#FixLegion

Options

Most commonly proposed changes as far as i can conclude:

Speed buff to Feral Frenzy. It is too easy to run away from Legion. Can't go further into this; you only have to run in a straight line as a Survivor.

Vault speed buff. He is loopable in Feral Frenzy.

Miss penalty more forgiving. It is up to the player's skill to miss, however, lag and autoaim are uncontrollable. Notice 'more forgiving'. I know the lunge exploit exists, so have it a limit or a partial drain on power gauge.

Deep wound rework. It is not a time waster if they can work on gens as normal till they have to mend. It is not threatening but instead an annoyance. I can't think of any fun for both sides suggestions, so a rework might be necessary.

After all, it's the devs choice here, but Legion does need a buff.

Comments

• undeadmauler
    undeadmauler Member Posts: 78
    Options

They said they arnt going to touch legion for a while. I'm sad as a legion main. I just hope something happens even a small buff to anything would be better than nothing as it is now.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

People that are responsible for a rework like this, are usually not the people that also play the character/class/whatever they have changed.

So... Even when I believe that they 1 day will wake up and see that they have to do something, so I don't believe that we will ever meet a person that have work on the changes for the Legion and also has play the Legion before and is still playing the Legion, especially as main character.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

We've been vocal and read many times. Even a simple "No." would be enough at this point.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    Options

thats a bait

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

Legion is just like that slightly aggressive friend we all have. Not really dangerous, just annoying when s/he gets worked up.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@Jonathanskilz It's not. That's disrespectful. It's not a low quality post either.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316
    Options

I hated old legion but this new one is the worst. Dailies are a joke, i just scrap them. They made him worse than Old freddy.

I don't know what they need to do to him but I think they should just give him a new power.

• Tenshi0108
    Tenshi0108 Member Posts: 13
    Options

Nah he fine just the way he is.

Every killer need to be loopable for a chance to the survivor to escape.

Legion was horrendous but hey you decide for me i dont care i dont main legion,

My are nurse,plague and spirit

• Talmeer
    Options

Don't worry, as it looks nurse, plague and spirit will also get their "reworks" and if you think they can't make plague more bad as she is today... Well then you just need to look what they have make out of the Legion and you should realize... Yes they can! nods

Guess after that rework plague vomits on herself or something like that, since someone in the bhvr hq seems to thing that drawbacks are a "fun element" for killer players :|.

At least someone must have this think, because obviously killer players spent the most time with their killers and have to "suffer" most through any change that happens to their characters.

The default Legion was fine. The Legion with certain addons was op and had also the ability to exploit. If they would give me the task to nerf the Legion, I would have look at the freaking addons.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

Is the lunge exploit the one where you can lunge just before the power gauge is depleted ?

Because without this "exploit" Legion is trash tier tbh.

• Talmeer
    Options

Edit: thing-think by the fun element sentence.

Sorry I don't like to edit my postings on this forum how I would usually do it in other forums, because then my posting lands maybe in a "approval status" for some hours.

Something I still don't understand. I understand forums where new postings need to approved, but edited posting... Every "damage" a forum user could possible do is already made in the moment he can unapproved post its posting, man :|.

Just weird for me and I have lead forums by my self in the past -_-.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2019
    Options

@Andreyu44 No, its the one where you lunge and lunge because lunging makes you faster. Yeah, this is necessary for THIS legion to chain hits, because he just too slow.

• Jonathanskilz
    edited July 2019
    Options

@OKUL_COCUGU he was changed for the health of the game and he is going to stay like he is. Also there is proven stats by the devs that the killer aka how many kills he got more kills on new legion then the old legion.

• Talmeer
    Options

For the health of the game can't be a true value because its a argument we can see from different angles.

As example, it can't be from a other angle healthy for the game, when survivors complaining that the Legion is no challenge anymore. It can't be healthy to the game, that people have stop playing the game after the patch (like me) and it can't be healthy to the game, that potential new customers don't buy the game, or the Legion dlc, because they read, or hear about the difference between as what the Legion is advertised and what she is today (like my friends).

Besides, -I don't care if I kill every survivor, or non in a match at the first place, but for what I care is having fun in a chase and I don't have fun in a chase when I see a Ace Visconti running away for me, while I as a young adult in a frenzy state and I also have no fun, when I get stunned for a freaking miss hit, no matter if that missing hit was on purpose (to be a more stabby stabby like in the movies), or not.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Options

# makelegionakiller #fixlegion

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options

Are we talking about Legion or Ghostface?

If anything, being looked at by the survivor, especially one he's in chase with, should BOOST his power. You know, FERAL FRENZY?

• Jonathanskilz
    Options

@Nobu I did cinda think that aswell on what you said. The bad players moved away from legion and good ones started just dident wanna say that to be rude to other who used to play him xd.

I think he is fine as he is right now i see Devs playing him on their life stream and they are really enjoying him pesonally i think he is more fun to play against and vs against because he actuelly has as counter now.

• Talmeer
    Options

The default Legion had already before counter. But I will not write a tutorial again for that, nor link to tutorial videos. If someone really wanna know this, google, or use the youtube search, or even the searchengine in this forums is your friend.

I have make 1 time the error, to waste 30min+ for a survivor, to write him a tutorial and to search for another one a tutorial video, just to get the sentence back like this: "I have only read the first sentence for now and I will not read more, because I don't wanna do this."

Imagine you are in a wow progress guild and you are staying for a boss and a new guild member says: "I don't wanna read tutorials about this new boss".

The reaction of my guildleaders was always to show them the door if they not ->immediately<- start reading the freaking tutorial, or view a tutorial videos and it was good so, because the people that write tutorials take their time to help someone. If someone just denies the work of someone other, on this way is sort of offensive imo. Fire with fire, end of story.

What me matters, -> I don't know if I was good or bad. I have not even ask me that myself, because my aim was to have fun in a match. I was the sort of "killer" that grabs someone up and walks with him to a hook, just too move then further to the gates.

I have most times no one kill, on purpose. Of course sometimes I had someone killed, either because I wanted to, or by "accident".*

*Accident as example if it was a 2v1 and I had hook one survivor up, because I thought that the other survivor would safe this hooked survivor then, but the free survivor refuses then to do it.

I believe the highes rank I ever was, was rank 4-6 if I remember correctly, but I had most time hang around at rank 15 because it turns out... Letting survivors survive on purpose is pretty bad for your ranking :).

I don't if that makes me to a good killer, or a bad one. Personal I had never thought of this much and I honestly don't care since the matchmaking even on rank 15 let you play against red ranks. Imo the ranks doesn't matter as long as it is like it is now (that is not a rant, having a red one in a match is fun, because of a challenge).

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited July 2019
    Options

I’ve never liked playing as or against Legion and here is why: The mending mechanic.

Facing him as a survivor and having to mend every time he hits you while in Frenzy is probably one of the least fun aspects about this character. It feels like a chore rather than “I am in danger so I better mend soon.”

At this point I would even take “go search for a special medkit in order to not go into dying state” just something different.

I never cared for his aesthetic but if the gameplay was actually made fun I would probably dig it more.

Post edited by Johnny_XMan on
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

I see Legion as a blank canvas right now. He's a M1 killer with a power which lets him get around.

I say experiment with legion maybe even making the power where he can imitate another survivor to gain ground on them.

Legion is like a perfect opportunity to add that niche power which doesn't work all the time as an alternative to the base M1, running around killer he is now.

Give him the ability to manipulate survivors.

• Jonathanskilz
    edited July 2019
    Options

I dont think there was any counter to old legion yeah sure you can drop pallet on him but if you are still in frealzy the timer went still down and the legion could just look away and eventually you go down or just keep m1 even if he missed... I dont personally watch any tutorials cause i found it really booring i never did the dbd turorial untill after like 1kh into the game cause i found out dbd mobile tutorial had a rewrd xd but i appriciate people doing tutorial incase. I always liked when the killer was meeming around a bit and when they gave you hatch and stuff like that it was very nice of killers who do that :P going to rank 1-4 is something i never really like to do cause you just go against the same people over and over agian @Talmeer btw tag the name to the person cause otherwise they dont see a respong :P

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

I main Legion, his/her powers are a joke. Feral Frenzy can barely hit survivors or reach survivors on time, it takes too long to activate a power that is practically useless. A 4 second stun consequence makes me not want to use the power. Vaulting feels so slow, missing an attack is the worst idea the devs came up with. I also miss seeing blood in feral frenzy, the power is so useless. I am glad the exploits and broken things have been fixed, but right now, he/she is just a very bad M1 killer. Make it so that if you are able to successfully hit all remaining survivors, you can now down the mend timer like back then. Rewards good play and gives more pressure. Make the duration longer, and take out the normal attacks decrease the power gauge! #RIPLegion

• Talmeer
    Options

Uh, is that so? I thought, to quote someone would already enough for this... @Jonathanskilz :P :D.

But you never learn out...

There was more counterplay but on the other hand, what makes it sense now, as long as the old Legion not comes back? The counterplay before was just something for people that have exactly know what they are doing. It was for sure nothing for someone who just liked to have a quite and more chilling, maybe more forgiving match.

And there is nothing wrong on it, but imo a good game should be able to satisfy both type of players.

I still hope that they undone the patch, or parts of it, so that I can have fun again with the Legion and also survivors who had like to play matches with that... little "extra pressure" :).

Sounds almost like advertising from the Fallout companies:D. Still I mean it so...