Being on hook timer should stop if killer is face camping

Options
2»

Comments

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

I see people mentioning rewarding the killer for leaving. I have a better idea. So face camping 90% of time leads to an easy kill for the person being camped. For a new player especially, as new killers camp more than veteran killers, this is extremely discouraging, and as new players, they don't have access to the so-called "survivor starting pack" of perks. However, by being camped, they are keeping the killer occupied, pulling some heat off the other survivors. Reward them for it. Distraction blood point event. The longer they're camped, the more blood points they earn.

How bout it @Peanits? That sound workable? Makes being camped less frustrating, and still allows camping to be a legitimate strategy.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

That makes it much better but I still don't think it would be very effective, nothing is stopping the killer from just hitting you again

More bloodpoints are always fine as long as it's not absurd (basically anything that isn't "Get 1 million bloodpoints" is reasonable). This could become a problem though with survivors getting mad because the killer ISN'T camping: I can definitely see survivors play as toxicly as possible ("Trash killer uninstall" as name or something of the like, flashlight spam macro, constant teabag) and then flaming the killer when they get ignored or he doesn't facecamp. I will admit that this seems very unlikely but considering the absolutely idiotic things I have seen happen in this game makes it seem like it's a possibility

• DWolfAlpha
    Options

Yeah, toxic survivors will complain about anything and everything. But if the killer stops camping, then someone can just unhook them. But this way, it stays a usable strategy, and no one gets punished. And just make it like the bleeding event or struggle event. Don't trigger it while the killer is camping, trigger it after they stop or the sacrifice is complete. That sort of thing.

• Raidoku
    Raidoku Member Posts: 69
    Options

It can be tested again with the timer stopping for a certain amount of time before begins giving the killer camping credit should they desire but should do something to encourage the killer to move away from hook such as cant get bloodlust when chasing or slowing down their speed I believe this mechanic needs to be reexamined and looked at by both sides killer and survivors mains to find a solution to "how long can the killer camp" & "what happens to killer when they camp too long" issues because camping is the most annoying and talked about thing in DBD especially for new players so we need to open back up this topic  

• DWolfAlpha
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hook camping may allow the other survivors more time to gen rush, but as the survivor being camped, I no longer care what the other survivors do. I'm now stuck with very few blood points, and the whole match is a waste of time for me. That's why people are upset by the tactic. Even if all 3 other survivors get away, that's great, but I'm still punished. As a killer main, when I want to spice things up as a survivor, I want to make sure that my time spent is worth it. When the killer is just standing there, waiting for someone to show up, he's not chasing anyone else. There should be a distraction blood point event for survivors that get camped. Campers are never going to stop, especially when they measure their victory based on whether or not ther get a kill. I don't care if I get sacrificed. Sometimes dying is just as fun as escaping. This really is the "It's not whether you win or lose" kind of situation, because neither truly exist in this game. Punishment is just negative reinforcement, which never gets through to anyone. You want survivors to stop complaining, enforce a positive method instead. A distraction event makes it so a camped survivor doesn't feel like they are wasting their time. Someone that thinks their time spent is worth it will keep coming back. It encourages new players and makes old ones happy without punishing anyone. The killer is only affected as much as they are now, which is practically not at all. In fact, granting blood points to camped survivors doesn't negatively affect anyone, nor does it affect killers at all.

Also, as you mentioned that it's a bad idea, there are perks that make it a great idea. I went up against a camper once. I was the only one sacrificed. All the other survivors won about 10k-12k blood points. The killer, because of perks, add-ons, and offerings, obtained over 40k. So, yeah, it can be worth it. Unless, of course, you don't care about blood points.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

You failed at hiding and lost the chase. The killer won at finding you and subsequently won the chase. You do not deserve any reward whatsoever.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Because it was badly executed. Just add an input that if a survivor is in a chase in the hook radius, the bar regress as normal.

Simple.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

They just need to add in a benefit to the poor shlub on the hook when the killer stays within 8 meters with no other survivors in the area. That survivor gets a percentage of the bp earned for achievements their team makes while they are hooked. That way they get something for their willingness to not just suicide and get it over with.

I'm sorry, but face camping is purely for harassment purposes. Those who say it is a legit strategy don't understand the use of the word "legit". Just looking at the numbers, it has little chance of success beyond one or two deaths and fully depends on the stupidity of other players. It should be bannable based on the fact it is primarily a way to harass other players.

I think people confuse face camping and the occasional use of camping to secure the kill. Doors open, or survivors swarming the hook are situations where you might try to secure the kill. Throwing the first person on the hook and standing there taunting them is not.

• MrMisanthropy66
    MrMisanthropy66 Member Posts: 167
    Options

Play the game as intended? Wow what number is that made up rule out of the survivors handbook for killers? Wow it just never ends lol

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Little success beyond one or two deaths.

2 live 2 dead is the balanced game. So it's still, effectively, legit.

Only by rushing campers and not getting gens done do we promote camping.

Also, the "I'm the one on hook so I dont care about what they're doing bc I'm screwed" argument I always see is a joke. Because that person is saying that they dont work with the team, and expect them regardless of circumstances, to try and unhook, even if it ends with both dead.

It sucks to be caught/hooked/camped, but SOMEONE has to be the target, or nobody gets out.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636
    Options

Just about everything you said there is not true for hook-camping but is true for pallet-looping.

• Jago
    Options

Then what ? If the killer is in hook radius, with no chasing, he s camping right ?

• ArecBalrin
    Options

Funny how the status of 'in a chase' is never suggested for anything that might be detrimental to survivors.

That's because the system for detecting 'in a chase' is terrible and the devs have ignored killers complaining about it since release.

• Jago
    Options

But they did it for applying a malus on the emblem system...

Wait a minute

• ArecBalrin
    Options

Yes, the emblem system designed entirely to cater to survivors preferred playstyle, at the expense of killers. It was changed in PTB explicitly to award survivors emblem points in totally irrelevant categories as long as they were stalling the killer and others were doing objectives.

I'm entirely consistent with this: a broken system in the game being used to support other features ends up making them broken.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

Yeah hit not everyone gives a damn about rank. Rank means nothing

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

It would be cool if there was something called determination that survivors gain when they work on a generator while the killer is within a 16 meter range to the hooked survivor! :)

This effect gets stronger per every survivor repairing a generator.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

No.

• NMCKE
    Options

Survivors need to do all 5 generators before the killer gets their first sacrifice, and if they don't, the killer can potentially get a 2K. If the developers consider a 2K balanced, then we definitely don't want encourage camping if it's considered a viable strategy.

Also, to be clear, I'm talking about camping in terms of doing it, just to do it.

• NMCKE
    Options

I'm free to express my opinion on camping, and I feel like it should be punishable if the killer does it without a valid reason. :)

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

Rush generators instead of swarming the hook like idiots.

I swear OP must be one of those 3 people who decided to abandon the 2 generators that needed to be fixed in a game I had a couple days ago , and me buying time on the hook for 2 stages with the killer next to me ended up as a waste.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704
    Options

if this happens, the game dies

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited August 2019
    Options

120 seconds to die on first hook

80 seconds to solo a generator

There are 4 survivors

Yes, math is apparently hard.