To all you entitled survivor mains

Midori_21
Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

I dont think I'll ever understand survivor mains. I'm a killer main and nearly every game I get at least 1 salty message from a survivor, just because they lost, and it always seems to revolve around survivors not liking how I played. As killer my job is to kill by whatever means necessary:

If you get unhooked near me or in front of my face, I'm going to go for you. You're injured, it's an easy down. Why would I go for the person who needs 2 hits to go down, when there's an injured survivor right in front of me?

If I hook you and don't know of anybody being nearby, I'll leave. But if I hear or see someone else nearby, I'm not just going to leave the hook and allow them to get the save, because that makes no sense. I'm not on your team, I'm not your friend, my objective is to kill you. And if it means chasing a survivor very close, that's on them for not running away.

And don't start at me with "It makes the game not fun for the survivors". Whether survivors are having fun or not isn't my concern. I shouldn't have to think about if survivors are having fun. Do they ever think about if I'm having fun? Yeah, didn't think so.

I don't want to change my message settings because I like to say gg to others after matches, and it's nice when others say gg as well. But you toxic survivor mains are getting to be too much.

Edit: I know I said killer main, but I play survivor a lot as well when my friends want to do swf. I just dont really play survivor alone. But I didn't do swf until about 6 months after I got the game. And if I ever have a rage inducing moment, I don't blame the killer.

Post edited by Midori_21 on

Comments

• Midori_21

I agree. I play both sides, but I only play survivor if my friends want to do swf, which is every other day. I rarely play survivor alone.

• Midori_21

I do play both sides though. I wasn't very clear when I said "Killer main". I play survivor all the time, when my friends want to so swf, and when I play survivor, I don't care if I get tunneled or camped. And I don't message the killer angrily if I don't escape.

• Midori_21

I have played survivor solo, many times. I never did swf until about 6 months after i started playing. I've probably played more solo than swf altogether.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

I have to say the frustration as killer is much higher than survivor in my experience depending on the teams i go against and the maps i play if i'm not spirit or nurse cause they dont rely on survivor mistakes like the rest of the killers.

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

I've gotten salt from survivors when I am playing survivor for no reason at all. Their speach is so incoherent I can't even understand why they're mad. I have not once gotten hate mail from a killer.

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

A lot of survivor aren't as smart as you and think the killer is to blame for everything.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
  • C0MAxCHRISS
    C0MAxCHRISS Member Posts: 8

I'm a survivor main, with maybe like 50 level combined between all my killers 40 of them being on legion. I RAGE at other survivors when I play solo, rescuing me as soon as I get hooked and the killer is nearby..or running past me knowing I'm there while being chased. I want to start playing killer more, but I get hate messages EVERY game...saying I'm weak for using legion wrong (I barely use his power) or trying to insult me for using NOED or slugging. I slug ALOT because survivors mains have it in their head that they can just swarm the hook and get free unhooks while I'm nearby..I knock one of them down and leave them there to hunt the others while they're still nearby. I run deerstalker..and survivors know so little about killers that I get messages about them reporting me for knowing exactly where they were hiding while in the dying state..it's ridiculous.

• warlord2252
    warlord2252 Member Posts: 15

I run both every time I play. Im never getting mad at the killer, but always wanna throw my teammates to the entity. From body blocking to making noise to rat me out. Its always somthing stupid and just messed up. As killer ive only gotten a handful of mean messages, but when I do its the slowest and dullest tools in the shed. Its always sumthen you need to respect that or need to respect this, cant do this or run that. I run alot of solo survivor so I dont run alot of saving perks or anything. Prefer to just hide and work gens while everyone else is doing the saves and loops. That gets me alot of hate for not saving or taking hits. Always have to tell people if you want friends then SWF! Im here for my blood points and rank not for you or your friends.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

i honestly hate and blame everyone in the game for one thing or another, im still wondering why i dont use ds

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    edited August 2019

Honestly for me I'm the same way, I'll be lenient about bad saves if I'm winning but if it's one gen left and 4 people are alive you better have Dstrike. I usually never get toxic messages anymore unless I was just blatantly being mean, but if I know someone who's a piece of garbage on their team I will be face camping them, I'll happily throw a game where I used no addons or offerings just to end a "bullies" game. "If I can't have at least a decent game because of you, you sure as 'not nice word' won't either".

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • WildDovami
    WildDovami Member Posts: 56

I just don't respond. You win some, you lose some. At the end of the day, I don't care what a person, whom I'll never meet, has to say after spending 10 digital minutes with them.

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218

Toxicity, unfortunately, is the only weapon survivors have. I don't indulge in it or condone it but it's a part of the game. After match insults are definitely not part of the game.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@BigBubs I love when someone says what i'm thinking.

• vh_
    vh_ Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2019

I find pretty funny when survivors call me noob killer while running noed and getting 0k in a rank 15 match.

Actually this is sarcasm. I find it pretty sad that people at rank 15 think that they're badass already and get to the point of losing their honor by being toxic to the killer that just had a bad match OR MAYBE he's wasn't even trying to win, was just completing daily rituals :/

Just for the memes, right? Oh memes, why people dig down so far....

When I really dislike a match, I just rate one ... Ball?... In the game rating and leave. There's no point being toxic in this game, people are toxic because they have several brain problems, like depression and stuff, so they victimize themselves as if it's never their problem, but the survivor who went to the basement looking for a medkit because no one healed him the whole match, or the killer that's running the strongest build, but barely got a black pip in the end of the match. It's really really sad :/

Maybe Peanits is right. Go play other games, there are many free and good games out there, go for a walk, turn off from technology for a while. It's science, it's not just said for empathy.

• Wubsyy__
    Wubsyy__ Member Posts: 116

Why do you care about salty survivors? Kill them, say gg, and go next. The killers run the games, not the survivors.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

Fair enough.

A lot of people (general statement) tend to forget that this is a video game. And video games should be be fun for all that play.

Tunneling, camping, bullying new killers, using the most op sweaty perks or addons etc etc etc all can make the game frustrating or unfun.

So many people try and make this game out to be some e-sport level of skill. They try so freaking hard to prove how "good at the game" they are by playing sweaty (gen rushing, thirsting for the 4K) and ruining the fun.

It should be fun, lets all take this game a little less serious.

• PandapocalypzexX
    PandapocalypzexX Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2019

Youre supposed to revel in the hate mail not get upset

Hate mail means you did well. Got enough under their skin to make then send a message.

Rejoice, killer main.

For you have succeeded.

And if a little hate mail really gets under your skin then don't be a camping,tunneling, I do what I want killer and have some compassion 😂😂

Really. Killer mains should have thicker skin.

• PandapocalypzexX
    PandapocalypzexX Member Posts: 25

@CornChip I agree with that 100% .

It's a game and people for some reason are making it a super serious part of their life.

I led two survivors to the hatch and let them go once because I had realized I lost and they put up a heck of a fight.

I've given a hook to a baby killer several times to make sure they're able to enjoy starting the game fresh (or at least the side if they were survivor mains)

It's okay to have a good time without being a super tryhard like you winning means anything more than a pride boost and some blood points.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

See I play both sides but when you try to have fun as killer the Survivors don't care at all and will still try to be toxic towards you, so they don't care about your enjoyment in general.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

It's just pillow talk, baby, get over it and grow some skin.

• drkiwie
    drkiwie Member Posts: 56

Welcome to online gaming in 2019. It goes both ways. Tbh I'd suggest you grow thicker skin or turn messaging off if it bothers you that much. It's a shame but it tends to be the dumbest ones that are the loudest....

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274

i was told to slit my wrist cuz i camped, i then proceeded to ask him what i was supposed to do if i saw scratch marks near the hook, run to the other side of the map? i never got a response. lol

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

The ONLY time I will message the killer is on a very obvious lag switch.

Like if the game is smooth, then opening the gates you go from injured to downed 45 meters away, I'll message then with a "really? Had to lag it out there?"

But never when it's my own fault or I got outplayed.

• Tillablerhino44
    Tillablerhino44 Member Posts: 505

Your skilless and a noob survivors have to do a gen n and a half 2 saves or full totems to pip you make people depip because your playstyle is scrubie so every game you double pip and survivors depip you should be banned from dbd anyone that tunnels or camps should and a player should be able to DC from people Like u with out being punished if everyone pips no one complains

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Let's be real, your enjoyment as a killer consists of murdering them by throwing them on hooks therefore eliminating them from the match - often times through whatever means necessary. I would not expect a clap on the back and 'gg' from most people.

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96

As a survivor main, I don't understand people complaining about NOED when you can just get rid of totems. It really isn't over powered because it's a totem perk and we have the ability to eliminate it completely. I get annoyed when I see it on Ghostface or Michael of all people, but I understand if it activates it was our fault for not doing totems. And for the love of God, stop checking on your lit totems. I wouldn't have known where it was if you weren't hell bent on protecting or checking on it. I'm looking at you, hag/trapper. It's a dead giveaway when a survivor sees you showing concern in a genless area at the start of a match especially. I'm less likely to find it if you act like it doesn't exist.

Also, if I see a killer is having a particularly bad time I'll '######### up' and let them get a kill or, since it counts as a sacrifice, die to the entity after EGC.

I don't agree with the OP on how a killer should play, but I understand some killers will always think this way. I've gotten into playing killer more as of late and the only time I have a problem is from SWF because they're highly coordinated sometimes and I end up getting anywhere from 0-2k. Most games I get 3-4k. Either case I play as the hard but fair killer I'd like to play against. When I'm feeling generous I only aim to hook everyone twice and let everyone escape. Unless they're giving me a helluva time, then it's fair game.

I will say I think there should be another perk like ruin, pop goes the weasel or divine intervention, I think it's called, to slow gens down (even though it'll most likely be abused by combining all the Gen slowing perks) or even add another Gen we have to do? Really good, experienced survivors understand that the best way to get gens done is for everyone to try and do their own Gen, which leads to what seems to be Gen rushing. It's really just a combination of lack of map pressure on the killers part and smart survivors doing seperate gens or fearless ones working under your nose.

• Buttergriffin332
    Buttergriffin332 Member Posts: 3

I completely agree. Though I'm sadly a nice killer. So if someone gets unhooked right in my face, I normally go for the other guy as punishment for farming their team mate. Because I too play survivor with my friends and hate getting farmed by the one rando.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Problem is, as a survivor, you cant afford to ASSUME the killer isnt trying his hardest. You dont want to risk it. They wont even follow obvious "let's farm" signs.

However as killer you can do wtfever. Worst case they escape. But they dont know, that you arent trying that hard. So while you may be playing around, they're not taking that risk.

• Hirofox
    Hirofox Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019

It always seems to me that people in these threads forget the single most important reason why all of this hate and frustration even happens in the first place.

BHVR designed this game this way and is in no rush to adjust frustrating perks, adjust the emblem system so it can't be abused, add or adjust objectives to make the survivor experience more entertaining and less frustrating for the killer, or to stop making almost 2/3 perks intentionally bad/weak/Niche counter perks

Them having a public test server gives them the opportunity to try wild and crazy ideas to improve the state of the game. Instead they use it solely to find bugs early.

Instead of venting your frustrations at eachother, express them towards the people responsible for these frustrations in the first place. BHVR can fix it and make this a more exciting game, but they actively choose not to.

Edited for typos

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

When is this whole Survivor Mains vs Killer Mains feud ever going to end. In the end it's all just a game that your meant to have fun in.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

The title itself is already not the most positive one, so it turns out the content isn't either. People please always make sure to remain civil and have constructive discussions and not demean anyone's opinion.

This discussion has been closed.