Splinters

yobuddd
yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I recently purchased all the “cash characters” during the birthday event, but now I’m seeing something kinda odd. Why does the killer bloodweb keep spawning these expensive “splinters” which allow me to play as the perkless version of a killer I already own? There have been a couple times when I was cornered into spending bloodpoints on them, which was a total waste. Is there any way to make them stop appearing?

Comments

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

They should stop appearing after you own the character. I haven't seen splinters for many months due to owning every killer. Sounds like a bug to me.

• yobuddd

Ahhh, I see. Thank you! I’ll go re-post this in the bug reports section then.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Yep it is a bug. One person on this forums still gets them to this day (even on GF)

• yobuddd

Wow! Well looks like I get to join the club. It hasn’t happened yet, but I’m looking forward to getting a splinter for a character in that same character’s bloodweb! Lol

• sweaty_gamer
    sweaty_gamer Member Posts: 25

I have the exact same thing, never thought it was a bug

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

they show up in my bloodwebs too. specifically the leatherface and freddy splinters

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2019

My favorite is getting Splinters in webs, when I already have the killer for it.

That's my favorite waste of space, in fact, Splinters are a waste of BP and space, that could be something way better!

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I bought all DLC's with money through the Xbox store. Plague is the only killer I got with shards. Myers I bought with auric cells through the game's store. I still get Black Splinters in all my blood webs. It's really annoying, particularly because it eats up the ultra rare drop in my blood web.

I really hope devs look into this and fix it. If I own the character I shouldn't be getting shards. Doesn't matter how I bought them.

@not_Queen

@Peanits

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

i had same problem but solved with buying dlcs, again

if you bought those splinter characters in game shop it won't fix it

rip for your wasted money

• yobuddd

I bought Myers through the PlayStation store and haven’t gotten any of his splinters since. Everyone else I bought with auric cells (except for those you get with iridescent shards), and splinters still spawn for them. I wonder if the issue lies with the auric cells.

• thesuicidefox

@yobuddd Well someone had mentioned to me a while ago that prestiging those characters will make it stop, but I don't want to do that just yet because I still have add-ons and offerings I'd like to use on Myers.

• yobuddd

@thesuicidefox I’m curious to know if that works when you get around to it. The only killer I’ve prestiged so far is the Hag, so there must be some other factor for why I don’t see splinters for Myers anymore.

• thesuicidefox

I will try to remember to let you know but it won't be anytime soon. I have Myers at level 50 but I barely ever play him. I just want to use my pink add-ons for Evil Incarnate achievement, and then his adept. After that I will probably prestige him, but I'm most likely going to wait until after the next DLC chapter.

Hopefully the devs just flat out fix this by then so I don't even need to bother.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

Happens to me as well, its a total waste and yes I own all the killers. yet they still appear in my bloodweb. didn't even know it was a bug. hope they fix soon