The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can ya'll like... stop putting totems right next to gens and In open areas?

SirPiggy
SirPiggy Member Posts: 52
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

It's very sad to see my hex ruin spawn right next to a objective, and even worse, in the open that is so visible you might aswell tell survivors where it is. Can we please hide totems in sneaky areas? Like maybe basement, so it makes people take a risky chance of getting caught, or around a bush? putting them near a generator, you know, the main objective is too obvious. I thought the point of totems was to make survivors look for them, to waste their time, but how totems are now, there is really zero reason to have hex ruin, it's just a waste of a good perk, it's sad that without it, you get gen rushed the hell out of you, and with it, it gets found within 30 seconds... pls buff totem spots to locations that make survivors search for them, or even better, slow down gens :)

Post edited by SirPiggy on

Comments

• betelgeuseyes
    betelgeuseyes Member Posts: 268

Equip other hex perks with ruin. Like haunted ground. That'll teach em

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Yee the more limitations you put on spawning the easier they are too find.

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2019

It took me over a year just to get the cleanse 10 hex totems achievement on ps4 after hundreds of hours . I would not say they are Easy to find!

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

Sorry, what was that? I can't hear you over the fire from the Hex totem I spawned next to.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,314

This is my totem spawns 4 games out of 5. That 5th game though...I spawn in, see the totem location and just KNOW...no one is finding that puppy.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

Just introduce a mechanic that will let the killer position the totem in allowable areas (same as setting traps).

Easy fix.

I understand why it works the way it does but some spawn areas are pretty laughable. Like they might as well have a spotlight shinning down on them.

So either allow killers to set their own totem OR revise every possible spawn location and idk out a bush or something next to it.

• YamiTheFurry
    YamiTheFurry Member Posts: 229

@Peanits

So what about the gen rushing he brought up? Since you guys just can't do anything to fix totems and ruin is gone in seconds and the killers that aren't able to go around the map at mock 10 get gen rushed. Any plans to help counter act this like maybe a secondary objective or are you just going to keep ignoring gen rushing and not even replying to this comment. I think I already know my answer after 3 years :)

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

The person who chose that location for totems legit belongs on a rusty bloody meathook.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

But the bones are too hard to find all 5 on!

With four survivors.....

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391

It's rough. Haunted Ground is the only hex perk I use. Totems aren't thought out very well.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,142

Wondering if they ever consider having a totem spawned in the basement

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Which is exactly why totem spawning isn't the right solution for the weaknesses of hex perks.

Hex: Haunted Ground was implemented to help fix this problem, but it is a lazy solution. The core of totems need to be addressed instead of requiring a perk to solve it.

The killer loses an entire perk when the totem is cleansed. A core mechanic of totems should require a similar sacrifice of the survivors to cleanse.

High Risk High Reward... for both sides.

Bandaid Perks will only cause more problems and make core issues more difficult to handle the longer the devs choose not to take care of them.

At the rate we're getting new killers and new perks for both sides, the game takes longer and longer to fix when every perk and power needs to be looked at.

It's a hole in a sinking ship and they're piling things up to plug the hole without actually fixing the hole.

• NullSp3c
    NullSp3c Member Posts: 765
    edited July 2019

"The game already checks for line of sight within a certain range of where you spawn to make sure you don't spawn immediately next to a totem."

Today I played a game with spirit in the Mother's Dwelling map that the totem spawned right next to the survivor spawn.

I started running to it even with my power right when I spawned.

I literally said to my friends in discord(that weren't playing the match btw) this:

I won't be able to reach the totem before it breaks, even using my power and everything. Guess what? When I was +/- 24 meters from the survivor that was cleansing the totem, I saw it break in the distance.

I got sad :/

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

There should never be a situation where any hex is destroyed with in the first minute of the game. Considering the hex is gone for the rest of the game you basically could have gotten equal use out of taking no perk. The issue with ruin and why people complain so much is because it is so CORE to being able to with at higher rank with any other killer besides hag, billy, spirit, and nurse. And even then with a few of those killers you gotta sweat bullets to win without it. A perk that has the possibility of being up for 30 seconds makes the difference between losing or winning the game.

Thats why no matter what you do with totems, it won’t fix gen times. And no matter how much we complain about gen times they won’t get fixed because it won’t make BHVR more money by doing it.

Change. My. Mind.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Peanits I still spawn by Hex totems directly in my FOV.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited July 2019

I would settle with a better hidden spots (near gens or not), sometimes the hex totem is so visible that only need a big neon sign with an arrow pointing it and saying "here is the hex totem" for being easier to find.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,520

If you just happen to get in trouble like you always done before, I want you to come right here and hide in the brush.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,314

Crazy thought... You know how the reworked Freddy lets you place fake pallets on the fly and shows you possible pallet locations? What if we could do that with totem locations? You wouldnt gain the benifit of the totem until it was placed, but it would be VERY similar to Freddy's fake pallets, in that it shows you the possible spots and you dont have to be ontop of the spot to place it down.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Despite the correct "double-edged sword" term being pretty accurate in terms of hiding spots, in sight when spawning, on Generators or just in open fields is an absolute no no.

And can the loud burning noise also piss off?

No candle of that size does that.