The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How do you use Whispers ?

Nibla02
Nibla02 Member Posts: 163

I like the concept but like how does it work ? You don't know where the survivors are you just know that they are inside of that location. It dosn't say if they are left or right and the perk is almost always active.

Comments

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56

I find it a handy perk. On a large map you can at least know there is a survivor somewhere near. If it is silent you are in the wrong place :). That is a lll i can say about that.

I like whispers on hillbilly.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited July 2019

Its most important uses: at the start, you'll find your first target much faster; sometimes you check on a gen early game, it's off, but whispers may tell you someone's there, they're just playing smart so they have not started working on it immediately.

Second use: helps greatly with 4K: when only one survivor is left, even if you close the hatch, survivors have an easy time with exit gates on most maps: just hide near one gate, wait for killer to check on it, and start opening when he leaves. Slow killers have nothing to counter this. But Whispers changes everything: as long as it's active, you know they're there. You either find them and sacrifice them, or EGC does the job for you.

And then there are midgame uses, mostly works against very immersed survivors, but for the most part, you are chasing someone anyway, so it's not as important as the other two.

There are other good perks, but Whispers is great on strong killers (Nurse), because survivors tend to stealth a little more against them, and on stealth killers too, because once it's active you can go around and surprise them from an angle they don't expect. I ALWAYS use Whispers on Nurse, Wraith, Pig, Michael, Ghostface, and it works wonders.

EDIT: as for direction, it's not like you have to search an entire circle of 32 m radius. Keep an eye out for when the icon lights up, the survivor will be most likely in the cone ahead of you, which helps narrowing it down.

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909

The best way to use Whispers is to use it to triangulate where survivors are. Pay attention to where it turns on - what direction were you heading? Does it turn off quickly? If it stays on, you're generally heading in the right direction.

On that note, the main point I make about Whispers is that it's most useful NOT when it's active, but when it's telling you there's NO survivors nearby. It helps you not waste time checking the area, or generators that nobody is working on. Too many people get it in their head that when Whispers is on, they have to check every corner. However, the radius is very large and they could be in a completely different direction. Think of it primarily as an extended patrol radius.

The second most useful part is what I mentioned earlier - moving between the areas where Whispers switches off and on. This tells you the general direction that survivors are in. If you're moving a direction and it turns off - turn around and go the other way.

It takes a lot of practice to learn the exact distance (32m) and how far that is. I used generators and got a feel for how far those are when Whispers turns on with survivors working on them. But once you learn how to use Whispers, it's a very strong perk that can substitute for others - like Deerstalker - and improves your map pressure significantly.

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56

That is how i use it but you put it in much better detail.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Application of Geometry.

That is how you use Whispers.

:3

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,314

You can narrow that 32 meter area down alot by noticing exactly when it turns on. if your walking forward and it pops on, theres a survivor in the area in front of you. If you then pause at the very edge and straif left and right, itll further narrow down the area. If the light stays on when you go right but off when you go left, theres someone to the right side. With this in mind, you can narrow down the 32m circle to 1/4 the area.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

It completely counters the EGC exit gate bait. Cuz you just have to look at whispers and the Survivor won't get away. Whispers is kind of a "making sure you'll get your 4k for 100 %)