Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DBD is very unfriendly to new players.

2»

Comments

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

still much better than varius games include gta5 i playing

heres minimum of pay to win

even game is cheap and dlc is giveaway price

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2019

It's really hard to get my friends into the game, for sure.

There needs to be more flexibility in game-play and more ways to play Killer with friends (i.e. without the need of 5 people in one lobby).

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited July 2019

@KillermainBTWm8 It's basically what Peanits said in another thread today. Their numbers are holding steady on PC, neither decreasing nor increasing, though console has grown and with Switch and Mobile on the horizon, they expect growth there.

So, basically PC failed to retain the new players from the free weekends and Steam sales. Meanwhile, their other game, which is PC-only at this stage and (oh-hum) "early access," the relaunched Deathgarden, has bled players faster than a stuck pig . . . again.

As for console, it was recently on the Playstation Pass. My 21-year-old son and his friend tried it over at their place. They didn't stick with it due to the new player grind, either.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

I’m not a new player and I’m already crying at how much my bf and I will have to grind when the game releases for Switch. Hopefully we can cross-platform our accounts.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223

It's disheartening because so many of those people won't give it a second chance. They've been so bizarrely stubborn about this grind and RNG based perk acquisition. I really don't get it.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

First impressions matter especially for games. Honestly if I just got the game today and my friends said "Oh! you want a viable build? Well first your going have to level up 10 more characters and get their teachables which will take an insanely long time to grind out just to have a good start. Oh and I know you bought the game already but you're gonna have to spend even more money for some of these perks" It doesn't matter after you hear that people are going to think the game isn't worth the trouble.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited July 2019

@edgarpoop and @KillermainBTWm8 Precisely, those new players are players lost. And the kicker is that since they got the game on sale (or just tried a free weekend) and therefore don't really have any investment in the title, they're also unlikely to keep tabs on it. So, even if BHVR did miraculously overhaul the grind, those players are likely gone with the wind.

I had several friends and family try it on the free weekend. They range in age from 30 to 46 (my age). They all understand games and it took them no time at all to understand Teachables, the BP grind, and the fact that on top of all that is bloodweb RNG. Once they found out about how easy it is for Vets to derank all the way down to Rank 15, and then get dumped back into the beginner ranks from there when a reset happens, they all walked away. They couldn't believe that a game with only a ranked mode would operate that way, and had zero interest in dealing with it in addition to the RNG grind.

And guess what? Not a single one of them are even glancing in the direction of DBD now. The game had its chance with them, and failed. They're players and revenue lost.

I guess at this stage, BHVR has to be banking on consoles, mobile, and the Switch, because it seems like PC isn't growing them, or in the case of Deathgarden is even spiraling.

Reminds me a lot of Hi-Rez. If not for their console and Switch players, both Paladins and Realm Royale would be circling the financial drain by now. But at least Hi-Rez has both cross-play and cross-platform progression (minus for the PS4 because: Sony).