Sprint Burst Exploit.

Options
Ghostul
Ghostul Member Posts: 42

Just had a killer game where I noticed an Ash kept getting bursts of speed during chase. At first I knocked it as lag, so in post game I asked him about it.

This player told me it was not lag, and in fact was a sprint burst exploit. He told me how it's done (won't post here in fear of people trying for themselves.) His whole team had sprint burst on so I am assuming they were a swf all using this exploit.

I already in-game reported him and the team, despite him claiming it is not bannable. I just wanted to bring other peoples attention to this.

ps. If this is in fact not bannable that would be messed up. Especially since people were threatened ban for Legion's blades exploit.

Comments

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    Options

PERFECT.

/s

*sigh*

• Ghostul
    Options

Difference is, those were all patched fairly quickly. Does that mean that we will have to wait several weeks for mid-chapter to see a fix? If so, then that means for those several weeks killers will see nothing but sprint burst exploits effectively getting free chase escapes for weeks.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    Options

Eh.

Unless we're talking about Sheltered Woods...

I find Lithe overtakes Sprint Burst in most situations.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

The rules beg to differ. Doing an exploit on purpose is one thing, but it is against the rules to exploit bugs for personal gain. People were notified and banned for the blades due to how they could hold the game hostage, though, I do believe. Don't know about that situation either, though.

• Ghostul
    Options

Yes, accidental use is obviously okay. But thing is, this ash admitted to knowing about the exploit and him and his team used it to win. If they don't plan on fixing this bug asap then they ought to place the threat of a ban for using it.

• AppleJew
    AppleJew Member Posts: 1
    Options

If you people get sprint burst nerfed, ima be pissed. I dunno about this exploit but its things like this and people griping over nothing that completely ruined borrowed time and decisive strike. Instead of complaining, I dunno, try getting better? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

That's what I was saying. It's against the rules to use an exploit and they admitted to knowing it was one.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495
    Options

You're derailing.

I like the idea of SB having more agency to it (having more control over when it triggers since most exhaustion perks are best when they trigger mid chase) but this bug goes a little far. It's an exploit that I think merits punishment but ur 100% derailing

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

People are dropping their current perk (Balanced or Dead Hard) and running this just because it's bugged, honestly 99% of people who are using it aren't using it to any real advantage so whatever.

Survivors telegraph their plays so badly once you start to watch.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@Ghostul It'll be fixed next Tuesday when Freddy/Badham changes drop.

• Justwantacreampie
    Justwantacreampie Member Posts: 19
    Options

Nah this is how Sprint burst should be tbh and i dont see you reporting the black aura bug that lets killers see when a survivor walks by a gen.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

One of the most popular and useful perks for survivors will not warrant a ban. Survivors will skip till it's fixed if they do that. Que times will be pure hell.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Sprint Burst is already strong enough it allows you to get to a safe area at the start of the chase when the killer might have gotten a hit on you.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Wait so the perk still gives exhaustion? Just doesn’t activate unless you crouch?

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571
    Options

You do realize that if they put that as a feature, Sprint burst would be a stupidly overpowered perk? Right? Imagine how the loops would be, especially the infinites, I can only imagine how worse they would be... people like you, thinking that this is okay to put in as a future is a reason why half of this game is unbalanced

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

Couldn't have said it better myself, it's just a better dead hard without the skill and game knowledge to use it. The ignorance of people is baffling to me how they don't see how strong this is. Hope it gets fixed soon.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,144
    Options

I don't think this sprint burst change is an exploit, I have feeling that it was balance test for the perk that purposely made it on live servers. In general all survivor builds use at least one exhaustion perk and all of the exhaustion perks(besides head on) grant same bonus of increasing movement speed, so in the end of the day, It's matter of choice for which exhaust perk you use. If your attempt to test a change regarding a perk, they should at least not be so obscured about it, since any change can always be reverted at any given moment. I think the perk is alright, but one of major problems of allowing a perk like this to be active at any given time is lack of telltale that a survivor is going to use it. Dead hard gives telltale by survivors looking behind them+injured, Balanced Landing requires a levitation, Lithe requires a vault, so as killer, you can easily predict these behaviors from survivors and formulate a strategy once you know what their exhaustion perk of choice is. With this exploit, you can't really counter-play the perk, It's just a time waster, than again most survivor mains include myself use dead hard because you can use the dash to reach pallets/windows that you normally wouldn't be able to get to in time that also leaves little counter-play for classic m1 killers in loops. so there's that.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696
    Options

How is that not a big deal, it is literally using the perk in a way not intended (because of a bug) to exploit a 50% speed boost any time you want for a short but effective time gap.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

Luckily haven’t had any encounters with this but I can see how dumb it is for killers especially when it’s a full team abusing it. Reading peoples comments on how it’s “fair” and not game breaking I just imagine if there was a bug that let killers activate bloodlust at will and seeing the outcry that would have. Just hope it gets fixed soon but with every bug fixed another one comes.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Reality is, they're just making the game less fun for themselves and teammates. If you Sprint Burst me mid chase while it's bugged, you're getting hard tunneled for the rest of the game.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

because knowing the devs they wont fix it for weeks upon weeks, so survivors that ran sprint burst would just keep complaining to bring it back and fix already, and no one wants to constantly see that for weeks.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

Of course I wish they were fixed ASAP, preferably either with a hotfix or by disabling the bugged stuff until it's fixed if the spread reaches critical mass instead of being a niche thing that a handful of people know. I mean, they disabled the Ormond map when it had problems so it's clearly possible, and the moonlight offerings are retired as well.

I'm more or less just trying to argue against the idea that there's some sort of survivor bias at play, as that is simply not what's happening.

• Ashkiin
    Ashkiin Member Posts: 52
    Options

The delusioned entitlement of some survivors here is actually unbelievable... Bt, ds are weak now? SB should be ridiculously better even though it's one of the best perks in the game? And these ppl have the audacity to tell others to get better as they ask even bigger freebies?? Hello? Is this real life?

Of COURSE this should be fixed asap and/or disabled. If nurse could blink at will with no stun or cd, or noed be applied at any point b4 there even is a totem the same would apply ffs

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261
    Options

It's okay to abuse bugs as long as you're a survivor.

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536
    Options

They really need to fix this killer aura and sprint burst bug bzw exploit because this is game breaking and I think they will do it.

• Sean
    Sean Member Posts: 107
    Options

I am cool with survivors having this sprint burst exploit if killers can swing 10 feet away from me and still get a hit even thought they never even got close to hitting me.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    Options

@Sean honestly you can fix this issue by not playing in a lobby with red ping.

• Raidoku
    Raidoku Member Posts: 69
    Options

Agreed I have my whole team use meg so we can SB and we use no glitch its not OP or broken even if there was a glitch no fix needed keep as if they fixing perks start with hex ruin

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options

"Deal with our game breaking bug because we had to deal with your game breaking bug."

You're the reason ######### doesn't get fixed.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696
    Options

I can tell the highest rank you get to as survivor is 10, But you've never been a red rank killer and seen how fast gens go if you don't have ruin. stop saying fix it and find the totem instead crying about it, not like survivors spawn on it 1/4 of the time

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

It's not bannable. Devs willingly let people exploit their game. Same thing happened with Wake Up in 3.0.0, even though they should of banned everyone who abused it. It's disgusting but what can you do when they don't have a backbone too punish the majority of the playerbase. This will just be swept under the rug like all the other exploits/bugs that ruin the game. I also had a SWF group who all had toolboxes and Sprint Burst. I just left that match because no.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

If they wanted too tell people "don't exploit in our game" they absolutly would. But they set the standard at "meh, we'll fix it in a week, enjoy hell killers!" and let everyone get away with the exploits. Same thing happened with Wake Up, one of the reasons I'm taking a break from this game till Freddy rework comes out, devs don't care too fix/disable broken content and just let it run rampant.

• D4RKL0V3
    D4RKL0V3 Member Posts: 7
    Options

If you are talking about the sb bug that allows you to run and then trigger it anytime u want, i think it was already fixed, correct me if i am wrong

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

Devs stance on it is clear.

Don't feel bad about sharing how to do it. I guess I will try it out as well since it's not punishable at all so why not.

I liked my BL but activatable SB sounds great as well.

Remember that if you find any buggy things on the killer side exploit the ######### out of them to get fun games where you play with your food instead of trying harder.

EZ game.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

The player base isn’t big enough to survive if they ban people, that’s why they rarely even threaten that.

• Justice
    Justice Member Posts: 60
    Options

I ran into a team that literally abused this on em the other day. it is so frustrating. As a Killer you have to have perfect timing and something as little as missing a swing could make a huge difference in the flow of the game.

For example if you miss what would otherwise be a hit because of the exploit, it could snowball to taking much longer to catch the survivor and pull someone off a gen to save, then pressure the next and so on.

It's also super rude to do. I found survivors would go out of their way to find me and run around, and just when I caught up they would trigger it. Awful.

• Ghostul
    Options

I recently found out that there is a fix coming in the next mid-chapter which is coming a week earlier than expected, July 23rd.

Until then we just have to endure the use of this exploit. Luckily most people aren't total ######### so I don't see it every game. I will probably just leave any match that has people using it.

• Mohaty
    Mohaty Member Posts: 2
    Options

I just had a game with wraith everytime i tried to hit someone while he is running he will SB and escape. they didn't had DH only SB and am a bit confused cause it us supposed to give the survivors a lead at the start and to be able to escape the first hit or to reach a pallets. not in mid chase while he is looping you and SB to an other pallate . that a real pain to face that .