Hatch escapes are impossible now...

I know that I'm going to get flamed like crazy, as people flame anyomne on here for saying anything - but the new end game crap sucks. I've yet to see anyone get a hatch escape since it was implemented. The short amount of time it takes ANY KILLER to get from one door to the other makes it next to impossible. Come on, killers can live with a 3 man game THEY DON'T NEED TO 4 MAN EVERYTIME to prevent them from quitting the game altogether!

Comments

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

You don't need a free escape everytime either. Find the hatch before the killer does it's as easy as that. I've had games where survivors escape through the hatch, i've had games where the survivor has escaped through the doors. I have had games where the survivor dies before either of us find the hatch.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

Either bring a key, bring Wake Up, or bring both. I personally run Wake Up because keys tend to get you focused.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

I was sitting around with 14 skeleton keys on my Meg before EGC. Down to 2 now, but I've had a minimum of 25 escapes via the hatch since EGC was implemented.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Your team failed to escape and you failed to find the hatch you don't need anymore chances.

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

I've had several survivors escape through the hatch. I've had some die during EGC and some escape through doors. The killer killed 3, they still need to work for the 4th. Just like you still need to work for the escape

• ewlioness
    ewlioness Member Posts: 4

It depends on which map you’re on and which killer you’re against if they close hatch first. Some map doors are super close and super easy for the killer to camp both and let the entity kill you, others it’s almost 100% you’ll escape with how far apart they are.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

look. The Killer getting the exit gates powered via the hatch is the equivalent of the Survivors getting the exit gates powered via the generators with all 4 alive.

Your odds of Survival given powered gates and 4 living Survivors are pretty high.

That should be your death rate if the hatch is closed.

I'd estimate that to be about 70%ish. Since 1 Survivor will often die in that situation and sometimes a second gets greedy and dies too, but there are enough 4 man escapes to mostly balance that out.

So I'd expect a roughly 30% escape rate given a closed hatch. And it seems like that's the case given that most of us have seen plenty of escapes during the EGC.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I won't say its easy, but your odds can be improved. With just plunder's instinct I've found more rare keys than bought on the bloodweb and I have yet to see a killer return to a closed hatch. Also knowing your killer and how much distance they can cover from last hook, no point hatch sitting when they are in range.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

On my low mobility Killers (Legion, Trapper, Huntress) survivors get the hatch on me quite often.

• SodiumIntensifies
    SodiumIntensifies Member Posts: 18

Why should survivors be rewarded for playing bad?

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Hatch is still pretty easy to get as survivor. And here is a tip for opening the doors either bring wakeup or 30% the door before the killer gets to your door. Then hide in the locker and open it the rest of the way. You put it to 30% because lights won't show then killers don't have time to search lockers during their patrols.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

The hatch is impossible to escape because Killer can close the hatch. But it given because its so much easier for Survivors to get the hatch now. As soon as 1 survivor left, hatch will spawn.

A better way is to make hatch spawn requires 2 gen fixed. So giving a key for the last survivor is more reasonable. The chest give 33% spawn a key if there are 3 unopened chest left, 66% if 2, 100% if there is only 1 chest left. I would say survivor paying time to find, open the chest to get a key and find the hatch to re-open the hatch will be time consuming with 2min EGC but much more safe. Faster way is open the gate, but more risky.

. This will get rid of hatch stand off like the old one, because Killer can close hatch and start EGC time count down.

. This will get rid easy hatch escape for the last survivor because 2 gen required.

. This will give more choice/chance for the last survivor, they deserve it since they have to fix 2 gen.

. This will bring "Left behind" back from being useless.

But I truly need DC on 1st down need to be punished.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Easy fix: repair generators, escape through gates.

I can't believe I have to spell it out for you...

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

I've had 3 hatch escapes out of 4 games where all my teammates died tonight. Bring Wake-Up.

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124
    edited July 2019

I've also escaped using the hatch several times in the end game.

It's all luck or paying attention as the game goes on to notice where the hatch is.

The times I haven't found the hatch...oh well...take the death and move on to the next game.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250

They're not impossible, they're just no longer free.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140
    edited July 2019

The hatch is total RNG. I once had it spawn at my feet as soon as the third survivor died, and I jumped right in. It's not really "fair" for either side; it's just random. That's all there is to it. I've escaped through the hatch, I've escaped through the exit gates, and I've died trying to find the hatch, and I've died trying to open an exit gate.

I've also had plenty of survivors escape in the EGC while playing killer, both through the hatch and through the exit gates. It just depends on where everything spawns and where you happen to be on the map. Certain strategies can help raise the odds for either side, but sometimes there's no defense against the complete randomness of the game.

Post edited by TragicSolitude on
  • ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

I've gotten both door and hatch after egc launched. I ain't even a good survivor as I play killer way more. So I don't know what more you could want other maybe door spawn rule adjustments. The hatch is RNG and should stay that way. Killers aren't deserving of an automatic 4k, but survivors are deserving of sole survivor achievement or hatch points. Beside it isn't as if there isn't things to help survivors like maps, keys, and good old fashioned stealth.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ClickNinja
    ClickNinja Member Posts: 59
  • ClickNinja
    edited July 2019

Correct! Solo Survivor main here, hatch is 50% luck and 50% whether or not the killer saw it first - which they probably did because they can run around the map with IMPUNITY, and when the hatch is powered - they can run right to it and close it with IMPUNITY. The doors are ALMOST ALWAYS too close together for anyone (not running wake up) to open one before the killer can get right back to you from the other door.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

A short part from a previous post:

EGC Balance: The only time this is in the killers favor is the following:

Gates are on the same wall. Or the angle that the gates are apart have a hill or something with clear LOS to both gate switches.

Any other time this is an L for the killer.

You have hatch: Nice we can close it but the gates are on the other side of the map. Even if it is near the gates you are now protecting two hatches that you can't prevent from being opened without seeing the survivor. As a killer you do not have time to sniff out the area you are purely stuck on focusing on the gate switch. "30% gates no lights" tactic practically means a free win. Oh did I also mention keys and the remaining chests on the map? In reality you need to be guarding three objectives otherwise you practically give a free escape.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

The sole existance of this thread implies you are not even decent at survivor.

It takes less than four minutes to complete gens and escape. 4 minutes (even less if killer didn't get hook during first minute), get over yourself.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Are they though?

I see no evidence to support this.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

You don't really deserve the escape, your team lost. I hatch escape all the time without a key, or I camp the door.

Some times as killer I open the door if I know the survivor is not close by so they think I shut the hatch and go for the other door. Funny as

• ClickNinja

Why don't you READ the full thread? As a solo survivor at mid ranks I still have lots of matches where I'm the only one doing gens. The others just run around, getting downed and trying to unhook other players (while injured) in front of the killer.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

It's not the killers fault your team mates are bad. You have 50/50 chance to get the hatch, the person who does wins so it should be hard for people to escape after it closes. If the killer has the chance for 4k why shouldn't take it. If you decide to quit playing thats on you not the killer who play the game the way they're suppose to.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

Im a killer, I get 3Ks consistently because someone found the hatch before me.

However they earned it, no salt. Im not going to GIVE you the hatch tho.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

"Hatch escapes are impossible"

Bro i got 3 ######### key escapes today when playing killer, i couldnt do anything against it and i am terribly ass hurt because of it.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

So you agree it is highly possible to get the hatch?

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

Highly possible. Likely, even, given either a key or SWF.