Fellow Killers, what's your take on the Ebony Mori?

Options
2»

Comments

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Hey, if you want to make Ebony Mori's even more rare, I'm behind that.

But I cannot get behind seeing them nerfed. Sometimes you just need to put the fear of the Entity into a team.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    Options

Your ideas are great!

i personally hate using moris. i don't like ending games early as i feel its unfair to the survivor, unless im using a key which doesn't technically end the game early for anyone else, and allows me to escape if im the last person.

eh maybe im to emphatic as a killer?

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

My biggest bone to pick with Mori's is that survivors don't get any ultra-rare offerings to counteract mori users.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I think Mori's should be removed from the game, it's not fun to get removed from the game so easily and it makes it possible for the Killer to be really mean.

I think Mori's should be a thing that activates for Killer's based on how happy they have made the entity, every hooking + sacrifice and then when a number is reached you get to kill one yourself. Just as the item description says.

• ATerribleBilly
    ATerribleBilly Member Posts: 69
    edited July 2019
    Options

I honestly think they're fine where they are. In my opinion, survivors and killers aren't suppost to be equal. I feel that asymmetrical horror games should have killers that have abilities and tools that are some what overpowered. I know that Dbd isn't really considered a "horror experience" like say Friday the 13th, which when it launched was extremely scary because of how powerful Jason was. Dead by daylight has kinda gravitated to more of a "competitive" style game with winners and losers. I just want atleast one gameplay element that still makes me afraid of the killer, one gameplay element that adds a bit of unpredictability to the game. Because running around knowing pretty much everything the killer is going to do, everything thing the killer is capable of doing isn't really scary. Moris really make me dread getting downed because I know I could possibly be knocked out of the game. But this is more of a casual survivor perspective.

Post edited by ATerribleBilly on
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2019
    Options

About as rare as a Super Toxic Assassination SWF Death Squad

STASDS for short

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

Cipress as baseline is alright.

Ivory doesn't need a rarity change. - One person isn't that bad.

Ebony Mori: Drop the hook requirement make it ultra rare and can only be used on two survivors. You can't get mori'd if you don't get downed.

• Yrutan
    Yrutan Member Posts: 26
    Options

Personally, I dislike how the Cypress Mori is a joke and how the Ivory Mori is so strong you basically have no reason to use the Ebony Mori.

Essentially, I would be happy with the following changes :

Cypress Mori : Grants the ability to kill one Survivor who has reached the second hook stage and the last Survivor by your hand during the next trial.

Ivory Mori : Grants the ability to kill all Survivors who have reached the second hook stage and the last Survivor by your hand during the next trial.

Ebony Mori : Grants the ability to kill one Survivor who has been hooked and the last Survivor by your hand during the next trial.

In short,

Cypress is buffed

Ivory is restricted by the second hook stage but you can kill all 4

Ebony has now the current effect of both Cypress and Ivory

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

The reason I’ve never cared for Moris in this game is because most of the animations look boring. For instance, Wraith and Trapper look like they are spanking the survivor. Of course the they have been stepping up their game with the most recent ones so maybe they can revisit the older animations. They need to be more dramatic, perhaps even be able to hear the survivor screaming from the other side of the map.

The other part of me feels like once I’ve seen the animation I’m just bored and would rather chase that survivor (as it is the funnest part of the match for me) than take them out quick and as a result ending the match sooner.

I also feel that for me killing someone with a Mori should grant the killer some sort of temporary effect/reward if the mori was performed under certain conditions. I think it would add an interesting aspect to them.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

I love ebony moris. Please never change :-)

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,509
    Options

States the person that doesn't even play both sides at rank 1, oh the irony.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Overpowered and anti-fun. Should be made so they only work on death hook or after 2 hooks like you said. And it'd be nice if Cypress was just a base mechanic, I don't see too many problems with that.

But insta heals should be looked at too if they're going there, they're also not fair at all. Syringe especially. Should do it just like how they nerfed old BNP and Moris together, so neither side can cry about how 'omg biased' the devs are.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
    edited July 2019
    Options

Changes I would make

1)I feel Ivory Mori should be on death stage ( 2 hook or 1 if they go past struggle) for use.

2) Ivory Mori

Ivory should mark one survivor (obsession) and they would get bonus BP for the length of time they survive the trial(100%). (nothing sucks more then getting camp tunneled so that a killer can eliminate you from the game) This would reward a survivor for avoiding death.

3) Ebony Mori

Can only be used after 10 minutes of game time. Killer gains rage as the trial drags on. (if you ever played Friday the 13th, Jason gains rage and becomes stronger the longer the game) I think after 10 minutes a warning bell will sound and any player hooked can be killed on the next down. Thus the counter to a mori will be completing the game or not getting hooked in the first 10 minutes.

4)Cypress - any survivor that is caught in the end game that has been hooked once prior can be killed.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

Moris are fine. Except Cypress. Buff that. Killers are supposed to kill. One of the things the devs got right. Gotta kill a few survivors to send a message once in a while.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Options

even if that is true, they're not wrong. I don't see the point in saying that. u okay?

This discussion has been closed.