Should survivors just stop playing

Tensor
Tensor Member Posts: 254

Should survivors just stop playing? All we see on the forums in whinging and complaining about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that a survivor has. Now that Mettle and DS have been nerfed, their onto Adrenaline! What next? Remove self care? Urban Evasion is a cheat for getting away?

Where does it end? 4 kills before a gen is done every match before your happy? Then ya'll whine that there isnt any survivors playing/queue time!

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

They stop moving when I snowball them and hook ‘em.😈

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

There making bp gains as same if not greater than killer so time to play surv would be now than later in my opinion

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

People complain, people disagree. It doesn't inherently mean this or that needs to be changed or buffed. People are really thinking they are cool when they complain to the developers about their changes, but they don't think to themselves, "Mine could be even worse."

• MySpaceBarsBroken
    MySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167
    edited July 2019

I dont think anyone thinks they're 'cool' or doesnt think it through when they say survivor gameplay is usually a disgustingly poor experience. And BPs wont change that fact

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

@Tensor You survivors have the right to complain about nurse (even basekit) but, killers main have no right to complain about loops being too strong with other killers.

You just have no idea what you are talking about, We complain because RED RANK have almost no variety for both side (both perks and killers). Nurse and Hillbilly are the most played for a reason, DS/DH/Adrenaline/BT - Ruin/BBQ/SF/Enduring are mostly the only build we see , Haddonfield/Crotus prenn/Suffocation Pit/Ironwork Of Misery loops being stupidly strong we no counter when well executed.

Do not forget one thing there is 4 survivors against one killer which make 16 perks against 4 perks. Nurse is balanced which make her add-ons overkill same for Hillbilly.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

When only killers play this game (killer vs killer) at last we start seen killers complaining about how op is nurse without addons or asking for prayer beads to be removed.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

Remove self care? Urban Evasion is a cheat for getting away?

I wouldn't complain if they removed self care and urban tbh, more survivors would realize that those perks were slowing the match down 😂

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

Nah, they'll just complain about the wait time and say it's 'cause the game's broken and not because people are leaving.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Yes, and please allow killers to use this god tier perk: MoM. It's in good position now they said.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Survivors will be fine

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If you're not enjoying the game, then yes. It's what everyone does when they don't enjoy a game.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

You know, meta Perks getting nerfed does something great.

It makes people run the next best thing.

And you can then see the potential that this next best thing brings.

I don't think i've ever seen all 4 run Adrenaline before the healing nerf.

Which is great, cause this'll allow devs to decide if it's too strong or not.

• MySpaceBarsBroken
    MySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167

I can see it now, all the survivors in the crowd. Dwight the referee and meg the cheerleaders who are all just meaningless fodder to kill

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

The meta is as stale as bread you could hammer nails with, of course people are complaining.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

But my power role!

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

A survivor-thread; where survivors gather to complain about things killers never said, things that never happened and to pretend the state of the game is the exact opposite of what it really is.

When are survivors finally going to allow their meta to be changed?

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Well yeah, this is a forum. Forums are designed for discussion and players want their opinion heard and/or topic discussed, whether it is in the form of 'whinging and complaining'.

Your thread is no different then the ones you're complaining about. :/

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Both sides need to stop complaining about every little thing and stop being toxic to each other. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose that is just how games go. We are not making things better for ourselves.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Wait, I thought complaining and posing as victims was the real game. That stupid app on my Steam called "Dead By Daylight" is just a cosmetic addition.

• Raidoku
    Raidoku Member Posts: 69

Killers have more advantages then survivors only natural to complain about that just like how poor complain the rich has too much same difference.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

The new ask is Septics, Syringes and keys to also be removed or nerfed.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Last time I checked there were literally dozens of "Nerf Nurse/Billy/Spirit/NOED" threads too on the general discussions section of the forum.

So maybe, just play the game. Or not.

• yakul1nausicaa
    yakul1nausicaa Member Posts: 128

Everyone should play survivor and killer equally

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited July 2019

To be fair MoM and DS did need nerfed as they werent good for the game and felt like very cheap easy escapes when the killer was playing well.

The healing nerf already went through and it did sort of backfire as now we have the "non heal meta". Horvath actually discussed it many times and the devs held off on chaning it for a long period. He mentioned a few times they wanted people to heal as it took them off gens.

There have been a few nerfs of late.

The PIG RBT was needed due to it countering what the EGC was designed to do which was to end the the game quicker and not to give free kills. I do think they need to look at the pigs ability for map pressure and buff her stealth and ambush capabilities to compensate for the end game change.

Overall it was the players that adopted the Pig traps for the end game and while it was aknowledged as a good strat by design they were initially thought of as a way to slow the game down before that stage and very rarely kill.

Ghostface's 8% change was done as it was inconsistent with how it worked which could in part have been down to connection to the host. You could stare right at him and it wouldnt work but getting a glimpse out of a window when you werent even sure where he was did. I do think he need some buffs in other departments such as his stealth and more map pressure capabilities.

MoM well we all knew it was going to be nerfed as it affected the weaker M1 killers more. While it was overnerfed I think it needed a change quickly or it would create too much frustration when your skill or knowledge had no bearing on the outcome of it and it also had no counter play.

DS needed changed as it was again a perk which punished someone for playing well and the survivor for playing weak with dribbling being the only counter play but then it wasted more time so they ended up slugged. with the change it actually has counter play and works for what survivors have asked for for some time. A way to help with tunnelling.

Many people dont like some changes and instantly complain but they are needed once you take a step back and think about it. Complaints generally happen when it affects someone directly and they feel there was nothing they could do when in reality there probably was they just didnt notice what it was. Then you have the people that jump on the bandwagon.

There have always been constant complaints about certain perks over the years.

Survivors - Self Care, DS, Adrenaline, SB etc

Killers - Ruin, NOED, BBQ etc

Its just when a new perk comes about such as MoM the conversation moves to that as its the most in need of a change.

While I think most perks are fine as they are that doesnt mean a logical change that someones think of cant make them more balanced overall.

The devs do take feedback into consideration but they also do what they think is best for the game. They interact well with the community and explain the reasoning for changes which is a lot more than can be said for a lot of other game devs.

Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213

LMAO...because the game is so balanced I experience survivor queue times between 1 and 3 s and killer queue times of 5-25 minutes. Hahahaha

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

You perhaps live in a killer-heavy area.

My experience is exactly the opposite. Can barely get matches as survivor. Can't even do my dailies.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,937

That's why I don't care about opinions of Survivor or Killer Mains, because their opinions make no sense and it's only whining and crying. I just respect people who have experience and play both sides, that's it.

"Camper", "Tunneler", "Garbage Killer", "Noed Abusers" (Well, just spend more time on secondary objectives which is called a Totem): I don't care

"Gen Rushers", Pallet Loopers?", "Adrenaline Crutchers" (even if it's an pretty strong Perk, but if the Killer manages to kill all before the last gen pops it's kinda useless): This kind of whining and crying won't respect anyone and it won't care anyone.

I can recognize if someone has experience and knows what they're talking about and that's the only thing which I respect and support in this community, nothing else.

• ZacKdbd
    ZacKdbd Member Posts: 99

4 survivors against 1 killer? Lmfao. Please just stop. You guys get a weapon to make up for that

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Doesn't matter if a survivor is toxic or not, killers will still kick them just the same.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

That's the average stupid human, complains about everything without using any brain cells just to get attention. Because you know, doing stupid things is always easy.

• Tensor

I see I've hit a nerve with the salty killers with this one

• Tensor

One hit down hatchets. Remove them

One hit down after intoxication. Ban it

Fairs fair right killer mains?

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Whining about survivors? Have you looked at the discussion board? At least 5 on nerfing the nurse alone, and about another 5 on noed. Lmao