2.7.0 Killers can no longer perform a Hatch Interrupt

Alfred
Alfred Member Posts: 272

Meanwhile hatch can be reopen and yesterday I had game when survivals had found two(!) keys.

Code maximum one key per game is too hard I know.

Great game design especially the part when opening and jump are instant.

Comments

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Hatch interrupt? What's that? Closing it?

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I thought we couldn't do that already? To stop hatch standoffs or something. I don't know, i wasn't around for that.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

I still think they shouldn't have removed hatch grabs. But tbh if removing them meant removing stand offs then I'm all ears

• Casm
    Casm Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2019

In spite of the OP's complaints, things are leagues better than they used to be. Given the choice between a killer and survivor staring at each other for literally 10 minutes to see which one will flinch first and what we have now, there is no choice.

Things are in a pretty damn good spot now when it comes to the hatch. Better than they've ever been in fact. Now, does it suck when you're playing killer and the survivors find 2 purple+ keys in a match? Sure. In fact, I made a post earlier in another thread about what losses anger you most and I mentioned losing to keys survivors find in chests. As a killer, you do feel cheated out of a potential victory. But, for every match that has survivors finding hatch keys, there's another dozen where the survivors don't find any. There's even the occasional match where a survivor does find a key but they die anyway because they were outplayed.

So, do things really need a change? I personally don't think so. This isn't a problem that really demands the dev's attention. I hesitate to say this is actually a problem at all. More like the illusion of a problem. Just someone losing to a hatch key a few times, then blowing things out of proportion on the forums to make things seem far worse than they actually are. But, that's what these forums are nowadays. You lose to something a few times? You can always come here and complain about it to everyone on the forums. Even if those complaints are completely unwarranted and/or nonsensical. Like this one.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

The EGC got introduced to remove hostage situations. The hatch grabs got removed so there won't be stand-offs anymore.

I absolutely understand that you as killer feel that you can't do anything against a survivor finding a key in a chest, then playing stealthy and escaping through the hatch. But I prefer that scenario over hostage situations and stand-offs.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Frankly as long as killers have Moris I'm not going to be too upset about survivors having keys.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

You can't grab someone from the hatch but if you are that close then you can close it WHILE they are jumping in and it will cancel out their escape animation. I'm not sure it works if they open it with the key, though. That's essentially the same thing as a hatch grab except now you have to down them.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,450

Moris at least have a mildly interesting animation

You also can't luck out and get a mori during the match

Moris are also signifcantly more obvious than keys, due to their size it's hard to see them in the lobby

Moris you can play around, just play more stealthily. The only counterplay to keys is to tunnel and this will get you death threats in the postgame chat and on your profile if you are dumb enough to have comments set to public (or on your friends comment pages if you have your friend list public. Yes that is a thing that has happened). This does not stop other survivors from taking the key however

Lastly just because one side has unfun garbage this does not validate other unfun garbage on the other side

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

"Play stealthy" is a really weak justification honestly. Often times that's just not an option. And by that logic, killers just need to play aggressively and be observant to counter keys. I'm not saying one validates the other either. And in regards to the animation, it stopped being mildly interesting when it started being every second game