Could we get some anti cry-baby forum moderation?

Casm
Casm Member Posts: 61
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

So many posts on these forums are nothing more than players whining about anything and everything they disagree with. Nurse getting nerfed? Gonna go to the forums and cry about it. Just died to NOED? Better run to the forums and whine about how it only rewards bad killers. Don't like the Freddy rework? Let's all cry on the forums about it! It's actually pretty depressing.

There are ways to bring up legitimate discussion about the current state of the game without coming across as a whiny ######### and yet the general discussion forums are flooded on a daily basis with players doing nothing but whining about it.

On occasion there will be a thread where someone actually takes the time to put together a well thought out explanation as to what they disagree with and might even submit suggestions on how things could be changed for the better. And even if I don't agree with these posters all the time, I can at least respect their forum behavior. However, lately these people seem to either be in short supply or are simply overshadowed by the sheer number of forum babies crying about the latest thing they want to complain about.

I'd love to see more strict forum moderation. If someone is going to act like a child throwing a tantrum on the forums because things don't meet their ideal expectations, they should be treated like a child throwing a tantrum and be put in time-out. Short term suspensions and temporary bans could go a long way in cleaning up the forums of this trash and bringing up the overall quality of the average discussion.

Post edited by ceridwen309 on

Comments

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Nah, we don't need more moderation. We need smarter people.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

@TheBean While I haven't been active enough to agree or disagree, I'm fairly certain the doubt is directed at the "never censor someone unless they're being rude" part. As in they're doubting that they don't censor other things, not that they do censor those things.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Yeah I agree with this. The board very quickly becomes flooded 5 topics about NOED, 3 about Nurse, 4 about DS, etc. I think there should be a rant section of the forum and unless your post includes constructive criticism or sincere attempts at solutions then your post should be moved to the rant section.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@brokedownpalace Yup... and there might be a good thread where there is actual constructive criticism and ideas that can get discussed, drowned in all the other 'rant' threads.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

My second objective idea hardly got touched because of all the threads under the same topic. :/

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Ark_the_Bonsai

Nah it is just conspiracy dot com BS they are talking about.

Some people get their feathers in a ruffle cause they feel the mods and devs target certain conversations, which they have, and they have the right to do so. This is their forums, and if they don't wish to talk about certain subjects they have the right to censor them.

For example, with Ghostface, when they put out their dev build by accident, and people posted clips of it, they censored it for about an hour before they gave up and realized it was too late.

It isn't about a conspiracy against people here on the forums. They have the right to censor stuff as they see fit on their forums. So directing a foolish comment like that just makes that user look ignorant.

Especially when that particular user thought the Dev weren't handling reports, and put in a dummy report to have the Devs prove they actually read them. They need to take their tin foil hat off.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Personally, I didn't touch it because I believe the devs have more than enough suggestions on the subject. Threads like that come up very often.

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156

Just look at how often you see the Jail Bars on users Avatars or the Banned nothing to see here move on Avatar. The mods deal with the posts/users that need to be dealt with in the way that follows the rules set up by the devs. I am a moderator for Eternal Crusade and Deathgarden for bE and trust me there are rules and discussions about posts all the time between the moderators and devs that you never see.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

If you are looking for reasonable behavior and maturity, you won't find them here. The mods enforce some behavior, but not all. They mainly focus on snowflake trigger words and send warnings. I've tried to have serious talks only to have someone be blatantly belligerent. I dare tell them to stop being the special kid in the room who wants the attention and try to add something useful to the debate like an adult and I get the mods breathing down my back.

I gave up trying to discuss anything intelligent at that point.

• Spaceman94
    Spaceman94 Member Posts: 164

Complaint about people complaining lol.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

consolidating threads would be fantastic. For example: When there's a new DLC there are 438972468237427 topics opened stating "my opinion on new killer" that clog the 1st page of general section.

I get they wanna be more laissez-faire but a bit of topic moderation/merging would help alot.

• Casm
    Casm Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2019

You're suggesting I'm whining about whiners. You need to understand what whining is to see just why you're wrong. I'm addressing a problem and offering a solution. That's not whining. However, you and every single person that upvoted you on the other hand, not contributing anything to the discussion, are a glowing example of one of the many things that's currently wrong with these forums. Though, I shouldn't say I'm surprised. You see, this is the kind of crap I'm trying to minimize and stricter forum moderation would go a long ways in helping with that.

If what's currently going on is not against forum policy, it's time to change that policy.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

As long as they keep it civil - it's cathartic. Killers especially need the outlet being an isolated role otherwise.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

All these hot topic threads full of just arguing and disagreeing are over shadowing all the good threads (and my threads) like Freddy's hand effect. And it is annoying to keep on getting notifications on a thread that has turned into a warzone.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I can confirm Mandy is telling the truth, even @Peanits came out, and said:

In any case, we wouldn't ban you for criticizing the game. Plenty of people do that on a daily basis without being banned. The key is constructive criticism. We can't do anything with "bad game, bad devs". If you let us know what it is you don't like, we can work with that and try to find a way to make it better.

Through, I can agree that whining without constructive feedback is annoying for sure.

This discussion has been closed.