Self-care:Discussion.

Options
GrootDude
GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

We all know self-care, #1 used survivor perk. Do you think it is good or bad? Imo this perk is bad on its own but paired with botany knowledge it is one of the best perks.

Comments

• GrootDude
    Options

@LordGlint true but what if I wanna do flashlight saves/gen rush with a toolbox? I don’t bring items often tbh.

• GrootDude
    Options

@LordGlint plus I got lobbydodged eight times in a row for having a med-kit.😂

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

It's good if you want to deny points to other survivors who only want to farm you.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

Its good for noobs.

Good players don't need it,but like you said, with Botany Knowledge is a pretty good combo.

This perk should be removed from the game tho,I hate when my teammates waste 9000 years self caring with sloppy butcher against a Legion.

• Raidoku
    Raidoku Member Posts: 69
    Options

self care is trash at high ranks because it takes too long to heal when you can bring a basic med kit with an instant heal I barely get caught by killer using sprint burst lets me get away from killer before they find me.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,024
    Options

Been using pretty basic medkits for the past like 2 weeks with no problem. Typically, I just make sure it has a lil over 2 heals worth of charges. I also bring Bond, so the medkit is just there in the event that I dont have a teammate nearby. As far as flashlight saves...Thats fair I suppose. I suck at em, so a flashlight in my hands is pretty useless. For the toolbox part, using a medkit and using a toolbox BOTH saves you time. The difference being...I can still repair a gen without a toolbox.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495
    Options

I rather heal myself with adrenaline.

• GrootDude
    Options

@Andreyu44 I don’t get the people who heal against legion, he is just gonna FF stab you.

• ShyDragon
    ShyDragon Member Posts: 19
    Options

Its one of the best perk in the game. It can be use on high ranks too, but good players know when to SC himself and when to go unhook others or when to go to finish generator instead of using SC.

But if I had medkit, I would take something else.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited July 2019
    Options

Self care is good playing solo but not with SWF. It's not needed but it's more reliable when you have Survivors that save you with we'll make it and run away when the killer isn't even close.

It actually saves more time than running around finding someone else to heal you. Unless you are right next to someone finding them takes both of you off a gen and equates to more lost of gen time over all its about time management.

The same can be said for exhaustion perks and why I never run one as its a waste in a chase if the killer is competent. No perks are needed, good or bad, it's just what someone wishes to use.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,024
    Options

@GrootDude It can still be a good idea to avoid being 1 shot with an m1. At least if he FF you, hes giving you a speed boost and has to deal with a stun afterwards. Had a game yesterday where I went against a legion. Myself and 2 teammates were on the last gen, almost finished... Both teammates were injured, and the legion came up and tried to M1 one of them RIGHT before the gen finished. Lucky for me, my teammates had balls of steel and stayed on the gen, while I was able to jump infront of the blade to body block it.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

It's pretty bad. There are better options.

• GrootDude
    Options

@LordGlint I guess that is true, I usually get to loop their FF out of them because legions are scared of pallets.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Pffftttt. Screw that. Iron Will + Adren + toolbox is way stronger.

Self Care is a waste of a slot. The only reason I would use it is if I'm playing solo and don't want to bring an item every game, and even then I still will avoid using it unless I really have to.

Bond is better, flat out. Let's you find someone to heal (which they do faster than SC + BK), and it has plenty of other uses outside of that.

Point is, good survivors don't use Self Care.

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77
    edited July 2019
    Options

I’m a good survivor and I use Self Care usually, I’m not going to waste time trying to get a random player to heal me. That takes more time than just healing myself.

And I’d rather bring a toolbox or Flashlight than a medkit most matches.

If I’m SWF then I can forgo SC.

• GrootDude
    Options

@thesuicidefox you can’t really label some as good or bad based on what perks they run.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530
    Options

I use to run it in every build but since the healing nerf happen I stick with adrenaline SC its just a waste of a perk slot imp

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2019
    Options

Yea you can. A good survivor doesn't need Deja Vu to find gens. They don't need Small Game to find totems. Good survivors know where everything is and know what to do against everything. The perks they use will be ones with actual tangible results, such as DS or BT. Thus, a good survivor wouldn't use Self Care because they would be able to either play most of the game injured or they know how to track other survivors to get healed. They wouldn't waste a perk slot on something they can get done by other means.

• GrootDude
    Options

I like it and botany for solo but when I swf I’ll swap both of them for BT and adrenaline.

• GrootDude
    Options

But a good survivor can last even longer in chase if they have two health states and a good survivor knows when and when not to self-care.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

It's preference. Some people prefer getting other survivors to heal them, other's prefer to do it themselves. Both are fair.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

It saves a lot of time. Any time you would have spent looking for someone to heal you is saved if you have SC, and you only need yourself to heal yourself. While it is 50% of the normal healing speed, you normally need 2 people to heal you, so you don't really lose any efficiency by healing yourself. The only downside is that you have a higher chance of getting interrupted mid-heal since the heal is stretched out across a longer period of time.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407
    Options

It was good until the healing mechanics got nerfed. It was a high risk-high reward perk. You wasted 24 seconds to heal yourself. As high ranked killer it's pretty good when people selfcare because it gives you so much time. On the other side you can heal yourself thats cool and investing 24 seconds for one health state was much but okay.

No it takes 32 seconds and to be honest? Sry man i put it out after years. And I will never put it back again except they do sth like in the ptb where you were able to heal yourself and others at 75% of the default healing speed.

Sry but running a perk which wastes 32 seconds which gives you nothing than a health state is ridiculous. It gives you no emblems, it wont open the gates and if you imagine that if everybody just selfcare ones a game the team gave up 2 generators and generators = escape + emblems

It's so bad. People donmt realize that selfcaring kills many teams. Because the most (solo) teams are not that good. And everytime someone is selfcaring instead of doing a gen or sth while someone is being chased by the killer it kills the team. Because you did nothing during the chase. Selfhealing gives you NOTHING than a 32 secs long health state and tbh the first hit is mostly easy to land because in some way you dont give a #########.

I dont know how to explain but Selfcare is sooo inefficient. I dont have anything against healing. 16 seconds are okay (depends on the situation and the killer) and healing others gives you so much emblems. Dont get me wrong.

But selfcare is the most favorite rank 1 killer perk. It makes so many things so much easier. it's bonus time.

So yea

this perk sucks and everyone who runs and use it (unwisely) IS the problem in the team.

I prefer perks like Dead Hard - much stronger than MoM or the original DS. Bond which helps solo survivors so much with positioning and it helps to play way more efficient. Borrowed Time which gives your teammate a whole health state. Which is also very game changing. Adrenaline, maybe Head on and so on.

So yea

it's not even A tier anymore

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

I like the perk as killers because it makes survivors waste time healing instead of working on gens but hate it as survivor because I know my teammates are doing jack ######### genwise.

• MySpaceBarsBroken
    MySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167
    Options

Low skill survivors use it to gain an independent way of creating some security for themselves. People usually heal before coming back in to do gens or help.

At higher level play, it's great for solo queuing since you cant rely on your boosted teamates.

But all in all it's actually quite bad. It promotes bad play similar to the way sprint burst is terrible because it promotes survivors to walk everywhere and make bad plays because of trying to preserve sprint burst.

Running self care make you spend 30 seconds healing which couldve been 30 seconds on the gen. A killer can only go after 1 player at a time. In a 2 gen left situation, if you ran adrenaline instead of self care, you would be much more inclined to do the gen, getting the free heal off of adrenaline rather than waste time healing, just to get the auto heal anyway.

Is one health state worth the 30 seconds minimum or takes to run to the corner and heal, in your capable hands?? If you cant make a chase last at least 30 seconds before getting injured, then why bother healing yourself? You're just hindering your team by not maximizing your time and efforts.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

It's still a good perk.

Many of the people who trash it follow the logic of something "All the god-tier players don't need it, so if I don't use it, that means I'm good" If you're good at the game (i.e. you CAN translate the time in healing into extended time in a chase), Self-Care is a fine choice of a perk.

And one of my biggest peeves in the game nowadays are all the people running up to me while I'm on a gen and begging me to heal them because they think they're too pro to run Self-Care but, whaddayaknow, they still want to be healed. And so we have to have TWO people not doing the objective.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

It is a waste of time for people especially against sloppy butcher.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

If you're good at looping, heal yourself. Its very efficient to take 2 hits, if the survivors are working gens and can loop, so at high ranks.

I like it, its still the most time efficient way of healing, so it never hurts. And with botany knowledge, you can catch up some momentum when the killers snowballs.

Replacable, sure. But a big QoL perk for solo survivors.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hag_Main_Big_Brain
    Hag_Main_Big_Brain Member Posts: 81
    Options

Self Care used to be a god-tier perk, and while it's still good, it's really only high tier now though.

I'll bring self care If I want to bring a green/purple medkit along with the best charge addons, or If I trying to level up a new character and don't really have any medkits available. However other than that, I don't really use it anymore.

Imo opinion, it got nerfed the worst when healing times got increased. Also survivors are now starting to realize it's better to just rush through gens, or find a teammate to heal them now.

• Hag_Main_Big_Brain
    Options

Self Care used to be a god-tier perk, and while it's still good, it's really only high tier now though.

I'll bring self care If I want to bring a green/purple medkit along with the best charge addons, or If I trying to level up a new character and don't really have any medkits available. However other than that, I don't really use it anymore.

Imo opinion, it got nerfed the worst when healing times got increased. Also survivors are now starting to realize it's better to just rush through gens, or find a teamate to heal the

• Hag_Main_Big_Brain
    Options

Imo opinion, it got nerfed the worst when healing times got increased. Also survivors are now starting to realize it's better to just rush through gens, or find a teamate to heal the

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

I used to use Self-Care, but then RNG happened and it never let me upgrade it to its ultimate form, and I noticed a rise to Sloppy Butcher and Thanatopia. Most of my teammates are also willing to heal me quickly, so I stopped using it and now run We'll Make It, Empathy, Botany Knowledge, and Spine Chill on my Claudette.