How would you nerf spirit fury/enduring without making the perks themselves useless?

Seltas0208
Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

On their own they're strong but not OP perks. Imo neither is the enduring spirit combo

But how would you nerf its components to make the perks still useful but not as good when in a combo?

I think I'd change the pallet counter for spirit fury to a timer. The timer ticks up depending on how long your stunned for and gains a 5/10/15% boost when breaking a pallet (15% of the max timer would be added)

Comments

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited July 2019

Indeed, Spirtfury+Enduring can be more of a wasted combo then Thrill of the Hunt+Ruin. if competent survivors know you have it, very little is going to stop them from pretty easily countering it

At high and medium ranks it's only good for ending a loop one loop early and maybe with some bad positioning on the survivor a hit every now and then. For a two perk investment of which the usage you get out is very inconsistent that's actually pretty terrible

Enduring+Spirit Fury does not need a nerf unless your a meg and Nea who runs to a pallet and waits 15 seconds for the killer to arrive so they can stun him

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

@BlueFang yeah, nowdays this combo can only work to end loops faster, i havent seen a hit on a survivors into a pallet drop in ages at red ranks.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

We dont

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

Spirit Fury + Enduring is fine. Just throw pallets earlier, don't go for stuns. If someone has Enduring, they likely has Spirit Fury, too.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

How about not nerfing them? Ever thought about that?

Btw, if you really want to nerf those 2 prepare your ass for more nurses and spirits. These 2 perks allow midtier killers to have a chance, so be glad about that because it gives you more variety to verse as survivor. Unless you enjoy to verse Nurse and spirit 24/7 at Red ranks.

Seriously, you are shooting in your own foot by nerfing that in the long run

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

pffs...

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

You don't.

The counter is already live.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Why would you nerf it in the first place

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Wait why are we nerfing stuff?

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Why should we nerf the only thing that lets weak Killers be competent?

Because Survivors refuse to change their strategy? That exact same reason is what shafted Killers multiple times in past.

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391

Endurance was already nerfed. And spirit fury can be countered by dropping a pallete early. I wouldn't nerf them.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

"Just drop the pallet early!"

You won't always have a situation in which you can drop it early. I've used Spirit Fury in every game I've run it, and as much as four times in a single match. You're eliminating a pallet AND getting a hit off of it without as much wasting time on either of those things separately.

• Casm
    Casm Member Posts: 61

I agree, you won't always be in a situation where you can drop the pallet early and in those very specific situations, you should absolutely get hit. In every other situation though, drop the pallet early.

• Casm
    Casm Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2019

If the survivor is in a situation where it's not possible for them to drop the pallet early and the killer has Spirit's Fury activated, then they should get hit. Not every contingency should be counterable.

I stand by this because generally speaking, against good survivors, (hell, even just okay survivors), it's so easy to play around Enduring+Spirit Fury in nearly all situations that a killer able to force a situation where they literally can't drop it early should be rewarded for doing so with a hit. If you're playing a match against survivors where you manage to activate SF 4 times in a one game, you're likely just playing against very bad survivors.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

They don't need nerfs. Having to take two specific level three perks to make any killer that can't counter looping (Anyone but Nurse, Spirit, Clown, or god-tier trapper) viable is already bad enough.

Anyone who runs Spirit-fury / Enduring is already nerfing themselves to stand a chance against looping. The combo doesn't need changing unless you're going to rebalance the game from the ground up.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Make pallets stun survivors also. Suddenly pallets aren't strong and there's less utility for anti-pallet stuns. Viola... nerfed spirit's fury and enduring indirectly without making them useless.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited July 2019

I wouldnt. Killers dont get much use of Spirit Fury once survivors know you have it.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

I wouldn't touch it. Survivors are pretty much incapable of running out of safe pallets unless 2 of them are afk watching Netflix.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Enduring was recently nerfed already.

• noneofyourbusiness
    noneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 532
    edited July 2019

Both perks imo don't need nerf and enduring need to bring him into pre-nerf version.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2019

I wouldn't.

They should be buffed to be good individually before considering nerfing what's already balanced/viable.

If you don't think they're OP in a combo, why suggest making them worse?

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

Killers want to nerf decisive strike when it has a foolproof counter. They want to nerf windows when they have a foolproof counter. This isn't a one sided thing

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

"In my opinion, neither is the Enduring+Spirit Fury combo OverPowered."

Okay, then i wouldn't nerf it.

Powerful is fine.

OverPowered isn't.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

They're taking up two perk slots. That should be pretty powerful.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495
  • Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I always do better when I don't use those two perks but I could be in minority. From what I have seen it can work but doesn't seem that powerful or game changing.

I don't see them in needing of a nerf.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

I'm just laughing at all the people here talking about the two perks being useless even though almost every killer I see runs one or the other, or both. You're not fooling anyone, nice try though XD

I just think the number of pallets broken needs to be upped by 1 for Spirit Fury. I think at tier 3 it's only 2 pallets? (correct me if I'm wrong). Breaking two pallets is nothing

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Lol just drop the pallet early. You don’t need to get the 1,000 Boldness BP. :)

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited July 2019

If someone has different experience it doesn't mean it is a lie. I don't use this combo nor did I played against that many killers that do. I don't like it and there are more killers like me.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

I never said anything about a lie. I just said I found it laughable that people are calling these two perks useless, but at the same time if the Devs were to release perk statistics, I bet both of those perks would be pretty high up the list.

Like, just be honest. If you want to call Monstrous Shrine a useless perk, go for it. Enduring is a good perk on its own. Spirit Fury is a good perk on its own. Together, they're a really great combo. This may be a hard pill to swallow, but every team isn't SWF and every team isn't running comms. People in here saying "oh you only get to use it once, then jUsT dRoP paLLeTs EaRLy". That doesn't work if you don't know the killer has the perks.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

They shouldn’t be touched imo.

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

Wouldn't nerf either of them, though I would probably add some kind of blind effect whenever the killer gets pallet stunned (with or without said perks), in order to give survivors a chance of escaping by stealth.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362
    edited July 2019

The visual effect that was implimented for stuns already pissed off enough ppl. Now you wanna blind em?

• Damarus

There is no visual effect for stuns at all, you see all you have to. But then again, I didn't expect people not to have anything to say against it, after all, killer players are always whining.

• Boss

He's talking about the removed VFX when a Killer got stunned.

• Damarus

Well, there needs to be a way for survivors to escape a chase stealthily, if they want to. Right now, either the killer lets them go or they get chased until they can finally be hooked. Of course, you can try to stop running. But a decently thinking player will know you won't be far.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Its a 4v1, not a 1v1. By design, the killer is supposed to get you eventually.

But if they only focus on you, they will lose the game, unless you have braindead teammates.

• Boss

I wouldn't mind that.

It should be something you choose to make happen as Survivor though, since not everyone wants to lose the Killer (some people run keep-busy builds), so it'd have to be a Perk.

• Lithuanian
    Lithuanian Member Posts: 141

Just making spirit fury stun not be affected by any pallet stun perks :)

• Sollypanda
    Sollypanda Member Posts: 2

I feel like if you were to nerf spirit fury it would probably go on a timer like decisive strike, so when you break the final pallet for it to activate then you would have to use it within 60 seconds or something like that. tbh this would just make it useless is the survivors ran you around for a full minute so idk

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295

I wouldn't nerf them because it takes two perk slots to perform the devastating combo.

However in a world where a nerf is necessary I'd only go with a compromise change. Every time you proc Spirit Fury you'll require another pallet. Although to offset this the first proc will only require one pallet broken prior.

First proc 1 pallet, second proc 2 pallets, third proc 3 pallets, etc

Or you could go the other way around and start at 4 pallets required and work your way down. It's the only change I can imagine that would let the perk keep a power spike. I'm very much against a timer for Spirit Fury as well because then you'd be playing very opportunistically on the timers whim.

Again though humoring the suggestion aside I really wouldn't change it. Most killers who use this combo are M1 killers and two perk slots is already a huge trade off to do this.

• Damarus

Well, I wasn't really thinking of a perk. I mean, if you want to be chased, you can always make it so the killer sees you as soon as he recovers, right? There are even people trying to get attention with flashlights, if you think about that.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

A good nerf is leaving the perks alone as they work only in a small amount of cases