Is Shadowborn Worth Using On Huntress?

Mister_Holdout
Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

I've been playing a lot of Huntress lately, and I'm really starting to like her. Through my play time, I have been using Shadowborn because it does help with my aim.

But I'm wondering if I should replace it with something else? Is there a perk that could be of greater benefit?

If there are any veteran Huntress players (players with hundreds of hours of experience with Huntress) that could provide some insight, I'd be much appreciated.

Think I'm going to play Huntress a lot more from now on.

Here's my full build btw: Ruin, BBQ, Nurse's Calling, and Shadowborn.

P.S. I'm preferably looking for advice from PC players because their experience coincides with my own. Thank you.

Post edited by Mister_Holdout on

Answers

• razaluna
    razaluna Member Posts: 52

I feel it helps with my awareness, and makes it harder to spin me, it does affect how you aim tho, but not much. Although if you have a few hundred hours in huntress with shadowborn it can throw your aim off if you remove it.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Shadowborn is bad for your aim. It might feel like it helps, but if you play with it all the time you get stuck using it, because now if you take it off your aim will be all messed up. I say rip that band-aid off now and start playing without it so you can practice throws.

You want to use Whispers instead. It's the superior tracking perk and something Huntress really really needs. Although with the recent change to lullabies she needs it slightly less, but she still needs it.

BBQ/Nurse's/Whispers/Ruin is the standard rank 1 build, and honestly the only thing that actually works. If you are a super amazing Huntress you can go without BBQ, maybe Nurse's, but Whispers and Ruin you just have to have at high ranks. Scott Jund and Zubat are 2 of the best Huntress players in the game, and they both use this as their primary build.

• Mister_Holdout

@razaluna I feel the same way. I'm just wondering if there are better perks than Shadowborn.

• Mister_Holdout

@thesuicidefox No offense, but I'm looking for advice from PC players (I should have made that clear in the post).

I understand that you watch a lot of streamers, but I was hoping to hear from people who have actually played Huntress at a high level. Those are the people I can trust, not to mention, they usually provide better insight.

• thesuicidefox
    edited July 2019

I played her at rank 1 though. Have been told I'm a really good Huntress back when I played her regularly. I just stopped recently because she is too map dependent. I also know several VERY good rank 1 Huntress players on Xbox that you will swear have a mouse to aim.

But whatever if you want to be a PC elitist I guess I can't help you.

• Mister_Holdout

@thesuicidefox I wasn't trying to be rude, but Huntress is simply one of those characters that must be played on PC. Any serious gamer knows that aiming is best done with a mouse.

My reason for only wanting input from PC players is because they have the experience that matters.

Again, sorry for being exclusive.

• thesuicidefox
    edited July 2019

It's really not that big of a difference. Long range shots are harder on console but like I said there are Huntress players on console that you would swear use a mouse. This isn't Counter Strike where you need to be pinpoint accurate, her hatchets have a massive hitbox.

I just don't even see how it matters. I'm telling you that Shadowborn will mess with your aim, and that if you just learn to play without it then you open up a perk slot for Whispers which is way WAY more valuable to Huntress than Shadowborn.

Not to mention that if someone on console tells you it's not a good pick, then that should carry more merit since we can't turn nearly as fast as you can with a mouse. Shadowborn does help you turn faster but even at max sensitivity you're not gonna get spun if you are a good killer. The extra turning speed isn't worth a perk slot. If a console player doesn't need it to be really good with Huntress, a PC player definitely doesn't need it.

It's just a waste on Huntress. Nurse it's good because it counters fatigue. GF it's good because it helps stalking. That's about it. It's a niche perk.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

@Mister_Holdout

I play her on both pc and ps4. Your elitist attitude is irritatingly wrong and stuck up. Your simply being rude to another person because they put effort into the same killer on another gaming device. Most killers are in fact harder on console then on PC simply due to Controller vs Mouse and Keyboard being one of the many many reasons, but we will do that as the only issue in this topic since you pointed out about the mouse. You never stated in your orginal post your PC only requirements either.

Either way shadowborne as stated by @thesuicidefox is correct I would recommend avoiding it. The typical rank 1 build as he stated is also correct.

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77

I always use Sloppy Butcher on Huntress since it procs on hatchets.

• Liruliniel

Infectious fright does as well. Was so amused by this.

• thesuicidefox

Thank you for the support.

If it's after rank reset I will use Sloppy instead of Ruin as a means to slow the game. But against good survivors that just play injured most of the game it's not going to do much.

• Mister_Holdout

@thesuicidefox Honestly, it's not worth debating the console vs PC topic because the conversation could turn nasty. And I don't want to overly disparage other players. You have your opinion, and I have mine.

Just know that I have 1000 hours on console. So I have a lot of experience when it comes to this issue.

The bottom line is our experience as killer is quite different. I play against a particular player base, and you play against another. I preferably wanted help from PC players because their experience coincides with my own. Normally, I wouldn't draw too much distinction between the platforms, but Huntress I feel is one of those cases where there is a clear distinction.

The veteran Huntress players on PC have dealt with the same survivors that I have. So, if anyone would know what works and what doesn't work for Huntress, it's them.

I hope you understand. I probably should have kept this opinion to myself in hindsight.

• Mister_Holdout

@Liruliniel Sorry, my opinion appears to have riled a few people up. Please read my comment to suicidefox.

Also, Infectious Fright is an interesting idea. Might be worth checking out because Huntress is pretty strong when it comes to slugging.

Thanks.

• Liruliniel

@Mister_Holdout

It's ok, but it's the way your treating someone that got me annoyed. Believe it or not his info is basically spot on. The difference between metas is not really a factor as the information he is providing you is based on FOV which is the same for both and its usefulness. The build brought up is from a famous PC Huntress player. Which is universally accepted as "The Rank 1 Huntress Build to play"

The only real difference of PC vs Console meta is time. PC usually develops the new meta. Console players watch PC streamers and slowly gravitate towards it. When asking specific information both sides are easy for generic info. When seeking information specifically it normally is the difference between Controller reaction times vs Mouse and Keyboard. My example would be on PC I can Pig Ambush with ease, but on PS4 I had no idea if it was possible so I asked the community. Turns out it was I just had the wrong sensitivity.

Either way remember Infectious Fright on Huntress on effects her Terror Radius not the additional Hum Radius. Do tell me the results I haven't been able to get it on her.

@thesuicidefox

Anytime. I've seen ya post around before and you provide great info. Even if we differ in opinion on occasion xD