Idea to "buff" prestige

LoXitZ
LoXitZ Member Posts: 5

Making a character prestige is not the most rewarding of things (imo), you get a bloody outfit (that are kinda pointless for non licensed characters since we have outfits now) and a slightly bigger chance to get better items on the bloodweb.
So why not give a prestige character a permanent bloodpoint bonus at the end of every match, like a small percentage to make prestige actually worth the time it takes to grind till prestige 3.
For example a prestige 1 character could get 5% bonus bloodpoints in every category at the end of every match, a prestige 2 could get 10% bonus bloodpoints and prestige 3 get 15%.
What does everyone think about this and prestige in general?

Comments

• LoXitZ

The idea is that the bonus bloodpoints would only apply to the character you're play like if I played P3 huntress I would get 15% but if I played P2 doctor it would give me 10%
    But the general bonus across all characters also seems very interesting especially with bonus shards because those are too hard to come by especially when you use them to buy a lot of things

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Wouldn't you rather have Devotion levels mean something?

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    We need prestige 4 already
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

I really like your idea! I stopped prestiging my characters because the clothes are NOT worth losing perks AND offerings over. I agree that now that we have clothes to choose from prestiging is pointless.

• LoXitZ

@Coriander said:
    Wouldn't you rather have Devotion levels mean something?

Well since devoting takes FOREVER, improving the prestige first would influence more people (ofc they still need to change devotion so it stops being pointless)

• RailY
    RailY Member Posts: 53

@LoXitZ said:
    Making a character prestige is not the most rewarding of things (imo), you get a bloody outfit (that are kinda pointless for non licensed characters since we have outfits now) and a slightly bigger chance to get better items on the bloodweb.
    So why not give a prestige character a permanent bloodpoint bonus at the end of every match, like a small percentage to make prestige actually worth the time it takes to grind till prestige 3.
    For example a prestige 1 character could get 5% bonus bloodpoints in every category at the end of every match, a prestige 2 could get 10% bonus bloodpoints and prestige 3 get 15%.

I agree but 2% that someone suggested is really meaningless.
    I'd be more on board with 5-15% per prestige

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Change the killers bloodstain to another colour (green, blue) to add a bit of glam into your inevitable death.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@RailY said:

@LoXitZ said:

I agree but 2% that someone suggested is really meaningless.
    I'd be more on board with 5-15% per prestige

15% is much more than you realize. 6% sounds rather balanced because its a small boost that will add up over time. It is way to quick to prestige and getting the 5/10/15% would make prestiging everyone so damn fast. If everyone gets prestige that easily it would lose all meaning. The reward needs to be small enough to not make it seem necessary but still be enough to make it a nice goal.