What scares you?

Options
Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576

What is something that scares you? is it clowns? paranormal things? ghosts? i very much can not stand pot dolls, freak me out and always have done, also i have a phobia of spiders.

Comments

• Mushwin
    Options
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Looking at the number of hours I played.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited July 2019
    Options

Extreme heights and by association going on planes, I think if I were to ever go skydiving I may have an actual heart failure...😱

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Heights, snakes,anything that flies at me and my worst fear big dogs. Whenever they bark at me and start coming close I start hyperventilating.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

My mind has a weird set of fear of doing something counterproductive, non productive, or one thing for too long, so I like to mix it up to keep sane, play games, listen to music while exercising, walking, etc. I'll get super excited for some things and get giddy, my mind is hyperactive and needy. I am.

• KhaineGB
    KhaineGB Member Posts: 10,623
    Options

Elevators.

I think it's because I got stuck in one while I was at work. It was one of the ones with the scissor doors you can see out of and they had all the lights on in the lift shaft to do maintenance.

Absolutely terrified of them ever since.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

I'm scared of Bees and Wasps. 😅

When i was a kid i got swarms following me in more than an occasion. Also I don't care what others and experts say, they can be really aggressive for no reason at all. 😤

• GrootDude
    Options
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

Ooooh boy, time to share my rather large list of irrational fears.

I'm afraid of heights, despite being at extremely tall building before, I'm still afraid of heights, I always feel like someone is gonna push me off the ledge for no reason. Another fear is wasps and bees, I'm always so scared that they're gonna sting me and I kinda just dont move hoping that they wont see me XD.

Oh, I'm also scared of bugs, some bugs dont scare me like caterpillars, butterflies, ladybugs ect. I'm talking about the creepy ones like this crap

Yeah, I find that and others terrifying like spiders, I'm horrified of spiders.

I also have this fear that like, whenever I go to bed, I'm scared that someone's gonna come out of my closet or from under my bed and literally just kill me. It sounds childish but like I'm legit kinda scared of that ever happening. Although that fear isn't as bad anymore cause I just think about putting that "killer" into dead by daylight, slamming pallets on his face, clicking my flashlight at him, t-bagging him, hitting him with D-strike and stuff, 360ing him and overall just "bullying" that killer XD. I dont actually condone toxic behavior like t-bagging and rage quitting but it's funny seeing it happen to one of your fears XD.

Anyway that was weird. But I also have a fear of being underwater, I can go swimming and stuff but I mean like going deep underwater with like oxygen tanks and diving gear, that scares me cause I tried it once and I felt like I couldn't breathe even tho I was breathing, it just felt awful and I never wanna go deep underwater ever again.

I also used to be afraid of clowns but that was a long time ago, I now only find them slightly unsettling

Anyways I think that's most of my fears but I may have forgotten one idk XD.

• GrootDude
    Options

I’m also scared of turtles and frogs(one jumped on my neck before). After watching IT when I was little-er I was terrified of clowns. I also fear needles.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Spiders with thin legs. I get uneasy just thinking about them.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

Being forgotten, unappreciative, and failing. :D

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712
    Options

I've always had a fear of heights. I remember one time in my electrical class in high school, everyone had to take turns climbing to the top of this really high scaffolding, and when I got up there, as is the case anytime I get really high up some place, I was quite literally frozen with fear, looking down. I managed to snap out of it as to not embarrass myself in front of the class, but man, the fear was real. You just get to appoint where you're so afraid, that you can barely move, because you're just simply too afraid to, thinking you might slip and fall.

Another fear I've always had is ghosts. I always get paranoid when I watch those ghost hunter type shows, especially at night ha ha. Like if I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, as I walk through the darkness, I almost feel like there's something, or someone, there. I know it's ridiculous, but that's how paranoid it can make me sometimes.

Another fear I have is sleep paralysis. I've had it numerous times in my life, and it's alays scary. If you've had it, you know why. Other fears I've had are an asteroid hitting Earth, killing us all, black holes in space sucking up the Earth, and nuclear war.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Only two things scare me and one of them is nuclear war.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Ok I need to clarify that what I'm about to write isn't meant to sound like I'm some badass or have no fear, on the contrary. Many things scare me but I often have little physical reaction. If you were to jump out of a bush at me at night aside from a few small twitches from muscles tightening I would have no audible or really physical reaction. I tend to process these types of situations on a logical scale and sort of analyse what is currently happening and what my next action should be.

I also enjoy facing things that I find frighting. For example I do not fear heights but I do have a fear of incredible pain. The idea of being on a roller coaster that somehow got derailed and I end up horribly mangled, yet live, frightened me so much as a child I rarely got on any rides. It was the disappointment I felt after we would leave a park (having been on very few rides) that got me to face my unreasonable fear and face the truly minuscule odds I would actually be right about my worries. I got a Tattoo because I wanted to experience the pain friends said they had. I even had my ear pierced (not for jewelry) but because if I knew how the pain felt then in some small way a part of my brain would be prepared should a similar injury occur in the future (prepared for what I don't know but this is my messed up logic).

I have a horrible fear of the unknown. For example if I was in a building with a dark room, it isn't the dark that frightens me but the fact that I don't know what is in there, for this reason I feel that horrible horror movie cliche of needing to go into the room.

I hope this somewhat makes sense as I am often terrible at explaining myself, but I find more self reassurance/satisfaction by facing things I find scary than being scared of them. Fear is more of a motivator than a detractant for me.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Funny enough the actual plane ride is the intense part of the skydiving experience. Because you have all this time to pull yourself mentally down while waiting for the plane to hit the right altitude. Once the door is opened (be it a tandem jump or solo) you sort of blank out at that point. During the free-fall the only real thought going through my head was "omg I can't breath the wind is too much" followed by I feel like we aren't even moving. It is incredible how long it feels like you are in the air as the ground seems to approach so damn slowly that you feel as if you are actually floating in place.

I do not have a fear of heights so I cannot actually claim to know what sort of experience you would have but I found it funny my first time with how angry I felt at how slow I was moving.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

When the last gen pops and the killer starts walking faster.

But to be serious I'm very scared of paranormal activity and heights.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

Definitely heights for me. Especially if I can feel the wind, I'll grab the nearest stationary thing and wont let go.

And then there are snakes. The teeth, the eyes, the slithering on the floor, I can't.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

Burglars. Not so much anymore tho. When I was younger burglar tried to break in while I was home alone. I had trouble sleeping for a while after that.

• Mushwin
    Options

I understand the burgler thing, sometimes when i am over tired i think i can hear noises down stairs or someone trying my door and scares me, also paranormal things freak me the hell out.

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218
    Options

Being wrongly accused and a life sentence without parole.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Spiders. Drowning. The crippling fear of social isolation, dying alone and forgotten without having made any impact on anyone in my life. The usual stuff.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

I dont like the dark....

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    Options

I fear no man.

but that thing...

cheap and lazy jump scares put into video games.

it scares me.

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324
    Options

@ClogWench thats pretty edgy but I can out edge you, because the only thing that scares me is myself

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Options

Being forgotten, needles, centipedes and millipedes, and wasps

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Financial insecurity. Failing at or otherwise not fully meeting my commitments. Giving my friends or family a reason to be upset with me. Normal adult stuff!

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

You.

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909
    Options

Mostly just any kinds of insects and related small creatures. I got startled by a butterfly once.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

Disapointing people.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    Options

I think I'm most scared of being alone. Whenever I'm alone I get paranoid about things, even if what I'm getting paranoid about is unrealistic. I try to rationalize it, but it doesn't always work.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Paranormal activity after a few "experiences" with it I can say it's one of the spoopiest things imo and don't really want to encounter anything like it again.

• MoonwalkMyers
    MoonwalkMyers Member Posts: 82
    Options

War

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

The feeling of falling. And spiders.

• BillyBoiMain
    BillyBoiMain Member Posts: 164
    Options

Knowing that eventually, a few years after I die, nobody will remember me. They will forget that I ever existed and I will simply be nothing.

• Mushwin
    Options

@Masantonio but what if we don't really exist to even be remembered? what if we are all in someone's dream and dead by daylight is eventually our reality?

• Mushwin
    Options

@Boosted_Dwight what if we are playing to then play in reality and we are some figment of the devs imagination or someone elses? what if we are just like the sims? o.O i use to ask myself back as a child why was i born and why was i made, maybe i am playdough and who the hell knows? lol

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Options

Scared of Heights.

I literally have issue going higher than the fourth floor if it's really obvious.(open to the air, or has a balcony of some kind.)

Glass elevators would probably end me.

The odd thing is I can climb a tree taller than four stories with less issue than climbing stairs the same height.

• Mushwin
    Options

2 other things that scare me:

1 when my kids are going to near a pond etc, liek feeding the ducks, i fear of them falling in or getting too close!

2 kids running around with lollipops in their mouth! i rarely let them have lollipops, even at the age they are now it's a fear of mine!

• GrootDude
    Options

I also have Trypophobia, it is the fear of holes. Luckily only holes on the skin bothers me.

• GarlicGang
    GarlicGang Member Posts: 10
    Options

my cat at 2 am

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757
    Options

Roaches, ugh i hate myself that i can't even smash it with my feet because it's the most filthy being i know which serves no purpose at all.

• CatLady
    CatLady Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2021
    Options

I used to be scared toilets when I was a kid - I'd flush and run away really fast. Maybe because of the Ghoulies movie lol

I'm not afraid of too much now, dogs are a little scary if you don't know them and wonder if they'll bite. Venomous snakes and spiders are on the list too because that would be startling to get bit and then be in a life-threatening situation.

I do get incredibly scared of ghosts and aliens after watching a scary movie - I'll sleep with the lights on if nobody is home and I'll be so afraid that something is behind me in the mirror while I'm washing my face that I'll freak out and open my eyes and get soap in them lol

Post edited by CatLady on