The PS4 purple rank community is small.

Options
GrootDude
GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I constantly encounter the same people in my survivor and killer lobbies. I guess we’re just one slightly happy small town community.🤷🏼‍♂️ :D

Comments

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    edited July 2019
    Options

So are the red ranks always getting TheMagicMan57 at 50% of the cases. Deranking players is making the things worse.

I think many are seperated by different servers so players i see you won't see them same for me etc...

I just want more players , killers/build variety because is a rare thing in those rank.

Post edited by xllxENIGMAxllx on
  • GrootDude
    Options

Deranking is definitely a problem and I would like to see more build variety, too bad not every perk is extremely good.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Just purple ranks? Strange.

• GrootDude
    Options

I’m not red ranked quite yet, I do get paired with red ranks and purple ranks though.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    Options

Since Freddy v2.0 released i stopped playing meta perks except chili because i still need BP. You should try the new infectious fright and Dark Devotion they are so good.

Otherwise yes variety is lacking i don't remember last time i've played against a clown/doctor.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

I keep running into someone called Tiny Feng Min every time I'm killer and they kick my ass every game ;-;

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    Options

@Boosted_Dwight so do Magic man for me but also as a killer. This guy is the best gen rusher/killer i have ever seen but he only play the most broken thing in this game.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Tiny Feng loops me to hell. I even brought a ebony mori and still got looped to hell XD

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited July 2019
    Options

That’s interesting. I’m purple ranks survivor and I rarely play 2 matches with the same people (killer or survivor), if I see them it’s weeks apart or at least 5 matches apart and it’s only 1 repeat unless we both somehow ready up for the next match at the same time and get rematched instantly. I’m also being put against red rank killers though... but in terms of running into the same players every match...not yet?

Makes me wonder about deranking though, yellow to green ranks seems to be super sweaty on both sides and then green ranks killer is full of potatoes after all those good players, makes me question a lot of things... makes me want to stay permanently in purple ranks... (red as survivor at least)

• Kiskashi
    Options

Do you use the same name as forums? Just curious, I’m same region and I don’t think I’ve ever run into you, which would be weird considering I’ve seen a few others from the forums. I find I was occasionally getting Asia players non stop a while back when they introduced the different matchmaking but then it became UK/America then now I have no idea it’s mixed.

• Kiskashi
    Options

Funny I’m the exact opposite, I don’t play killer enough to get past green/purple for the season yet but I play survivor at green-purple and eventually red ranks. I see those killers a lot recently too, darn, I’ll have to keep an eye out, maybe we’ll run into each other some time, because I definitely run into some others, pretty much a give away when they have OZ/Aussie in the name 😂

• Kiskashi
    Options

I’ll probably be a ghostface or Myers (no promises, depends on my dailies too) at yellow-green ranks right now if you play survivor or an Adam that runs we’ll make it and botany knowledge at rank 5 and switches between actually good plays or completely messed something up. I don’t take survivor super seriously ALL the time and run weird builds.😋 Strangely I don’t see many decent plagues at all anymore...used to be at least 2 I knew of. Freddy is still the killer of the day/week so might be hard to know hahaha. I’ll keep it in mind though.

• GrootDude
    Options

I’ll try some other perks, I still need to upgrade Plague. :P

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

I dont see the point in being red rank anymore as survivor till right before rank reset I rush to rank 1 so I can pop back into purple ranks immediately. Same killers 90% of the time not people actual killers. It's a steam roll usually in either direction. At purple ranks you typically see more variety at least. It's usually more balanced and not a steam roll one way or another. At purple ranks I still have fun because its generally more challenging.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

I'll never forget playing with "MyKittyPony", we were playing against a camping tunnelling clown with an ebony, they got hooked and were kind enough to kill themselves on hook to give me hatch. A while after that I realised I was playing with them again, we loaded into the game and they then DCd because it was cowshed. If you're reading this MyKittyPony, I don't forgive you for that, the Trapper we were against completely stomped us and he wouldn't have if you'd just stayed in the lobby >:(

• bandiit
    bandiit Member Posts: 8
    Options

So ######### true, I'm currently rank 5 a pip away from rank 4 and I've gotten the same spirit 5 times in a row and after destroying her the first 2 games, she tunneled me over and over, resulting in de-pip after de-pip.. got off for the night after that one.