List of things that need to be removed from the game (my opinion)

Groxiverde
Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
edited July 2019 in General Discussions
  • Moris
  • Instaheals
  • Keys
  • Prayer Beads
  • Iridescent Head
  • Carburettor Tuning Guide (op addon who gives tons of benefits and 0 downsides, it's not even very rare to obtain)
  • 3(+) blinks nurse
  • Haddonfield
  • Insidious (encourages camping)
  • Dying Light (encourages tunneling)
  • Object of Obsession (what is the point of playing a stealthy killer?)

Share your opinions below

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You can’t really just remove Haddonfunfield tbh.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited July 2019

Man, imagine a world where developers of games take "When is X going to be deleted from the game entirely" complaints seriously. Is there any multiplayer game that these dumb posts don't happen for?

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

Well, when I say "remove" i don't mean to literally DELETE them, with any changes/nerfs i would be completely satisfied lol

• Rydog

Nobody even uses most of the stuff you mentioned, like Insidious and Object of Obsession. If anything, the issue is that there are a bunch of perks with no appealing use case.

Red add-ons are what they are, and I'd say they need to be strong. I could see, say, swapping Prayer Bead rarity with another of Spirit's current red add-ons.

The risk of dealing with, say, an instant heal or BNP can already be mitigated in the lobby (Franklin's Demise, Tinkerer, etc. if you see certain items getting stacked). Killers have an advantage of being able to leverage these kinds of counterpicks, while survivors do not. I rarely see people pick up on this fact.

• Rydog
    edited July 2019

I'm pretty sure this should be taken to mean more killers who are consistently viable. Survivors wind up mindgaming me as Spirit a lot, doubling back when I'm phase walking etc. Where are all these perfect Spirit players you're encountering who never miss anything?

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

I agree with this entire list.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited July 2019

They should remove their current map designer and hire somebody that plays their own game.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Make the Cypress Mori base kit because why not?

What would you replace it with?

Repeat

Repeat-also git gud it really isn't a game breaking add-on, if you feel threteaned by a Killer then good you're supposed to feel oppressed. No it does not have counterplay but I don't think it's necessary since it has a cooldown and only 1 person can get grabbed.

No opinion

So what, if it was Very Rare would you still complain? Billy and Bubba have weaknesses, git gud and feel oppressed.

No opinion because I play on console

It still needs tweaks but it does not need to be removed, why would you suggest that?

It needs to be reworked

Repeat--valid criticism

It shouldn't be able to let Survivors see Stealth Killers

Dying Light---it kind of works like Thana. When the Obsession is Injured all Survivors receive a penalty, penalty increases when the Obsession is hooked, penalty reaches max when the Obsession is Killed. If the Obsession is unhooked/healed then the penalty is decreased.

Insidious--this could literally be anything lol

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122

@Rydog

"I'm pretty sure this should be taken to mean more killers who are consistently viable".

Hillbilly is arguably the second strongest killer in the game but still has some counter play. The hag which has the highest kill rate in red ranks is viable but still does not make you feel helpless in a chase. The spirit though is a completely different story. 

"Survivors wind up mindgaming me as Spirit a lot, doubling back when I'm phase walking etc."

I think your personal experience with the spirit should not be taken as a basis to asses her strength/potential in a chase. It is like saying I can't 4k when playing omega blink nurse, so she must be fine the way she is. 

The problem with the spirit is that the chase turn into coin flipping, but the odds are heavily in the favour of the spirit. Even the shack pallet is no longer the god pallet when going against the spirit.

"Where are all these perfect Spirit players you're encountering who never miss anything?"

I never said that. To tell you the truth, I run into more bad to mediocre spirits than very good spirits. She has a very high skill gap but still this does not change the fact that she has no reliable counter play.

• Rydog

I apologize, I know that citing anecdotal evidence is a pretty awful thing to do. My experience is, obviously, not representative of the whole.

Big-picture, I think it's probably for the best that the odds ARE heavily in favor of the killer in specific, individual circumstances like chases, because the larger game -- i.e. power gens and escape -- is a ticking clock that heavily favors the survivors as a group.

• ForsakenM
    ForsakenM Member Posts: 47
    edited July 2019

Top-tier Killer players will tell you Billy gets looped too hard and good Survivors will not travel in a straight line to be insta-downed. Nurse and Spirit are the best Killers because of map pressure and movement while being able to avoid being heavily looped.

However, to avoid being heavily looped and be good with the Killer to get to the point where you are complaining about them, that person has to dump a lot of time into getting there. Same can't be said for other Killers who are easily outplayed by Suvivors despite having the same amount of time put into them.

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122

@Rydog

First of all, I will admit that you surprised me. I rarely see someone reasonable here in the forum. 

I agree that killers should always have the upper hand in a 1 vs 1 situation (such as during a chase). But the survivor should never feel helpless and that there is little to nothing that he can do (which is the case when going against a good spirit or nurse). Personally speaking, the only fun part about playing survivor is the interaction with the killer. Therefore, a killer that makes me feel helpless removes all the fun from the game.

@Forsaken

Yeah, a lot of people consider the spirit stronger than hillbilly; This is why I said "arguably". I think hillbilly has much greater map pressure and snowballing potential which makes him overall a better killer. In addition, it is very difficult to loop a skilled hillbilly who can drift/curve around loops (especially with double engravings or insta chainsaw addons). This is just my personal opinion.

• Rydog

@Zertix All good! I do usually try to be decent, even in the relative anonymity of an Internet forum. We're still people here, after all.

As a Spirit main, I feel like a lot of the character's success hinges on good game sense, to a greater degree than most other killers. Not being able to see survivors is a big handicap, and the ability to quickly course-correct based on audio cues and scratch marks is a major player skill (as this game goes), and should be rewarded. Spirit does have to capitalize on a lot of "best guess" scenarios during her haunt, and if she guesses wrong, she loses a lot of ground due to her slow run speed.

This time I will acknowledge upfront that this is anecdotal, but I have been in a lot of scenarios where survivors double back or otherwise try to muddle their scratch marks and confuse me, which I have felt is pretty effective counterplay. I've also been in scenarios where I will tactically stand still to try to trick and catch someone. Sometimes it works, but when it doesn't, I squarely lose the chase. It's a calculated risk on the killer's part.

It could be that Spirit takes a lot of killer-specific knowledge and behavior to counter (a la old Freddy, which is essentially why he was remade), but from the killer perspective, she has downsides, even if the survivor feels helpless in the moment.

tl;dr would maybe be something like: Survivors might feel a bit helpless, and that their fate vs. Spirit in a chase boils down to the killer making mistakes. But this is the gamewide sentiment that killers have to play around constantly (relying on survivors making mistakes).

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

Well, if we removed Keys, there wouldn't be any Prayer Beads. Because Prayer Beads is a Key Add-On.

UNLESS YOU ARE MEANING THAT SPIRIT ADD-ON, AND ABBREVIATING IT TO AN ADD-ON ALREADY IN THE GAME!!
  • The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

Sounds to me like you want to delete the entire game.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited July 2019

I dunno about removing a lot of these things, but I do think things need to be changed. Ebony Moris pretty much guarantee a depip for example, and they're a lot less rare than you'd think. Using that as an example, I'd say that your pips should depend on how well you did taking that into account.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

More than half of the stuff listed are important parts of the game. In DBD, you just have to deal with the randomness: sometimes the deck is stacked against you. Instead of demanding removal of everything you don't like, just learn to appreciate a challenge.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Moris yeah right. You do know a KILLER is supposed to KILL?

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

This argument makes 0 sense.

Just cause it needs to kill doesn't mean that this objective should be super easy because of an offering.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited July 2019

@DBD_Pinhead @Andreyu44 moris are cheap. Winning with a mori is not really winning, unless you hold it for after their second hook stage. Likewise, losing against a killer with mori can still be a win. Not talking about pips here, but actual performance. On the other hand, some moris are pure beauty. Just review your definition of "win" and "loss", and you'll see they are not a big deal.

• DBD_Pinhead

This argument makes no sense. Doing gens is super easy. So should killing survivors. You have to find and catch survivors often armed with second chance builds, insta heals, keys, and BNP toolboxes.

• DBD_Pinhead

The only thing cheap about moris is pressing a button. Winning with a mori is winning if you don't count pips. As a killer, your goal is to eradicate survivors. It's a perfect counter especially on sub par killers.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Ebony Moris should be harder to achieve.

Instas should be harder to achieve.

Keys should be changed, likely nerfed to only open the hatch AFTER it has been closed.

Prayer beads should either be Pink rarity or reduce her phasing sound to 8 meters.

Iridescent Head can be annoying, but only if the Huntress hits her shots.

These seems to be one half of the Insta-saw Billy setup, and that ain't changin soon like speedy Spirit or full duration Legion. But to bring a suggestion, just don't let the addons stack.

Nurse addons are odd in that they are busted as hell but ruin the muscle memory she needs. They honestly do need changing to keep a consistant playstyle.

Map Reworks are on the way.

I'd prefer adding a survivor perk that discourages camping. Counterplay. (Plus when was the last time you saw someone run Insidious on a non-meme build.

While I agree that Dying Light encourages tunneling, that's the way of the beast. Plus there are so many anti-tunnel perks that using Dying Light without a huge game plan isn't smart.

Object is completely based on the survivor. Both his skills and communication with his team (if any for both) depend if Object is used right. They may see you, but you see them. Now of we're going to talk about how the Object user can tell his team where the killer is, then that's a discussion on how this game was built for strict solo play but encourages and rewards group play. (As a competetive team game should, but DbD wasnt built for that, so it puts wrenches into a lot of bike spokes).

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Surviving in a swf group is easy indeed.

Surviving while playing solo,on the other hand,is still difficult.

And BNP is not worth it anyway.