DS?

Options

So now nothing lessens the time on DS stun? I understand this is an attempt to lessen the tunneling killer. But even if you are not trying to go for them, they will put themselves in the way of you and another surivor.

Comments

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    Options

The devs previously said that they'd lower the stun time of DS back to its post-nerf time once Enduring was adjusted. Hopefully this issue will be corrected soon.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited July 2019
    Options

So slug them down and continue after the other survivor? You gained pressure for free if they are throwing themselves at you. That’s one on the ground, one has to go heal them, and you are chasing another. How is this a problem? Choosing to pick them up is on you.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,608
    Options

A Survivor on the ground is the same as a Survivor on the Hook, when it comes to Map Pressure.

Also, the 3 seconds (which it was before) was even without Enduring REALLY short. DS is fine now, even with 5 seconds Stun.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,566
    Options

I would make one change, simply to prevent dumb plays. When you hook another survivor, DS is no longer active. It is supposed to be anti-tunneling, but many survivors use it as a free unhook since they know I cannot pick them up. Obviously, slugging would be preferable but 60 seconds of immunity is painful, you shouldn't be rewarded for dumb plays like that.

• SirVicksTheSlayer
    SirVicksTheSlayer Member Posts: 101
    Options

i try to play fair as i can. slugging them kind of goes against what i like to achieve. yes, im one of those good killers who doesnt run noed and ruin on all killers and still does very well. but if thats the case, and the answer is to just leave em on the ground. i will. dont get me wrong, i will try to kill you. but i wont tunnel or camp. and no, i very rarely play survivor.

• nerfeverything
    nerfeverything Member Posts: 52
    Options

Still complaining about this perk huh? How tired.

• SirVicksTheSlayer
    SirVicksTheSlayer Member Posts: 101
    Options

im not complaining, im coming back from a couple of months because of a new job and schedule and didnt know all the changes. chill out.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636
    Options

This would be an incredibly fair and reasonable change. That's exactly why it won't happen.

Survivors hide behind the BS of 'it's meant to be anti-tunnelling' but they don't really mean it.

The thing with the stun-time of DS is that the devs could have changed it when they nerfed Enduring. They should have because of their previous statements which set a standard for what the stun-time for DS should be and how Enduring interacts with it. Once Enduring no longer interacted with it, the justification for the 5 second stun-time disappeared. It wasn't changed because whilst the devs claimed to be asserting one standard, they have in effect been upholding another.

They could change it this week, or could have last week; any time recently. We're only waiting because they thought they could get away with it and still might if people stop discussing it.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

As others have said if they deliberately put themselves infront of you, they want to use their DS. Just slug them.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

My only issue with DS is how long it lasts after the unhook. 40 seconds is a long time. There have been instances where I've gone after other survivors, and either downed them or been led into a merry chase, only to stumble upon the first survivor and get DS.