Survivor Perks that are about skill?

Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

I wonder what perks are about how good can you use them.

I only know these:

• Dead Hard
  • Diversion

I want to make build that is about playmaking, how good can you use these perks but I find it so hard to find perks that rly are about "how good can you be with them" when most of perks just have some no-brain passive effects. Would be cool if we would get some new "skill" perks that are harder to use.

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2019

Eh I wouldn't call Dead Hard skillful. It can be, but for the most part it's not.

Spine Chill, Balanced Landing, and No Mither are the most skillful survivors perks IMO.

SC has a lot of utility that you can only get to if you are good at the game. You need to always have a heading of where the killer is coming from to get the most from it, and it takes skill to use it properly in a chase.

BL requires map knowledge and good routing skills. You also have to be a good looper because there will be times where you won't be able to get to a drop point.

NM, well you are injured all the time. Besides the fact it just makes the game flat out harder this way, there is also a very nuanced way to get the most out of the perk by FORCING the killer to slug you. It requires you to really understand the situation and the killer. You have to be in their head and know what they want to do, and know when it is a bad time for them to catch you (eg. your friend is being chased by EW3 Myers, you jump out and sponge a hit, killer is now in a situation where they either let you go to continue the chase on the guy that's now miles away with a one shot, or take your hook and lose EW3 in that time).

Post edited by thesuicidefox on
  • Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

OoO should need some skill I think, cause the killer will see you and that's not a good thing for the most time.

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77

Balanced Landing more skillful than Dead Hard? Nah chief. That’s the easiest exhaustion perk besides Adrenaline.

I’ll say Iron Will, pulling off jukes and losing the killer mid chase with it is super satisfying and takes some skill to master.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

imagine saying dead hard isn't a skillful perk but balanced landing is

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

I think Head On could be considered skilled. I would consider Bond to be, too, since you may not know what to do with the info if you were unskilled.

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122

@thesuicidefox

Can you please explain to me how dead hard, a perk that activates when you press a button and when timed accurately can grant you a second chance is not skillful? 

Dead hard is arguably the most skillful perk in the game.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

@Zertix I fail to see how pressing one button equals skill. I used to run dead hard till I realized any experienced killer just waits for it making it useless unless you use it to reach a pallet or window which you would have reached anyways if you had used other exhaustion perks in the first place.

Kinda overrated perk in my opinion.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

The point of the perk is to give you extra time to make it to a pallet you wouldn't have reached by normal means. So if you notice you've taken another loop where you should have thrown down the pallet, you can DH over to the pallet and throw it down. You can also use it to get someone else hit. I had someone sandbagging me, DHed and they got hit instead. It was really funny.

You don't want to be in a situation where the killer is waiting out the DH and close enough to do so.

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122

@Yamaoka

Pressing the button itself doesn't require any skill but "when" to press it does. 

Yeah, if you are gonna use DH to bait a swing then it is a useless perk.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited July 2019

Lol needing skill to play Survivor.

I kid. I'd say Dead Hard needs skill to better time the "when" otherwise you either waste it or are late.

Head On kind of is mainly because you need to know how to activate it and when and where it counts as a "hit".

OoO is self explanatory.

Other than that? I can't really think of anything.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Left Behind wins this, hands down!

If you can manage to extract any sort of use from that perk, then you deserve an award!

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I'd say head-on

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Balanced Landing requires map knowledge and good positioning to use correctly. If you don't know how tiles spawn you, if you don't know how to route to get to the drop tiles, you will not get any use out of Balanced. You also have to know the little spots where you can use it, like certain stairs or the tree on Shelter Woods.

Dead Hard doesn't require any skill because it's just pushing a button when the killer is nearby. There are instances where it does take skill, like using it properly to evade a hit to make it to a pallet or window, but majority of the time survivors just wait for you to get close and press the button. It's super easy to counter, I will literally fall for Dead Hard once as killer. After that I just wait for you to use it and then hit you.