New players get a free dlc of their choice?

SirPiggy
SirPiggy Member Posts: 52

So, if new people come to the game, there's not alot of option and people will of course try killer to see how it is. what if, everyone gets a free dlc of their choice? For instance, if I want leatherface, a stand alone killer, I can use my free dlc choice on him, or if I choose, let's say freddy, I will unlock the nightmare dlc which includes freddy and Quentin. This way people can choose what killer and survivor they enjoy most, without grinding forever, and I highly doubt people will buy dlcs within the first day of playing.

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Freddy and LF are bad examples. No way they'd ever be allowed to give them away

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

I mean you can get the majority of characters by just playing so

• graveyard_7777
    graveyard_7777 Member Posts: 269

I would agree for the non-license characters like legion, the clown, etc

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

I think it is unfair for people who bought all DLC.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

I bought all but one. And if they gave out 1 for free for new players, they better give old players some Auric Cells to balance the load.

(I'd say give 1 Survivor or 1 killer for free [Non Licensed] So they could give out only 500 Cells per old player)

BUT, There's currently no way to review if they are old or new on all systems. Plus that could take up alot of server space. So here's what I propose:

-500 Auric Cells if you completed the Tutorial for both the Survivor and Killer.

^^^ This will benefit all players

And the tutorial will only has a limit of 1 Per player. So they can't abuse the tutorial.

(You can still play the tutorial multiple times but, will give you Cells only 1 time)

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362

They already have given free DLCs, just not ones of your choice.

• Casm
    Casm Member Posts: 61

There's no need to include free DLC with the game. Splinters already exist within the game that give people without the DLC the ability to play many of the killers they don't already own. Between the ones the game comes with and splinters found in the occasional bloodweb, new players have access to many ways to experience the game before deciding if they want to spend any more of their money.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Doubt they would ever do that

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Steam already has Saw and Halloween bundles that have the base game and those respective DLCs.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Just go and give away some money because reasons.

This is what you are asking devs to do. Entitled...

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

So let's assume you start up your company and it's small shop.

Would you agree to give away 7$ for free to every new customer you have?

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362

@theArashi Many shops actually do that. Not give away money of course, but they give away product in the form of a free sample. When theres already competition in the area, you want the locals to try YOUR stuff so theyll come back instead of just going for the tried and true. Why buy coffee at my shop instead of the starbucks close by? Try this sample and see for yourself that MY product is better.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

More seriously why the ######### would they give away stuff they had to pay to add to the game in the first place?

With the base game you already have the "meta" killer survivor are just skin and the vast majority of character are just farmable