The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Camping Killers

Stop allowing killers to camp. It ruins the game and requires absolutely no skill at all whatsoever. Maybe try introducing an in game penalty if a killer is next to a hook survivor or gen or door for too long (10-15 seconds). It’s honestly gotten so annoying to play the game. And there’s absolutely nothing that a survivor can do about it.

Comments

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

Camping killers are annoying because they just want to ruin the game and hope on altruistic survivors to give them an easy win. Even worse, Leatherface's power encourages this. I really wish they'd rework him in a way that doesn't encourage him to face camp the first survivor he gets.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited July 2019

Kindred loves campers <3

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited July 2019

There is a penalty for camping, its called less BP, Its called possible de-pip. Sometimes killers camp and they dont care about any of that, they care about sending a message. There are also perks that help punish campers, but it usually means on survivor has to run it and take one for the team.

My point is they already have penalties, you just don't see them from a survivor perspective.

I dont camp because I dont need to or care to.

• Brok3n
    Brok3n Member Posts: 51

If you're supposed to get 3 chances then why do they have a time limit on how long you can be on hook before reaching second stage and third stage? The game was specifically designed to allow both strategies. Camping is a legitimate strategy. It's not by any means a good one, it's easily punished. And yes it can be unfun for survivor and sometimes killer. But it is a strategy nonetheless.

And before you say I'm a camping killer main, I play Legion, the literal worst killer in the game for camping

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

I've noticed that there's three types of camping.

1. Facecamping: The most "toxic" type of camping where the killer stares the survivor directly in the face or is standing still near you to prevent you from getting unhooked. Easily countered by Borrowed Time, teammates rushing in, or doing gens.
    2. Proxy Camping Type 1: Proxy Camping Type 1 is where the killer patrols around the hook because he knows survivors are nearby. Either because he saw them, BBQ didn't proc, or other reasons. This is the least toxic method and is a legit strategy. Don't leave a hook when you know when you'll leave theyll be unhooked in 2 seconds.
    3. Proxy Camping Type 2: Proxy Camping Type 2 is where the killer patrols around the hook out of paranoia. A more active approach to facecamping where instead of staring directly at the hooked survivor, they try to find survivors nearby. Unlike Type 1 they don't have reasonable suspicion to believe there is someone nearby. This is an honest mistake by the killer if they are paranoid and can be annoying to deal with as survivors, but like Facecamping is easily countered by survivors doing gens.
  • TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Do gens and de-rank the camper simple strategy. also the better you run the more likely 3 gens will get done before he hooks you, also immersed players are campers enemies.

• CatHound22
    CatHound22 Member Posts: 15

Don't want to be camped, get good enough to stay off the hook in the first place.

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205
    edited August 2019

Camping not to be confused with first hook face camping has its practical uses. I often when i hook the first guy will double back and attack the unhooked and the unhooker, only when they expect me to linger around on the 2ed hook to go gen patrolling. Camping to a strategic degree makes survivors approach unhooks more carefully with out dive bombing the hook for points. Killers can use camping in non toxic ways by trying to apply pressure this way and making survivors paranoids. In short your not guaranteed a free safe unhook

Secondly even face camping has a time and place, namely she's had like 3 hooks all game and the gates are open. Killers are in their right to cut their losses and ensure one kill if they want.

Course I am not advocating its the first hook of the game and to rev a chainsaw in a guys face till he ded... that is lame and unfun.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited August 2019

If you think camping is fine, you have absolutely no right to complain that teabagging, or anything for that matter, that survivors do during a game is toxic. Where in your rulebook does it say a survivor can’t do that? Teabagging is a legit strategy then as it can piss off the killer and draw aggro, or just throw them off their game in general. We in agreement?

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Borrowed time won't counter a face camping killer with insidious. One reason leatherface with insidious is so annoying because there is no way to save the survivor. You just have to let them die.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

*looks at lvl 40 LF i built up to get bbq* hopefully you can be me out of rank 8-10 and away from these rank 2 swfs

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

bUt CaMpInG iS a StRaTeGy

(Did I do it right? 😃)

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

Mock it all you want, it's true.

• Rydog

@Kerbert I take back what I said in that other thread, search bar's over there --->

• Rydog

@Kerbert (In all seriousness though, I understand when it is legit to range-camp a hook when someone's obviously there going for the stupid safe unhook, either standing literally underneath you, or you see scratch marks and stuff. That's just objectively the smart play. I'm mocking straight-up facecamping.)

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    edited August 2019

Ruin the game. As opposed to infinites, teabagging, berating killers for killing a survivor, berating killers for using noed, being a downright ass with clicky clicky flashlight to prove some superiority complex, and just being overall an asshat?

Many people who are being camped did something to deserve it. I do not camp personally, but I have made an exception once or twice due to some asshat with an ego being annoying.

You can blame game mechanics, people being “toxic” or whatever, but this is a two way street. I will treat you as you treat me. If you play the game normally, I will too. If you do things to earn my ire, I will turn “toxic.”

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    edited August 2019

Camping is something you sadly can't get rid of in this game especially if the killer is serious about it, otherwise the community will go berserk, and the same goes with pallet looping.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i should start counting these...

• GoldenGirlry
    GoldenGirlry Member Posts: 4

Okay but what’s the point of playing the game if you get hooked right off the bat and can’t be saved so all the time it took to find a match and join into the game is wasted. It’s NOT playable when that happens.

• Feycromancer
    Feycromancer Member Posts: 19

A simple fix: Survivor gets altruism points while being camped on the hook. Camped until dead = 5000 bp.

This way, your gaining, killer is potentially depipping. I wouldnt even be mad if i got camped with this

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

He's probably another one of those survivors who camp at pallets and don't ever use Window vaults and don't look behind themselves while being chased

• UltraBanana
    UltraBanana Member Posts: 100

I like basement trapper, but hag is probably the best generalized camper in the game. Insidious noed hag with the totally blacked out skin always gets me some salt. It's like a blendette for killers.

Wraith can also be a really good camper since you can just sit at the hook cloaked.

Insidious nurse can be hilarious if you can find a good spot to wait at. Leatherface is too camping meta for me to want to camp with.

I usually don't camp unless I am going into the game with the intention of camping to begin with (aka playing hag / trapper). But if someone is teabagging and flashlight clicking at pallets and it's early game, I will glady sacrifice a couple gens to camp them down for the lols most of the time.

• Divinitye9
    edited August 2019

Please explain how the Hag is a camper. She places a trap, an idiot triggers the obvious trap, and the Hag reappears.

Unless the Hag has the addon that allows teleportation to traps at will, if a survivor does not trigger your trap, you have to run your slow ass back to that hook. Traps do not signify as camping, only IQ checks for altruistic survivors.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited August 2019

OP:

GIMME MY FREE ESCAPES!

(ノ•̀ o •́ )ノ ~ ┻━┻

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

there is plenty of penalties, during the time from 1st hook to dead many gens can get popped, the killer loses points for ranking up, and it is just boring. it really only works on altruistic groups. make sure if you are being chased by the killer near a hook, here is some advice RUN HIM AWAY FROM THE HOOK, by looping him near the hook you are letting him camp while getting the potential of another down, and since he is chasing someone he wont lose rank points while near the hook. the only time I ever "camp" as killer is when I 100% know there is people around waiting for the save and they are being Altruistic. why? because I read the survivors and start using a strategy that then counters them so I can win the game, but if I cant find anyone near the hook I will leave, because getting someone 1 hooked gives you a lot less BP than hooking someone 3 times

• UltraBanana
    UltraBanana Member Posts: 100

Hag is the ultimate camper if you want her to be. Why stop at 1 trap for the hooked guy? I usually drop all 10 on and around them because it doesn't take that long to do. You can trap literally every pathway to the hook in alot of cases. If there is no urban evasion and you are proxy camping there is basically no way for them to unhook without triggering your traps.

• Divinitye9

To me, that’s a waste of traps. I tend to rig certain parts of the map (Windows, landing points from falls, etc) long beforehand and I deal with any survivors who happen to cross my path during this time.

You are more than welcome to do what you suggest, I just personally care not to. That’s not what defines a Hag for me. I enjoy chase and mind games, not proxy camping. I am not opposed to zipping back if a careless person trips a trap at a hook though.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

What the killer does is not the fault of a bad experience. Not saying its fine, but the chase before that hook is on you. After being hooked, that's on your team. Its been proven that a face camped survivor can be saved with teamwork. It falls on your team to take appropriate action regardless of what tactics the killer uses.

• citron
    citron Member Posts: 78

it actually makes the game easier for survivors as they are free to do gens without interruption... yea its annoying but it only punishes bad survivors who camp hooks to farm saves.