Devs Promoting Toxicity

Options

Could a dev explain why the survivors have been given the power to deny killer adept achievements by dc/hook suicide? I'd really like to know the thought process behind that.

Comments

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351
    Options

They have increased the negative effect that a toxic survivor DCing can have on a killer. That is promoting toxicity.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

People aren't dcing every match though, not anymore, dcing has definitely been on the decline, he's probably played one match trying for the adept, had one salty survivor dc and is now blaming the devs for it.

• ggallinftw
    Options

The fact that they've been ignoring it for so long tells me that they are fine with the frustration they are causing.

• ggallinftw
    Options

Yes, you're right. I'm still salty from that one match I played as plague/legion/ghost face when I posted about this over a month ago.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited July 2019
    Options

How on planet earth do you think the survivors know you're going for adept? lmao

I've probably played more killer than a lot of people on this forum.

• ggallinftw
    Options

And btw, I never said i wanted full emblems. They could just change the achievements to make em require a 4k. That's not too bad when you consider how easy survivor adepts are.

• ggallinftw
    Options

If you're a half decent survivor you can figure out the killer's perks pretty easily. Regardless, whether knowingly or unknowingly, the damage is being done and the frustration caused. I've asked the devs sbout this many times as well as many other killers. I've been told by others that the devs have said nothing. That makes me think they are okay with the frustration.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

The devs are apparently working on a punishment for DCing once dedicated servers launch.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

You should get a win based on how many escape/dies imo, rather than points. All survivors need to do is escape. It should be considered a win if you kill 3 out of the 4, regardless of DCs and so on. You can't control what people do.

• ggallinftw
    Options

That would be excellent. Now if only there were a punishment for hook suicides.

• ggallinftw
    Options

Yeah, I don't see how changing the achievements to require no escapes would be a problem? I also don't see why the devs are afraid to talk about it?

• ggallinftw
    Options

As if playing DBD would mean anything. It's not worth your time. Grow up, kid.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

When dedi's come around this shouldn't be an issue anymore. Survivors that DC will leave behind a husk that will let you hook them for points and such. You probably won't get 3 hooks, just 1 or 2 at best, but you will get the Malicious and Devout points.

You actually don't need a 4k to get killer adepts. They say "Merciless Victory" which means a 2 pip. At every rank but red that means you can technically not get a 4k and still get the achievement.

However, IMHO, the achievements should be changed to require 4 sacrifices with the killer's 3 teachables. That would bring it more in line with how the achievements worked before emblems and make it slightly easier since you don't need basically a perfect game. It'd also remove mori's from the equation.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    Options

Did I imply DbD means something? Nice strawman attempt, grow up and try again.

• ggallinftw
    Options

That is exactly what I want. If nobody escapes then we should get our achievement.

• fly_172
    fly_172 Member Posts: 78
    Options

True true, I blanked and forgot that the ranks have different pipping requirements and went off of the red rank system. Also agree on the proposed changes, that’s what I’ve been advocating for.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,024
    Options

I think the requirement should be universal across all ranks. The fact that the killer achievements are pip based, which varies with ranks, while survivors just need to escape is...odd. Technically, a survivor could do absolutely nothing all game and get out via hatch, resulting in no emblem points on anything but survival. This would result in a depip and an achievement, lol.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Oh yes. DC-s are gonna be less of a problem once we get dedicated servers. Supposedly... but I tend to trust the devs about this particular promise. Ragequits are a problem beyond effecting a lot more than adept achievements.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

That's.... not how it works at all. If you genuinely do believe they did this on purpose or is postponing fixing it for any malicious purpose other than "there's higher priority things than achievements for us to fix" then sorry but you're straight up deluded by tribalistic us-vs-them bullshit.

• ggallinftw
    Options

Yes, i know they have more important things to do like screwing with the audio and making a pallet stun vfx that everyone hated and nobody asked for. And btw, I know they probably didn't intend it. It's just that calling them inept is getting old.

• bearluvr182
    bearluvr182 Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2019
    Options

I kinda have to agree, I watch my boyfriend play killer every single day, and about half of his matches during the period that he plays, has a dc'ing survivor just to ruin his score of no one escaped and getting a dc consolation score, but the way they've made it now, if u don't kill 3 or all survivors by hanging them allll 3 times, you can't even get a rank... so yeah, I think the whiny ass survivors have more pull than you all realize or care to admit.

• bearluvr182
    bearluvr182 Member Posts: 26
    Options

All you ever hear on these forums is Wahhhh Wahhhh Wahhhh! Yall complain about EVERYTHING, truly....just play the damn game or dont, it's as simple as that, have u ever thought that no one cares about ur own pity parties that you guys throw on here daily? Didn't think so. So like I said, just play the game, or dont, and shut up, please

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

That's nothing, what about survivors that stay in a closet indefinitely as the last survivor to deny poor old Myers his achivement where he has to kill them all? I have to admit I find that pretty funny

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

Actually, I conquered some adept trophies despite the DC of a survivor: it's harder, but technically still possible, to make two pips.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Wow, the OP has a seriously slanted viewpoint. This is not about your adept achievements, which are not that hard to begin with. It's about being able to leave a match for real life reasons, or in the case of suicide on hook it could be due to strategic or toxic reasons. Why should I be forced to sit on a hook for the full time with the killer face camping me? If I see my team is trying to save instead of hammering out gens, I'm going to suicide on hook. Strategy.

I've gotten adept on all but Billy and Nurse, because I don't play them. It was somewhat challenging, but no that hard. I'm also colorblind and can't see survivors on most maps unless they are moving. So if my old arthritic arse can do it......

That said, I don't get many dc's because I don't camp and avoid tunneling. Why? I absolutely hate when it is done to me. So I don't see the huge plague of dc's aside from the babies who either dc because they got caught first, or the teabagger who realizes he messed up and got downed due to stopping to teabag.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

TBH when it comes to killer Adept Achvs.

You have to play by the emblems which is how the Devs want you to play. Which is actually in more of a fair way. If you were doing that properly, you wouldn't have the DCs.

You go hook someone, you go find someone else, you hook them, survivors make the save... You find someone else... Hook them.. and keep repeating until you've hooked everyone 3 times on the hook.

Bam... You got your achv. Easy to do in high ranks, of course not.

Survivors generally DC when they feel like you've been playing like an a-hole.

Just saying.

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77
    Options

LOL, that’s a good joke.

It doesn’t matter how “fair” you play, salty survivors will D/C against you. You can have a would-be Merciless victory turned into a Ruthless because people D/C’d.

It’d be just as lame if I disconnect against survivors for using strong loop spots and me thinking they “play like an a-hole”.

If they’re not going to curb disconnects in some way they at least shouldn’t rob players achievements for someone elses disconnect.

Just Saying.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Honestly I feel like the adept just needs to be reverted back to being 4 kills or four sacrifices.

With a disconnect counting as a full sacrifice while you may not give the killer the full amount of points or emblem score for it at least it would mean that a disconnect won't harm their chances of getting an achievement.

• Mikey11268
    Mikey11268 Member Posts: 16
    Options

There have been some ideas thrown around by the devs stating that when a survivor DC's a husk will be left behind for the killer to sacrifice and kill for their points, it's the closest to a solution we'll get to DCing.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited July 2019
    Options

@Im2Shrewd Nah... cause I've played quite a bit of killer.. I'm usually sitting in the 15 to 13 area.

I generally get DCs only in the first part of the match, if they are going to happen. You get the few who don't like to be found first, especially if it is in the first 30 seconds.

However, I've rarely gotten them in the middle to end of the match cause I'm hardly ever returning to the hook. I let them get their saves.. I find someone else and chase them.

If they save infront of me, I'll chase the unhooker...

If I've hooked someone 2 times, but no one else yet, I don't go after them even if I find them infront of me most of the match.

I don't usually ever slug the 3rd to prevent the 4th from getting the hatch.

I try to have some fun chases with survivors.. maybe meme a bit during them.

I'm not usually sweating my nuts off in a match, cause I don't care if I win or lose.

I've got all my killer adepts except Ghostface atm.

--

Allot of time it is just how you play.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

@ggallinftw I understand that you're frustrated because adept killers are hard to obtain, now even more but is not like devs are rewarding or encouraging survivors for DC. Things like this happen, but they are trying that you can still hook a survivor even if he/she DC so is not promovting toxicity as is not their fault what players do.