Watching DBD Killer Streamers and Mains

Options
Kiskashi
Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

Hi everyone, I've been watching quite a few DBD streamers lately and I've noticed that I tend to enjoy watching people play killers I don't more than I do when they play killers I play often especially Myers. I really enjoy watching spirit, nurse, billy, plague, clown etc matches and consequently (on console so nurse is the one I'm saving to learn last) these are killers I do not often play.

This could just be because I'm burnt out on the playstyle of my killers (just everyday business) and find these refreshing but spirit is an odd case as I also play her quite a bit recently while trying to level her up.

I also find it bothers me a little when people make obvious mistakes with Myers, I know they're learning or main another killer and just switching for fun but it still hurts my soul a little, I painfully remember watching a really fresh Myers not stalking at all, or stalking all the time but then stopping when they actually saw a survivor.

Does anyone else find that they gravitate towards watching killers that they don't play often more than ones they main? If so, why do you think this is the case (for you). I'm curious if it's burnout or if some killers playstyles are just genuinely more exciting to watch.

Comments

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

I usually play the worst things in game since I find Meta's dumb, unfun, and controlling. I don't mind watching someone play one killer only 24/7, but it gets boring, which is why I like watching Tru3, since he plays all killers pretty well.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Yes I am a spirit/ Nurse main so I die inside whenever someone makes a mistake as those two while as other killers such as Hillbilly I enjoy watching because I suck with those killers.

• Kiskashi
    edited June 2019
    Options

@BunnyTheHutt It was actually while watching Tru3 that I thought of this particular thing, since he plays them all in a way. I get really excited when he posts a nurse or spirit match and the occasional clown or plague match but when it's a Myers I just lose interest.

I do swap between a few streamers and they all play different killers/builds etc but even then I tend to go towards certain killer matches over others.

Do you find you watch matches with who you consider your main and do you enjoy them?

• Kiskashi
    edited June 2019
    Options

@KillermainBTWm8 exactly it's like the mistakes just hurt to watch sometimes and the killers I don't play I feel like I'm actively learning from the match too so it's of more benefit. Makes it more exciting in a way, thanks for the reply. I want to see if it's a general trend or if it's the killer playstyle being fun to watch in general.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I enjoy watching Spirit and Nurse gameplay the most. I die on the inside when they use prayer beads for teaching people how to play Spirit.

• Kiskashi
    edited June 2019
    Options

@GrootDude I’ve seen a lot of spirit players advise against prayer beads and some perks like stridor in general, most I’ve seen actually give really good tips on mindgames with her, prayer beads is a no go for understanding her power/sounds etc in general. Are they your mains? If so, interesting change. Maybe for some it is the play style. At least what we’ve all got in common is agreeing that some plays and advice are a bit cringy. Thanks for the reply.

• GrootDude
    Options

@Kiskashi yep, spirit and nurse main. :) I don’t think stridor is horrible but better perks are available.

• Kiskashi
    Options

@GrootDude it’s not horrible but I’ve seen some say it can throw off your distance judging with injured survivors while phasing if you learn with the perk then switch or vice versa. Also you’re right there are perks better suited to her tracking and power as well.

• GrootDude
    Options

@Kiskashi if you get used to it then it can throw you off if you swap it. I use bbq,DH,HG and another perk I currently can’t remember.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

The only twitch I watch are survivor's.... the survivor I am currently playing against. I stop watching them after the match, not before thanking them for the useful information ;-)

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77
    Options

Watching Tru3talents streams helped me get better at mindgaming as killer.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

I used to pick mains, but now I play everyone to mix it up and have fun. I'll ask my girlfriend to pick a number form 1 to 16 and see what I play.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

so, why not, offer advice so everyone can get better?

Just because someone streams doesnt mean they know everything about the game, many of them have not that many hours etc,... it will make you feel better to offer advice more than complaining about them.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I watch streams/YT more for the player than who they are playing. Though I honestly could care less if they are playing LF, Legion, or Doc, just because those killers are boring to watch.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I'm a Spirit main and always use Stridor because half the people at red ranks use Iron Will. Also because Ace has built in Iron Will regardless. It just ensures acceptable audio at all times.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I'm a Spirit main and like watching Spirit gameplay. There's always more to learn. I also really enjoy watching Nurse gameplay because she's the one killer I just can't get the hang of no matter how hard I try. I probably have 20 hours on Nurse at this point and still usually don't get a kill.