You can't save them New Perk

Horus
Horus Member Posts: 850

If a survivor protection hits another survivor the survivor hit is automatically downed

Comments

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

If you're proposing a new a perk and that is its effect then that will never see the light of day. It's extremely rare for killers to get perks that produce exposed status. Noed is the only general perk that does it and the other is Devour Hope which is from the hag. Both are conditional as hell and hex perks.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited July 2019

Your perk idea is a bit unclear to me. Maybe a better explanation is in order?

Actually: there are more perks that give exposed status ... You already probably knew this butttt:

There otherways to activate it too ... but we are just talkin perks here.

I only rule out the above idea because I have no idea what its supposed to do? Stop body blocking? Counter "protection perks" like Borrowed Time? The descriptions is too vague.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

mmm I would consider it if Protection hits weren't inconsistent you can get one while not even trying to protect one or you can actually take a hit and still not get it.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

@Onionthing I think his goal is to one hit down the person trying to body block you to get to the survivor just unhooked. This kind of perk wouldn't be allowed though most likely.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

Yeah, no. There's a reason MoM isn't used any more. Protection hits are largely inconsistent and puts you in a vulnerable spot after getting the hit. This is especially bad if the blocking doesn't pay off (which most cases it doesn't). Additionally, "protection hits" cover a wide range of actions and would discourage people from helping their team (which many are already unwilling to put their neck out for the death hook guy, even if they've never been hook).

• screamdreamsx
    screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213

Just run Make Your Choice, if a survivor who unhooked someone tries to take a protection hit for them, which does happen often especially with SWF, Make Your Choice will have them down in one hit.

As already said, protection hits are inconsistent and to me they aren’t a big issue. There are perks that benefit from having multiple people injured, such as Thanatophobia, and if you had Nurses Calling you can easily re-locate them and perhaps the other survivors too. Could even run Franklin’s Demise to punish those who get in your way, or use Sloppy Butcher.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

If that is the case, I double down the no. I'm a killer main and body blocking is NOT really an issue. Besides, how would you program for somethings so situational? The coding for something like this would be a nightmare (and I'm not talking Freddy.) "Make your choice" is one of my favorite perks, it makes survivors very cautious about hooks. "No one escapes death" has the potential to wreck SWF (that is why there is so much b--ching about it.) Those who perks keeps body blocking down to a minimum. I dont think we need another perk for countering something that takes a lot of practice (not to mention, courage to do.) I just dont see body blocking as all that bad, i see it as suicidal lol.

Anyway thanks for the explanation Atrushan, it was really confusing for me.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

does it have a cooldown?

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

I think that this perk wouldn't even be used. How often would this have value in the average game. Even if it did pop off once smart survivors would never let it be used again. You are welcome to play with 3 perks if you want, I will support this perk