Anyone here going all out ignoring rule books?

Shaped
Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I know one person does but that is it lol. Personally I follow the "fun" book until people bm or I need kills to stand a chance. So I am not the one playing however I want all the time. I think I would be more successful as killer and survivor by going all out using everything that comes to mind. Getting to red ranks is not a problem but I show mercy too many times or play by the book and instead of double piping or piping I do worse.

Everyone else? Do you follow made up rules like me?

Comments

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

No - There are no rules in this game just people who prefer the game to be played a certain way, who then ######### and complain if you don't. Its your game, you bought it, you play it how you want to play it.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

BM, camp and tunnel to your heart's content.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

I follow my own rules which are generally.

Step 1- get all BBQ stacks

Step 2- gens popping, 2 gens left 4 survivors I'll tunnel/camp if necessary

Usually if someone farms someone off the hook, I'll down injured guy amd go for the farmer. Sometimes if I need momentum I'll be a dick.

Even if you play nice you'll still get hatemail.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

These are the only "rules" I follow:

Survivor:

Don't YOLO unhook. Not even during EGC

Don't visit Bubba's or Billy's basement

Break at least 3 totems every match

Don't loopy loop in front of a hooked teammate

Use your brain

Killer:

Slug the guy that was just YOLO unhooked, to deny altruism points to the offender ----> proceed to hunt him now

Never chase longer than 30 secs if you haven't landed a hit

3 items in lobby = Franklin's

Use your brain

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited July 2019

I only follow rules that I set for myself and the actual game's rules, not anyone else's.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I get called bad for tunneling and slugging and I respond “4K”. #WHATRULES?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

My number one rule has always been whether I'm playing killer or Survivor

Is that I'm not there to make sure that the opposite side has a fun time.

If I have to do something to ensure that win it's what I do as long as I'm not exploiting or doing anything bannable I'm good.

No I don't care that you got farmed off hook if you want to complain to someone about it complain to the person who farmed you not me.

No just because you have a reverse bear trap that does not mean you are immune to being chased. No I'm going to go out of my way to tunnel you because that's stupid but if I see you I'm going to down you and hook you, a dead survivor slows the game down more than a rtb Survivor.

No you do not deserve an escape because your teammates were potatoes and their bad plays shouldn't drag you down especially considering the people advocate for this are also people could gladly take the win if they get carried even though by that logic your teams good plays shouldn't carry you if you're bad.

• Shaped

More people than I thought. :D

I expected only @RoKrueger. I am tempted to come to the dark side as well.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

I play so everyone have fun and a gamer experience. I dont care about doing a 4k constantly, I just love the idea that everyone got a chance. Those games are memorable.

Killer mains, play solo survivor for a while, and tell us how it feels to be tunnelled or camped.

• Condorloco_26

When I play survivor and get tunnelled/camped, I do my best to not get caught/struggle to the last second to give my teammates more time.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

the only rule i follow is: go for the head on stun, always, even if it kills you, unless the killer was an ass , then theres no posibility for a maybe ez hit from me

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

peolpe with no moral thinking are toxic.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I do whatever I want but only when I feel like it ;-)

I will not let any survivor escape and I don't care if the Entity is displeased by my methods. I will collect and enjoy the precious salt from their broken corpses.

• Shaped

I expected nothing less from you lol. The real nightmare. -.-

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

@Shaped thank you for asking my not at all foreseeable opinion ;-)

• Condorloco_26

You're talking about robbers, rapers, child abusers, real life serial killers and such, right?

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

I would have bet on politicans and american game journalists^^.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I kind of make it up as I go...

If I feel sorry for you, you'll get ignored or slugged.

If I want you dead, I'll sacrifice the rest of the match to accomplish that goal.

Everything else is filler :)

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77

I typically don’t BM like smacking on the hook or Teabagging. Everything else is fair game.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Uhh I won't break their personal rules just to break them, but I'll simply have my fun within the game's official rules.

Whether their rules line up with those or not, it's whatever to me.

Unlike many here, I don't get a kick out of other people being salty.

• Ashruu
    Ashruu Member Posts: 47

I generally don't play "toxic" strats just because they bore me. Unless the EGC has started and there's nothing else I can productively do, I'm not gonna camp because it's boring to sit in front of the hook.

I'll typically toy with the last survivor in the match, then let them go, if their teammates were playing selfishly (NOT if they were just bad). I mean, I make them crawl out, but they still escape lol. Unless you flashlight clicked / teabagged me. BMers get the hook.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

You see the comments and see why good people can't play as killer

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Nope. I'll do whatever I want, so long as it isn't cheating.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Not really a killer main but I get over it and que up for another lobby.

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275

What Rule book ??

If me and the SWF want t-bag at exit gate when genrushing as toolbox we do.

If killer wana tunnel and camp its fine.

No rule book in this game.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Ok. I play solo survivor about 80% of the time I play survivor. Camping means my teammates can get gens done if they are not stupid. Tunneling does not bother me as a survivor because its a smart strat, take out the weak links as you can. People classify way too many things as tunneling.

So as a killer main, tunneling and camping are not an issue to me as a solo survivor. If they happen, I deal with it and move on.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

In my opinion, these are the only "unwritten rules" any player should follow:

1 - Play how you want to play and enjoy the game.

2 - Respect is akin to Newtons 3rd law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Ergo, if you show no respect, don't expect any.

3 - The Killers role is to kill, the Survivors is to survive... Both by any means necessary. Hate the game, not the player.

4 - When the gates are powered... Anything goes.

5 - You paid money for a multiplayer experience, and thus aren't entitled to win every match. Anyone who takes umbrage to this should stick to single-player games where-in you are entitled to win for the money you paid. Being salty because of a lost match is unbecoming, embarrassingly juvenile, and toxic to the communities reputation. We're all people pitting our skills, strategies, and knowledge against each-other. If you lose and have nothing good to say: Leave a "gg," calm down/lick your wounds, and move onto the next match.

6 - (For PC players anyways) Post game chat can be closed using the ">>" in the lower right of the chat box, and will remain closed until you either open it again or restart the game. No one deserves abuse, so if you find yourself frustrated over excessive endgame chat toxicity: Just close it, and continue enjoying the game in peace.

7 - This is a 4v1 Lobby and Match style Multiplayer game. When you queue up to play a match you are committing to seeing it through so that everyone can enjoy the game, and everyone else who queued up is depending on your commitment to the match in order to experience said enjoyment. The acceptable reasons for Intentionally Disconnecting from a match are as follows:

1. A Game breaking bug rendering you incapable of playing a normal match.
    2. A Player(s) taking the game hostage/hacking/exploiting bugs or game mechanics/bullying or griefing you. (Report these ones after leaving the match)
    3. Influences and situations outside of the game that make your disconnection unavoidable in order to deal with said circumstances.

Disconnecting from a match intentionally for any other reason is a practice in bad sportsmanship that Ruins the experience for all other players. Disconnecting over petty reasons doesn't do anything other than piss off everyone else, and makes you a worse player for it since you don't learn how to play any better by quitting. Too many DC's from too many players can also result in leaving the community as a whole with a sour experience, and could eventually kill the game we love. If you are frustrated with how a match is going; Take it in stride as a learning experience, see it through to the end, take a break, and decide if you want to queue up for another match. We all bought this game in order to play it with others despite how each match goes, and the majority of the fun this game offers is in the challenge variation of each individual match.

Don't be a petty DC'er.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,236

I'm typically as nice as the survivors are, but I'm going to play to win, and nothing is free.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

I try my best to give every survivor 3 chances so that everyone can have some fun.. unless if they’re being toxic..