Survivors are afraid of Ruin

Can someone explain to me why survivors scramble in fear to go find the Ruin totem? They waste more time looking for it rather than just powering through the generators 🙄

Comments

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

I just use ruin as to practice hitting greats, which is really satisfying when you hit them :)

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269

Ruin should only slow the game down just a lil bit even if you ain't great with hex skill check.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

In the lower ranks if the killer has ruin the new or potato survivors won't know what to do and will just crouch around. If you haven't played for a while and found yourself with these teammates you will have to hunt the totem down yourself so your inept survivor teammates will start doing generators.

If you are with good teammates aka higher in the ranks you will just power through ruin and cleanse the totem if you happen to stumble upon it.

I have never seen a perk that changes the flow of the game as much as ruin.

Needed or not the game should be slightly changed overall to not make this a necessity for thirsty killers.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

On console, due to lag, hitting great skill checks is very difficult. (the skill check bar also stutters occaisionally, not helping the issue.)

It's easier to find the totem then letting it stay.

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391

Ruin is a trash perk that I stoped using a long time ago. It needs a buff, or rework.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Ruin is the most boring perk to play against, period.

Some would rather die trying to get the totem than play through it.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I have ditched Ruin for Thanatophobia with the killers that I have it available. It has more consistency in my opinion

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

with how boring generators are i can understand why survivors just want to get rid of it sooner

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Ruin is as good as survivors let it be. Majority of survivors are casuals and Ruin stomps casuals.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I can't hit greats.

Ruin is no fun for anyone, hitting greats is difficult for many, searching for ruin is inefficient and boring plus its bad for killers too as it is almost mandatory reducing the variation in perks.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I used to not be able to hit greats, different story now, not too strong.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

I feel like it would be best to just do the gen regardless of the regression. You’re giving the killer the benefit by not working on the generator

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Even as a console player I can hit greats, if only my red rank teammates could too....

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323

Everyone is talking about how much of a hassle it is to look for ruin while im over here playing matches where almost every time it’s found the first minute🤮

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited August 2019

Ruin should be a game mechanic that periodically cripples generators. It's too important to be destructible.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It isn’t important, I don’t run it at high ranks. Pop goes the weasel is much better.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited August 2019

Is ruin really that bad? Is hitting skill checks really that hard? Why not give people a gen training area we’re they can practice it if it’s too hard.

skill checks every 5 seconds for a 30 min run and it would be np

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

This is why survivors should be able to down and hook their team members

IN THE BASEMENT