Pig NEEDS A BUFF

Options

If you agree with me, please give me your reasoning

Comments

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    Options

bear traps are complete RNG so they can either be great, or useless... but this has ALWAYS been the case.

with that said I would like to see Pig get some love. I can't think of any reason that she crouches slower than ghostface, nor that many perks don't count dash attacks.

if nothing else, I'd just like to see better addons. it's not right that most of her decent addons come with steeps costs, while other killers get similar abilities through addons without any cost

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I really want to see Pig buffs. I feel every aspect of her comes up short in some way (Traps are inconsistent at stalling, ambush is only useful at certain times, and even then not always, and she has a lot of bad add-ons).

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

With the fact her power can't expose people, I agree she should at least crouch as fast as GF tbh.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

This is the same arguement made by a few Old Freddy Players. YES you may be able to get people with the killer but that does not in turn mean the killer is good.

With the Ambush nerf she's hurting quite a bit. Tack on the fact that survivors can EASILY remove RBTs without them ever becoming a threat and the unfortunately neccessary EGC nerf to her, suffice to say she's heading to a pretty sad place.

While YES she did receive a VERY minor buff recently in terms of crouch and uncrouch speed, it doesn't change the fact that too many of her add-ons are synergistically too reliant on one another where in many regards it's difficult to mix and match like you can on other killers. You're either going for Ambushes or RBT kills. Tack on that she also has some of the worst add-ons in the game (by that I mean some of her add-ons are the worst in the game not all of them), and she needs a LOT of love.

Sadly though the Year of the Pig is becoming Year of Putting the Pig into a Pit of Nerf Bats.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options

Pig is my favourite Killer

I would like to see her getting some buffs since the endgame changes

Her addons should be looked as well

maybe give her something that slightly alters her power/rbt similiar how freddy can have fake pallets with certain addons.

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156
    Options

i think pig should be faster when she is crounching. But i think she needs a fifth Saw Box that you find in four box one for a trap and one box that has no key.

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    Options

I would like to see an addon that actually injures a survivor who fails a skillcheck on a jigsaw box.

make it rare if need be, but don't add more obnoxious costs to running the addon.

oh, and as previously stated, ability to crouch faster... that should be a thing.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

I'd like to rework Bear Traps and buff her current stats

Current mechanic is either annoying as survivor or overwhelmingly weak as Killer. The system relies too much on RNG though I'm not sure how to fix it

If we can't fix bear traps then her crouch and ambush needs a buff in comparison

• rageiuz
    rageiuz Member Posts: 9
    Options

The fact that bear traps don't activate until a gen is completed is ridiculous. I understand the terror radius not activating it.

I think the pig gets a lot of nerfs because she's a complete stomper for lower ranked survivors . The fact they've nerfed her over and over again when she was never particularly good at high ranks proves that.

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74
    Options

Pig is absolutely awful basically an M1 killer. The dash is pointless because it takes so long to crouch. The traps don't do anything but mildly slow the game down, the fact that you have to wait for a generator to pop just so the timer will start is a joke and gives survivors way too much time to search boxes. Like there's literally no power with her.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

We've had these threads before throwing around dozens of ideas, but I don't think the devs like pig....

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272
    Options

Those "smart" traps are nothing compared to what you can see in the movie.

It is just delay.

• TerminalEntropy
    TerminalEntropy Member Posts: 71
    Options

If I remember correctly from one of newest dev streams, Piggy is supposed to get some tune up. About her crouching and ambush attack, I used to agree with @MommyDeRose about it being very underpowered and having all high tier addons oriented around RBTs gives you that feeling that using the low ones boosting crouch&ambush is not worth it. Nevertheless I tried them out recently and damn, they really change the stuff, take the yellow one and add one of the lowest for crouch speed, charge speed, or missed cool-down, sudddenly crouching becomes reliable enough to use in a chase, even for catching up sometimes.

• Acanelo
    Acanelo Member Posts: 9
    Options

This might be a unpopular idea, and take this with a grain of salt, but I personally think the bear trap should turn on when they escape the chase, or exit the terror radius. Make it so the timer of the bear trap goes faster when they’re working on a gen, healing, that sort of thing, to push them to remove the trap. I would also make it where it takes longer to remove the trap from the puzzle boxes. I think this would make the stall power stronger of the RBT and allows the pig to have more time. Again, take this with a grain of salt.

• Tungsten
    Tungsten Member Posts: 8
    Options

I agree with you, The RBTs are a joke when it comes to stalling the game. I would like to see a change of activation when it comes to the RBTs and the fact that it only takes 10-12 seconds to check the boxes when they have over 2 min on RBTs is ridiculous. Doesn't bring out the fear of facing the pig whatsoever.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I would like to see some more creative add-ons as well. For example, the pressure of a bear trap around your skull should affect you mentally to some degree, yeah? How about an add-on that adds in the auras of phantom puzzle boxes? You already know there are issues when you see, say, 7 of them. You run across the map to one of them just to watch it fizzle from view right before your eyes! Whoops!

Here's a fun one: survivors start the match and see bear traps scattered around the map. "Oh, it's the Trapper, no worries." Shortly thereafter, they player suffers a minor heart attack during the "roar" from an ambush attack, and then finds himself with some fancy new headgear. Our dear piglet later picks up one of the scattered bear traps and spends a few seconds converting it to an RBT, thereby restocking and increasing her power to delay survivors. She would, of course, be unable to set traps on the ground, as this would render The Trapper completely obsolete.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599
    Options

I have a cool buff idea for a pig. What if her ambush benefited from basic attack perks?

I'm sorry.

• DoomOrb
    DoomOrb Member Posts: 170
    Options

My personal thought for a buff for her is make her dash movement speed faster. So survivors have less time to react and gives more mindgame and chase potential to Pig.

• TAG
    Options

Just scored three RBT kills in one game. Pig needz nurf. Too stronk.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

Give back her endgame power and I'm all good.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907
    Options

this is an idea i had but it could easily be used toxicly... but, i was thinking theres a colored circle behind each of the survivor's profiles for the pig to see only, and each of the jigsaw boxes have corresponding aura colors. that way if you see them going towards one that isn't their color then you have less reason to worry. like i said though, probably could just be used to tunnel someone easier, but i think its a neat idea at least

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    edited August 2019
    Options

Pigs and Doctors have basekit perks, essentially, so I'm not sure why so many people complain. It's part of why I main Pig and use Doctor to farm points off the poor survivors. They're just ridiculously easy for how I hunt - I'd use Shape too, if he weren't inconsistent at higher ranks.

While I don't think she really needs a buff, I do think her addons need some love - a lot of them are irrelevant, outright nerfs, or just out of date with what's in the game. Maybe stuff to activate the RBT sooner, stuff to make her crouch speed faster, stuff to make her ambush silent, stuff that makes the timers tick faster in certain circumstances, but honestly the addons are the only things standing in her way.

Her ambush is fine, its best use isn't for getting hits: it's for dictating the direction of loops.

I'm over here consistently getting Ruthless/Merciless, getting killed by players consistently getting 25,000 BP with Pigs, everyone involved gets semi-consistent Game Overs - I think overall she's fine. I like that she's on the docket for some changes, but I'd be right pissed off if she was changed all that much. We don't need a new powerset, just some tweaks for how we interact with it.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I agree. I understand why they removed the original version after introducing EGC however, because survivors would be hard-pressed to remove the RBT and still make it out the gate after the timer starts. Still, some sort of endgame pressure needs to be re-introduced.

What I would like to see is something like the RBT timer stopping and imposing a skill check every 5 seconds after the last generator (or after EGC starts). Miss one - injured. Miss a second one - squishy skull dead. The skill checks would need to be a different button though, as many people will still be trying to run.

This could be very powerful as it would interfere with scanning for the killer, running, effectively looping, etc. Just seeing the Pig could lead to a missed skill check and an injury so that tanking a hit on the way through the exit gate is no longer an option. Stealthing their way out and not sticking around too long would likely become the preferred method of surviving this, though they could still try to remove the trap as well. Survivors could perhaps be offered significant "Late Removal" bloodpoints for removing an RBT after it has entered this new phase.

• TAG
    Options

Doctor's base kit by itself is really bad IMO. Pig's is better, but not by much IMO.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I would love to see Endgame Pig return, because it provided another playstyle for her. Now she's just:

1. find a survivor
    2. down them
    3. put trap on immediately, so as to not be caught off guard by a gen rush
    4. Hook
    5. Rinse and repeat

It's boring, pressures you into using traps when you don't want to chase trapped survivors even if it's in your best interest to do so.

There isn't a lot of choice in how you play Pig. One or nothing.

• Monstarella
    Monstarella Member Posts: 7
    Options

Pig is the bottom three worst killers in game next to Legion and Wraith.