Adept Killer achievement tips

Options
Clinton
Clinton Member Posts: 344

So I am going for Adept Pig and I keep getting ruthless instead of merciless. Not too sure how the emblem system works to be honest. I feel depip and playing against bad players is my only hope at this point

Comments

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Points do not matter. Not really...

Chaser: Makes you have to have a decently long chase, but catch more survivors than you let go.

Devout: Hook 9 times and you'll get iri. (When I got Legion Adept, I only had to sacrifice three. As long as you get 9 or more hooks, you'll be fine.)

Gatekeeper: This one isn't in the killer's hands, since it governs gen completion. This one you just have to delay gens as much as possible, which Pig is terrible at. If you can keep it above 3 left, then you should be good... Also kicking helps. However, delaying gens getting done also effects this for the first 9 minutes. So, if you are able to stop 4 gens from getting done in 10 min or so... (not likely at higher ranks) then this should be iri.

Malicious: If you hit people, this will be iridescent in no time. Survivors healing also takes away from it, but not as much as you can gain from hitting them twice. As long as they remain injured more than they do healthy, you should be fine.

• alecks
    alecks Member Posts: 8
    Options

If you're in an advantageous position, don't be scared to slug and sweat it a bit. Try to avoid being near hooks as it affects the chaser emblem iirc, but also make sure you at least 3 hook 2 people and 2 hook the others at minimum. Also, another tip would be doing it a few days after rank reset while you're a lower rank, and the higher ranked players have ranked up a bit again.

• derperson
    derperson Member Posts: 130
    Options

The best tip ever... ranks 13-20 give a merciless victory with 14 points, whereas ranks 1-12 give a merciless victory with 15+ points. There are only 16 points to earn in each trial, meaning once you hit rank 12, stuff gets a bit harder.

Basically, you get 4 points from each category for each emblem, most of them you can't really influence, but sacrifices, you can. You need 9+ hooks to get iri, and you need 3 iri emblems and 1 gold to get merciless.

I don't have adept pig yet, but I have 13 adept killers. My thing has always been to modify my strategy for the perks I have, but mainly, focus on keeping survs off gens. One way to do this is, wear headphones with noise isolating earbud tips, then when the match starts run toward the farthest generator. As soon as you hear anything like a gen, run toward that gen, chase em, if at any point they get to some obstacles that are in the survivors favor, leave the chase. Some situations that are bad for killer; chasing survs around the double T shaped walls with vaults across from eachother; chasing survs in killer shack when pallet is available; chasing survs around the tree with pigs hanging from it when the pallet is available. Basically, if you reach bloodlust level 1 you should know that youve been in the chase for 30 seconds, and probably been in it too long - gens only take 80 seconds for a survivor to finish by themselves. If you ever reach bloodlust tier 3 and don't have anyone hooked/slugged, you've probably handed them the match.

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 344
    Options

Thanks for the tips guys. Can you use Add-Ons and still get the trophy?