Doppelganger Killer

RaginRendon
RaginRendon Member Posts: 279
edited July 2019 in Creations

Imagine, you see a Dwight walking around believing it's just your fellow teammate when all of a sudden he shifts into a ghost, and attacks you! Honestly it would make for funny gameplay as survivors will always be paranoid when they see their teammates. Anyways, let me tell you how the killers ability will work. The doppelganger will be able to take the form of any one of the survivors in the trial. However, If the killer is seen by the survivor that it's taken the form of, the killer will transform back into it's original form, a ghost; however, the survivor that spotted the killer will gain the exposed status effect for 45 seconds. As the doppelganger is in disguise mode, it goes into 3rd person view, has no terror radius, can perform the same vault animations as a normal survivor, and has the same walking speed as a survivor. To attack, the doppelganger must go through a short phase where it transforms back into it's original form and gains a burst of speed after doing so; the killer re-enters 1st person view after this. The doppelgangers power goes on cool down after transforming back into it's original form.

115% movement speed

32 meter terror radius

Perks: I dunno :D

Let me know what you think and vote up if you like the idea of this killer!

Post edited by RaginRendon on

Comments

• RaginRendon

@MandyTalk

Can you move this post over to the "fan creation" section?

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

This killer would get easily countered by SWF using comms and be powerless.

• RaginRendon

It would work like ghostface, the survivor who you took the form of must have you in the center of their screen for a few seconds. Also your in 3rd person view while in disguise mode so you'll have the power of vision on your side.

• Karl_Childers

No, I’m not talking about that at all. I’m talking about the fact that SWF would not fall for the disguise at all, it would be useless because of communication. Everyone just says where they are , and if they see what appears to be a survivor approaching them, they will know it’s actually you in disguise and just run away. Or even easier, just have signals...such as “teabag twice when coming up to someone so we know it’s not the killer”. The disguise power itself would be completely countered. How does it help you if the survivors know that it’s you?

• RaginRendon

Play smart, also your not going to be playing against swf groups 24/7 so worrying mostly about that is senseless.

• Karl_Childers
    edited July 2019

Senseless? As if killer mains don’t already constantly complain about SWF, now you want a killer who is literally powerless against them. I’m sure that would go over REALLY well. I have no idea what you mean by “play smart”, I explained why there’s nothing you could do as the killer to avoid the fact you are countered by default with comms.

Im just telling you why an idea like this will never happen, if you don’t want to accept that criticism, nothing more I can say.

• RaginRendon

The killer is not powerless as the only survivor who is able to break you out of disguise mode is the one that you've taken the form of. Even after they do so that survivor gains the exposed status effect. So if that survivor chooses not to break you out, your able to get a free hit on other survivors.

• Karl_Childers
    edited July 2019

Ffs man, you still aren’t getting it. I will explain it one last time. You are not getting a free hit, because through voice communication, THE SURVIVORS KNOW THAT ITS YOU IN DISGUISE the whole time. So how are we getting that free hit, when the survivor simply runs away from you as you approach trying to be incognito? Again, totally powerless as I said. They don’t even need to break you out of disguise mode, they’ll just laugh at you because they’ll know it’s the killer. So the exposed status part means nothing. Got it now?

• RaginRendon

Then what change would you propose to make for this killer to be viable against swf? Help me out

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

This entire idea is functionally useless against SWF. There's no way to fake out SWF into believing that an individual taking one of their forms is the real one. There's even less paranoia than Ghost Face here, and he's already a joke.

Being able to turn into survivors: functionally useless.

Being able to turn into chests, lockers, or generators, then transforming back and stunning people in a radius? That would be a good mimic ability.

• MightyBardin
    MightyBardin Member Posts: 14

well I think the idea has merit. So what if people have comms, sure it wouldn’t work against those people but hey there’s still room for that kind of fun against randoms. I think there’s plenty of room for niche characters that are somewhat situational. Dunno why people have to make such a huge deal out of people having comms. Sure it allows for better coordination and what not, but if y’all want a solution why not have a lobby option that says we’re swf and we would like to pair with a killer that cool with that? Or mabey a killer lobby option that says no swf players? Preferences are a thing in other multiplayer games I don’t see why something along those lines cant be added. Sure it’d separate the community abit but it’d allow people to have a more fun time playing and allow those who want the challenge to have what they want. Of course people are gonna complain but in my experience people will find something not matter how small to complain about. id play against this killer, heck I’d buy it.

• MoonwalkMyers
    MoonwalkMyers Member Posts: 82

No Killer would choose a SwF game because its hard as hell. Look, youre idea is cool but it doesnt work man.

• MightyBardin
    MightyBardin Member Posts: 14

I would, I may not be good at the game but allowing people to have a choice is what matters to a lot of fans. you may not but I guarantee you there would be people who do it. It just takes some skill and a lot of patience. Sure you may not get everyone, but you can take a little joy from that one or two kills you did get. I find if you don't care about scores but more in the thrill of the hunt or being hunted it's a lot more fun and I can play the game for longer before I tire out from the more competitive nature of the game.