Am I the only one with a serious case of corn blindness?

Title, also do you guys think the corn maps are balanced, and if not what would you change about those maps?

Comments

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

Corn maps are annoying, for smaller Killers, Like, Hag and Pig for example. If you're tall, then it may not be an issue as much,

Nurse it's harder, yes. But survivors become predictable afterwards, but no. You aren't the only one. I promise, lol

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited August 2019

Naw, you're not the only one

It's the biggest reason why the "Red Glow" addon became part of my standard doc build - so I could spot those naughty survs trying to hide in the corn

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

I'm so sick and tired of bloody corn maps

2-3 out of 5 games are corn whenever I play and I'm sick of it. Visually they look awful nothing like having 2.5 Corn stalks in your face 24/7 but they are also obnoxiously big making playing Trapper, Michael, Ghostface, Pig, or any of the other killers very irritating to play in

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

When I first started playing killer I hated corn with a passion. I don't find it harder than other maps at all now.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Only as Nurse, I have no issues as anyone else with corn.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I only get it as nurse.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

You're not. Survivors who run into the corn are gone, as far as I'm concerned.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

im blind in every map, not even a challenge to be corn blind lol

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

The main cause of this problem is the low killer camera. Most killlers have their camera placed at their neck, or even at their shoulders, which prevents taller killers from looking over the corn, like they should be able to. My guess is its to prevent the killer from seeing survivors in lockers through the transparent slits. Which would be piss-easy to fix, without putting an unessecary handicap on killers.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

C o p y c a t

C O p y c a t

C o P y c a t

C o p Y c a t

C o p y C a t

C o p y c A t

C o p y c a T

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

Corn sure makes me disoriented often... But it also can be a bliss if you're a stealth killer. Too bad that corn maps rely on generic hedge tiles too much making it hard for any M1 killer that stealth killers are. I wish generic mazes had higher variety so not ALL of them are as safe as they are.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    edited August 2019

OMG! You're a genius.

I never even thought of that. That's wicked awesome.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I personally don't mind corn maps, there is an infinite in one of the maps but other than that I'm fine with them

I got used to corn blindness fairly quickly, I only lose survivors who have a similar colour to the corn or ground

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,940

I'm corn blind as a survivor as well as killer, I can't even see the Trapper in corn when I'm a survivor :(

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

No you're not. I hate the corn maps as killer. Corn blindness is not good when you're a Michael main trying to tier up, too.

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

What really sucks is how you can see a survivor chilling 5 feet away trying to blend in, yet can't stalk them w GF or Myers. Now what sense does that make? Unless there working on the gen in the corn, I stay away and just patrol the perimeters of the corn and gens. Eventually you will spot them running out.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

What I use is Predator and Bloodhound + Sloppy Butcher so I can never lose the survivors in the corn :D

• Ukonvasara
    Ukonvasara Member Posts: 65

I had a particularly bad match today doing my nurse daily. It was the map with a killer shack in the middle and everything else just corn. I 've always been corn blind but today it seemed like the corn was thicker than usual.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I hate Corn so much, I'd probably throw a party if Rotten Fields was miraculously removed from the game.

I'd rather play nothing but Pale Rose or Crotus Penn for the rest of my life than one round of Rotten Fields.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

No, you are not. I'm colorblind and most maps tend to have a weird color blend effect on me. Very hard to see things that are not moving. That said, the corn might as well be a white screen for me. I can't see anything at all. Add in the fact I can't see scratch marks due to their color being red, and it is all guess work.

Seriously, can we get the option to change colors of auras? I can't run colorblind 3rd party software w/o risking a ban, and I can't see due to the dim red colors you use so much. It would help a lot if I could go with yellows, blues and whites. There are some maps where I can't see the gen outlines due to their red nature.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

I dislike corn but I DEEPLY HATE Yamaoka, that stupid grass makes survivors invisible

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited August 2019

Corn and Bamboo are annoying, but I just rely on ears and scratches to try to locate them.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

@FregglesFred I disagree about The Pig. I use the pig and I seem to find everyone in those fields lol.

But could get annoying if they 360 you... and it takes you 40 secs to find out where their Scratch Marks lead lol.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

You’re not. I’m on console so it can get even worse than what happens on PC.