceeded to complain about it

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354
    Options

Flashlights are the single most powerful thing in the game against hag, not even close to useless.

• karlofflugosi
    karlofflugosi Member Posts: 63
    Options

Huh. I must keep getting blinded by the survivors gleaming white teeth, then. If the flashlights don't work, I mean.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

if you know how to get the best use out of a flashlight. you won't think that it's useless.

a yellow flashlight is enough for 4 blinds. which means 4 possible flashlight saves. and keeps the flashlight in your hand (with a battery for half a blind).

most killers with more than 2 brain cells will attempt to look at the wall after getting blinded the first time (if they didn't know there's a flashlight in the lobby)or just do an 180 then pickup when there's no walls around and they've just downed a survivor and doesn't know you're around. so for saving. i'd usually suggest mindgaming the killer's mindgame and prepare yourself to try and blind from the smallest hole possible. from the corner. i can show you some videos where this trick helped me win the game.

not to mention that flashlights can be a great counter to hag, wraith and nurse.

yeah. and nurse. you can actually burn her while she's charging her blink. it's difficult. and will usually turns that nurse to a monster that will tunnel the ######### out of you for some reason. but ehhh. worth it in some situations.

also low iq nurses can get blinded while they're stunned by that fatigue after blinking.

i don't really think it's a useless tool.

it's a real weapon with the right survivor and enough skill (and good ping. really. the ping destroys the ######### out of it)

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2019
    Options

Saving survivors and/or blinding killers during pallet breaks and windows to extend chases is useless?

Literally beam their eyes

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696
    Options

You can still save survivors and burn killers like wraith and nurse. how is that useless? Seems like a bait post to me

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

the presence of a flashlight makes an aware killer paranoid of picking survivors up. it's tantamount to a survivor always being slugged in a pallet. killers can't just pick up whenever they want, which is useful

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

I’m so bad at aiming on ps4 D:

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    Options

The only difference between flashlights today is the battery they have.

• Strolfer
    Strolfer Member Posts: 21
    Options

Try using Quick and Quiet, Lithe and dance with me, when you blind the killer just go for a window

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Options

The best advice I can give is try to aim before you click, aim for the neck, and click when the survivor is upper chest level about to go on the killers shoulder for the save it may take a few tries to get the timing but its totally worth it

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

than you have never faced a good hag, best you can do is get rid of traps at a hook or at good loops and even than its a easy 1 second to replace said trap during a chase. not once have i had a FL ruin a game ever since trap placing speed was increased.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Options

It's not really that big of a problem like some make it out , even with multiple ones in game if you run Franklin's and trap their item you can snowball really well because when someone brings a flashlight they will 90% of the time try to go back for it

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268
    Options

I absolutely agree that flashlights are garbage, but I play on console. I am a survivor main, but I have been blinded as a killer, and managed to hold on to my survivor on multiple occasions, and that should not happen period. I did not earn those hooks. And the counter of looking up is so strong. And don't get me started on the firecracker type add-ons, talk about a waste of bloodpoints that I now have 50+ on some survivors.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    Options

I mean considering I got a flashlight stun on * mobile you can do it on console too bud.

Mobile flashlight controls are as because you have to stand still, press the button then aim as moving with the flashlight disables it for some reason. Ie I had to be in position early, hit the button and aim it.

If I can do it on mobile anyone can do it.

This discussion has been closed.