How would you nerf adrenaline?

Options
Seltas0208
Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

Start a discussion down bellow.

(me. I'd just make it so it doesn't heal you after being unhooked)

Comments

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

(me. I'd just make it so it doesn't heal you after being unhooked)

That's not a problem with Adrenaline, the problem is that being hooked heals you a full health state (dying -> injured) which is dumb in general

Make it so being unhooked applies Deep Wound and the problem solves itself

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
  • Seltas0208
    Options

Something simular could be said for noed. Although rather than earning it you have to hope survivors are lazy. Does that make it a balanced perk? That's for debate

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options
    • Remove the heal
    • Make it so if you're not able to trigger it, then it doesn't trigger, period

Problem solved.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

Make it soo it doesn't heal you up if you are in a chase or got downed 5 seconds before and after it gets activated

Thats it, you still get a speed boost but won't heal if you are in a chase

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392
    Options

I wouldn't, but if I do, I would remove the heal OR remove the speed boost. One of them.

• NMCKE
    Options

What if it was like old BT?

Like it gave you the Endurance Status Effect for 120 seconds, and when the effect ends, all damage taken will be applied immediately. If you take 2 hits during the Endurance Status Effect, the effect ends immediately and you'll enter the dying state.

• Dat_Babushka_Tho
    Dat_Babushka_Tho Member Posts: 18
    Options

If someone is already exhausted, adrenaline should not activate. All other exhaustion perks don't work with eachother, so why does adrenaline work with all of them?

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

I wouldn't.

• Seltas0208
    Options

Decicive got reworked not nerfed, and I don't think self care has been touched in years. But go on. Explain my adrenaline is a needed perk

• NMCKE
    Options

Wait, what if Adrenaline doesn't activate when Exhausted, but it will activate the moment you're NOT Exhausted?

• Trotfoxx
    Trotfoxx Member Posts: 105
    Options

I would remove the sprint but made it heal 2 states (from dying to full health).

• Seltas0208
    Options
  • Seltas0208
    Options

Then what perks would you buff so adrenaline isn't as meta defining as it is now?

• AWesley91
    AWesley91 Member Posts: 151
    Options

Then it's a change to healing that just happened to nerf self care into the ground. That's what made adrenaline so popular, another nerf.

• Seltas0208
    Options

botany knowledge increases healing speed, so why isn't that meta as well?

• AWesley91
    AWesley91 Member Posts: 151
    Options

Because it used to be self care was meta. It got nerfed into the ground. Who is going to use two perk slots to self heal?

When is the last time survivors got a solid strong new perk? I don't remember. Kate was hot but besides windows being neat her perks were useless. Survivors get nerfs and no strong new perks.

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183
    Options

adrenaline in of itself isn't a problem, it's when you stack it with all the other free win perks(ds,bt,dead hard) that it becomes a real issue.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options

I agree, it does suck when you get a full team that are all running the same perks and are rushing gens. Imo, this is where the devs need to try and buff a lot of the weaker perks and switch up the meta.

• Rademenes16
    Rademenes16 Member Posts: 36
    Options

I would remove speed effect and exhaust. Insta heal adrenaline is overpowered anyway.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    Options

Nothing. Adrenalin is fine. I have no issue versing that. In case you have issues use NOED, it's a good wheelchair if you struggle against genrushing survivors. Or an ebony mori. Or git gud.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636
    Options

Nothing exists in vacuum; it's the context that makes something useful as a whole. Even DS in 2016 was fine; the problem was everyone could use it, not just the Obsession and it came after pallets were given the unjustified super-buffs.

I don't buy the 'it's cos Self-Care got nerfed' narrative either, for a simple reason: they never went live. They were tested on the PTB in January for 2.5. When that patch went live, the changes were not included the PTB updated with a reversion of those changes. Yes, survivors have been complaining about something that never happened, what's new?

Healing itself got an indirect nerf when Sloppy Butcher was given the Mangled status-effect a year ago. The base healing time remains 16 seconds, increased to 32 with Self-Care due to it having a -50% off the base-rate.

Adrenaline is very strong now because of EGC, which heavily favours survivors already.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

I wouldnt.

Perk itself isnt an issue. Its once again the pesky SWF that causes it to become very powerful.

• ArecBalrin
    Options

Because I'm the only person left that reads patch-notes. No wonder I sound like I'm mad.

'Everybody knows' Self-Care was nerfed. 'Everybody knows' base healing was nerfed'. Who needs to bother checking or even bothering to remember simple stuff beyond a few weeks when you can just listen to what everybody else is saying?

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    Options

I have no clue what you talk about but I guess u are mixing stuff up

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I would not nerf adrenaline, but if you really ask me for a way:

When you are on the hook and the last Gen pops, you dont get that adrenaline boost after unhooking.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Options

I don't see a problem with it. If you're at the end game and you're not running an end game build, that means that they had to get every last gen done for a proc that only lasts a few seconds. If you have an End Game build and your goal is to kill them during the collapse, Adrenaline is almost certainly not gonna be a problem for you.

The only reason Adrenaline is even top tier is because, with a halfway decent SWF(As in not a SWF I'm a part of, that's for sure), you can more or less guarantee every gen gets done by the end because you can share far too much information with no drawbacks. Adrenaline isn't the thing in this scenario that needs a nerf and the other thing can't be nerfed.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Options

I just want people to sincerely discuss why certain perks are healthy/unhealthy instead of treating it like some weird kindergarten turf war where civil conversation is impossible. So far this post has been mostly okay.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

You do you, but you asked for an opinion and I've given mine :)

I try and see both sides fairly, playing both sides helps. But if it isn't one thing it's another when it comes to which perk/addon is needing the nerf bat for which side this particular month.

I hold no animosity to this thread, but some of us are just jaded by now.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Options

I uh... Wasn't the OP. I was also agreeing with you mostly. My issue is people picking over perks one sidedly and not looking at how the two different roles interact with each other. Hell, I even advocated not touching Adrenaline in a post before that.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

My apologies dude, haven't been awake long and we all goof from time to time.

*has an embaress*

There is a lot of the one sided picking over of perks/addons which is why the vulture like behaviour really does just breed a certain sense of apathy amongst the people who really just want to get on with the game.

Don't get me wrong, in some case, something game breaking does need a nerf. But this constant of "Well our side got this nerf so when does their side get one" or "We got rid of this, now lets move on to this one now more are using it" needs to stop being catered to. On BOTH sides.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I wouldn't.

It's a strong 1-use perk done right in my opinion.

• ArecBalrin
    Options

Yes you do, that's why you cherry-picked so carefully what aspects of EGC to talk about.

Killers had been asking for hatch-closing since day-one because hatch stand-offs were blatantly unfair; survivors finds the hatch first and they win, but killer finds the hatch first and it's a stand-off, in a scenario where the killer hasn't done anything wrong. The survivor who gets the hatch might not have done anything to contribute towards the necessary minimum number of gens done.

When it got to the PTB, this was the closest killers had ever come to having a specific feature that was expressly and notably requested making it into the game, after survivors had dozens over the years. It worked and it was fair, so of course it couldn't go live in that state. The devs were immediately talking about hatch-closing automatically powering the gates, defeating the entire purpose of killers having requested it in the first place. Most maps do not allow for the gates to spawn in a way they can be guarded simultaneously by most killers.

EGC is a total distraction layered over the top of that and doesn't prevent survivors holding a game hostage at all: they can just 99% the gates to hold it off, forcing the killer to do it which is intended because it means conceding the game. It's meant to be humiliating. The devs completely ignored feedback from killers over the EGC PTB, except for how the effect clashes with scratch-marks(something they shouldn't have even needed to be told, as if it was done deliberately).

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I've always liked the idea the devs proposed of turning insta-heals into reverse Deep Wounds (it would create a bar under the character that fills up and heals the Survivor one health state when the bar is full).

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    Options

I cherry picked? You made the statement that EGC heavily favors survivors and that is pure nonsense. Nothing in your post backs it up. The 1v1 is heavily killer sided, how can you possibly even dispute this. How do survivors benefit when the killer can close the hatch now, that makes no sense at all. Just because you didn’t get the version of hatch closing that you wanted, does NOT mean it still isn’t killer sided. Come on now. You don’t think there’s a big rise of 4Ks now compared to before pre-EGC? Your gate argument is also so flawed, how in the world do you think it’s easier now for the last survivor to escape than it used to be? Killers gained big time with it and that’s a fact. Sorry but your extreme killer bias is just making you sound ridiculous.

• ArecBalrin
    Options

Answering this would just mean repeating what I've already said, as your response is to simply ignore facts and make baseless assertions faster than they can be deconstructed.