Dc'ing so another survivor can get the hatch

Basically there are 2 survivors dead, 1 dc's so the other can get the hatch. This is pretty annoying since it denies the killer to actually play for his 3 or 4k and can sometimes totally screw up the killer's attempt of getting an Adept.

I think the hatch shouldn't instantly open when someone Dc's and should only open after a few seconds or a minute to give the killer a chance to close it or get the last survivor.

What do you guys think? And has anybody else been having trouble with this?

Comments

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

As far as i know only console killers can keep their stuff by DCing in a certain way which i won't mention.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265
    edited July 2019

You won't DC if you're a fair gamer. I'm not 100% sure, but it would also be against the rules I think.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It's breaking Terms of Service. There is no opinion to be had, it's quite black and white.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

LOL

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

@Jdsgames I'd rather not waste a perk slot for a perk I may not even get to use if I don't get slugged. No thanks.

And you asked whose fault is it if I get slugged? literally the killer's fault XD

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

So by your logic: A killer should lag switch or hack if the survivors are doing good because it is the survivors fault? Hmm perks that may not always be used: A few come to mind... Dying Light, Noed, Deliverance, No mither, unbreakable, decisive strike, etc. Who's fault is it that you are on the ground? Apparently you got caught. Being slugged means your teammate is not healing you back up. Therefore who's fault is it really? I will just leave it at that. It is clear it is an ignorance situation. Hopefully when dedicated servers and they actually punish for your behavior we will see less of your slimy tactics.

• Commander_Riker
    Commander_Riker Member Posts: 23

Supposedly they're implementing punishments for DC'ing soon.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I don't have a problem with slugging for the 4k, but it is a sweaty move and you can't blame someone for not wanting to sit there waiting. I'd rather move on to the next match.

It's one of the reasons I quit playing survivor. Too many sweaty killers and I needed to be able to get to the next match asap if I was going to maximize BP gain. But no, the sweaty 13 year old had to have their 4k and most of the time they failed to get it.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

@George_Soros

I could understand slugging to get the 4K when killers couldn't close the hatch, but now? Nah

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@My_Farewell actually yeah, there's a lot less of that lately. I usually just slug the third, go search for hatch, go back and hook the guy. I have plenty of time to go back to the hatch and close it before he's sacrificed. Takes a lot less time than it used to without the option to close the hatch. Yet another thing that has been greatly improved, thanks to EGC.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

The disconected survivor should be banned for a couple of hours. Now that would be the ultimate sacrifice for a friend ;-)

• Raccoon

Hey guys,

Please stop tunneling and camping and fix da NOED...

Oh, we had a fun game with none of those....but you slugged me.....DC :D

Me not entitled!

You toxic!

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

Where is the downvote when I need it... There are several comments in this post that deserve to be downvoted to hell

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

I only say 1 thing.

DC = Game Mechanic = Bad for the game

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Gives me a good chuckle.

• Raccoon

There's definitely a few users here I'll be ignoring in any future game health/balance/fair play discussions.

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

@Jdsgames @RakimSockem

Although I pretty much agree with Jdsgames as far as yes, this is a game where if you're slugged for awhile, it's on your teammates' hands (whether they wanna help you or not) and I do believe you shouldn't have a reason to DC in a game. You just play the game. It's oh well if you're slugged. That's just my opinion, but I see some validity to what Rakim is saying. I'm not entirely sure the definition of what holding a game hostage is, but what about killers who genuinely slug a whole team just to wait for them to die? Is that an okay thing to do? I usually just AFK when that happens (which only happened to me maybe 2-3 times really), but is that an okay thing for a killer to do? I'm just wondering genuinely, because I've never been clarified if it is allowed or not. It's particularly annoying as hell, but again, I just "play" the "game" (that doesn't exist in that case lol).

• Raccoon

Yes, slugging the whole team to death is allowable.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited July 2019

@wichael_wyers now I always fight logically.

Slugging is not bannable as it is an inteded game mechanic.

Disconnects frequently are also bannable! As well as hacking and exploiting.

So any logic behind "Oh disconnecting is strategic play" is simply just wrong. They wouldn't ban for it if they wanted it in their game. People also need to understand what "Taking the game hostage" means. You will bleed out the game will end it is not a hostage situation. Here is an example of a hostage situation.

That last survivor is crouched in the corner. The killer walks up and blocks them in. The killer then proceeds to go downstairs get a soda, eat dinner, take a shower, and go to bed. The survivor could not do anything to escape the match naturally and was forced to disconnect. That is taking the game hostage.

Here is a second example of taking the game hostage: The survivors did not attempt to touch any gens and proceeded to urbanly evade around for an hour making no attempt at completing the objective. The killer not wishing to play hide and seek has to disconnect to get into a normal match.

Another example of taking the game hostage. Infinite mending legion blades. The legion proceeded to frenzy everyone and never made any attempts to hook. As there was no way to leave the game and the killer was not attempting to kill anyone as they were able to and forced the survivors to disconnect.

Slugging the entire survivor team will cause them to bleed out in a few minutes. This is again a crappy way to even pip so it is only a loss from the killer's perspective. However, you do not need to disconnect to leave the match.

However, on a side note there should be a concede button. This would be for times that survivors get stuck into a wall and the killer can't do anything to down them. This way if both parties agree the game can just end with the points they have.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

The only time DCing is not frowned upon, as far as I can tell, is if something (or something) is causing the game to last indefinitely and be unable to finish.

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

@Jdsgames Thanks for the clarification and the good info! Hopefully this helps to spread some awareness.

• MySpaceBarsBroken
    MySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167

You have it backwards. The hatch should spawn the second they get hooked so it doesnt incentivise dcing. If you're slugging then you deserve the dc anyway.

• Raccoon

Yeah!

You deserve the loss of points and emblem progress for playing the game the way it is meant to be played.

So many garbage (unrelated to skill) players in this topic literally breaking the game's rules, incentivizing DC's, skewing developer stats, and really flashing that entitlement card.

Probably the exact same people that line up to complain about tunneling and camping @_@

It's unfortunate that such a portion of the community exists.

• Raccoon

Literally look at all the tunneling and camping topics on the front page.

Why bother playing "non-scummy" when the potential to "fairly" maximize your score/rank is non-existent?

Congrats on making your bed :D