Don't ever release skins this expensive again

Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

Idk what you all were thinking with these pig skins, I really wanted them until I had to realize how damn expensive they were. Doing a bit too much with the cosmetics....

Comments

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

Idk what you're talking about. Every skin is overpriced. I pay for them, but I sometimes reconsider because of how outrageous the best skin pieces or combos are. It's really irritating.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

My only gripe with the skins is not the price, but how you're usually forced to buy them because the shard grind is ridiculous. However, hey, I'm not complaining because I'm happy that we even have an option to buy them with shards. :)

• BlowHard74728
    BlowHard74728 Member Posts: 60
    edited July 2019

They make all their best skins playable only through auric cells so that furthers the uselessness of the shards

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265

That's not true. You can get amazing skins (e.g. imo the best nurse skin) with shards. I really appreciate that we can use our play time to get fantastic cosmetics.

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172

Imo there are plenty of great shard skins, and I've managed to collect all the ones I want without having to play too much more than one would expect someone to play their favorite game. That's including skins for characters I don't even play too, so I don't think the shard grind is nearly as bad as everyone thinks, unless they're expecting to get every cosmetic they want in a couple of months.

There are only a few cell exclusive skins that I honestly prefer over all the shard skins for the same character (namely Hag, she needs a really nice shard skin)

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
  • MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

This was not behaviors choice 100% the license holders wanted a higher cut so they had to make one higher.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@BlowHard74728 Not all of them. Most of them* xd.

But those are licensed what did you expect.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@NMCKE You make it sound like that's intentional.. oh, wait. It is!

On topic. Thanks to everyone buying the extra costly Pig skin and then defending the price when people complained, they've effectively told Behavior that they're free to charge even more for upcoming skins. And like any corporation out there, you bet your arse that they'll release more 15+ euro skins in the future thanks to this garbage..

..and this is not even including the upcoming Battle Pass.. that people ALSO defended.

• NMCKE
  • CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    edited July 2019

Probably testing the waters before they upscale prices for future skins, and i bet players bought the skin and don't realise they are supporting these kind of prices.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

I was interested in buying those Pig skins, they look amazing. But the price is ridiculous indeed.

I still don't understand these kinds of complaints. If you find them expensive, don't buy them. What's the problem?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

What are you basing this on? And just because the license holders get a higher cut it wouldn't force the devs to increase the price. Unless the license holders specifically said "it must be this price," which I kind of doubt.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

Get use to it.. the brain damaged mobile generation say it is ok...

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Hexyl If that was the reason, then all Pig/Tapp skins would cost extra, not just one. Just one costing extra (the one that everyone were excited for, no less) makes it suspicious, don't you agree?

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726
    edited July 2019

@brokedownpalace license holders want x $ per skin? lets be charity and make it for free :) because our ppl dont need to eat :)

its just SKIN you dont need it to play the game, if youre greedy and want every skin in the game, thats your problem xd

i never expected i would see ppl crying "mom this skin is too expensive" i cant swag on ppl with new skin, and tbh in other games there is a lot of more expensive skins and even less % of skins you can get by playtime but i guess give them a finger and they'll take an arm

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Sounds like your trying to justify the upscale in price after you bought it, because no-one knows that information apart from BHVR.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

My guess is they're doing what Rockstar did with Red Dead Online.

• Jack up the prices above what they actually intent for them to be
    • See if outrage comes
    • If it doesn't, keep it
    • If it does, lower it to the intended price, creating the illusion that it's an acceptable price
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I'm not even sure where to begin with this. So I'm just got going to. 🤷

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,333
    edited July 2019

Im of the mindset that they should charge whatever they want to charge for cosmetic items, EXPECIALLY if that means having more free/cheap DLCs. While Having the cool drill weapon would be nice, and im abit bummed I cant use my shards to get it... Im also not raging. They offer plenty of cosmetics I CAN get with shards if I want (currently sitting on about 22000) as well as free ones from events (My huntress and Doc are both currently rocking VERY stylish event cosmetics). These 2 things, Free event cosmetics and Cosmetics available with shards...are a BONUS and NOT something I ever EXPECT out of a company. As someone who played aton of warframe and got very use to how expensive THEYRE cosmetics could be with their premium currency...Im completely ok with how the DBD devs handle their shop.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

Don't agree here. The best skins imo are only auric cells and usually mediocre skins with shards. The only time u can get good skins with shards is when they do that event before a new DLC drops.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Supply and demand.

Personally, I prefer paying for DLCs and not paying for skins.

But to each his own.

• MonsterInMyMind

I'm not trying to justify anything im just saying the license holder determines price of the skins if they think that one looks like it can generate a lot of money im not shocked they did that i dont agree with it and i think its a horrible move but again its not in behaviors control.

• MonsterInMyMind
    edited July 2019

That's where you are wrong they clearly think that pig skin is good they think its good enough to make it a 15$ skin the license holders determine price not behavior im not saying its right that they did this but they clearly saw the money signs and did what companies do best.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

I imagine the reason they priced them this high was becuase they are lisenced skins.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

It's a Licensed cosmetic skin that people have been waiting/hoping for a long time, You really thought the Devs would make them a decent price?

Just look at the cosmetic prices as a whole, they're already overpriced in my opinion.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

I don't get why people will complain about optional cosmetic items.

• NMCKE

They should make Shards more obtainable, and support players who support them.

If someone buys a $100 worth of Auric Cells, BHVR should flag their account to get more discounts than the typical account. Maybe they get a deal? Maybe they can get 2 full sets for the price of 1 if they buy $100?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2019

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the high price is due to the license holder wanting it and not BHVR. That's usually the case with these things. I mean, GF cosmetics were the normal price. Ash cosmetics were the normal price. Might have also been why it took so long for these skins to come out. They were leaked months ago IIRC.

EDIT: Wait... I just checked. THEY ARE THE NORMAL PRICE AS OTHER PURPLE COSMETICS. The one outfit is slightly more than normal, but it's not by much. So what's the problem here??

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Yeah skins are pretty expensive but that's because they're skins. Only your desire to look "cool" forces you to buy them. Since they're purely decorative I don't mind them beiing expensive.

• LordGlint

@NMCKE Discounts for buying bulk in auric cells already happens. You get more cells per dollar than someone who only spent $10.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2019

If price is too much just dont buy them.

Personally, I am thankful for those that spend $500+ on cosmetics in this game, keep giving the devs money so I can play my old Hag DLC I got for $3.84

• LordGlint

Them offering a cosmetic that is expensive is better than them not offering the cosmetic at all. Just because im not going to buy something, I dont think the option shouldn't be there for other ppl.

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147

If you play the game regularly it’s not that bad. Only the impatient end up buying them. Which most people seem to be these days. It’s a choice, they aren’t making you buy them.

the Pig is a licensed killer so some skins will be more expensive... again; a choice that you can make whether to purchase or not. They aren’t forcing you to buy them, they don’t make her stronger, they’re purely cosmetic.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Don't ever release skins this expensive again or else I will be force to give you even more money!!!

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

They will make skins even more expensive if the sales are good. Basic economy, supply and demand. It is rational thing to do in business.