One of the most annoying things survivors do in solo

Steve0333
Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

Besides DC'ing is when they rush to the hook while being chased by the killer. Just lost a game to the nurse that we could have most likely won because this potato decides while she's being chased by the nurse she's going to run to save the guy on the hook despite the fact that I'm right there crouching down where the nurse doesn't see me waiting for her to leave so I can save the guy. We had one gen left and three survivors. I hadn't even been downed yet and the other survivors still had one more hook. But because she decides she's going to save the guy no matter what she gets them both downed immediately. She didn't even have borrowed time. It's stuff like this that makes playing solo so annoying.

I'm not even that good of a survivor but I've been able to climb to purple ranks playing solo just by using common sense. Like if you're being chased by the killer run AWAY from the hook and trust that your other teammates will save them. You don't have to be a master looper, just don't do stupid ######### that causes the entire team to lose. Please.

Comments

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Yeah, I've experienced moments like this myself. Players try and go for that clutch play, but end up screwing the entire team instead.

One thing I've noticed recently is teammates getting slugged easily. All it takes is one slug to completely end the game.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    edited August 2019

Yep, been there, want to know what's even worse? It was a laggy leatherface following my teammate... And yes, he tunneled me afterwards...

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited August 2019

Yes, this ranks high on my list of peeves. It is like they forget there are other survivors there and that only they can make the save. One of the worst plays was a Dwight on a hook against hag, I was crouching in for the save, when another Meg comes bounding up with killer in tow. She could plainly see me there, but she rushes to Dwight unhooks him in front of hag taking a hit, Dwight is hit and goes down (no BT of course), then the hag sees me standing nearby stunned at what I just saw and hits me. Then she proceeds to chase the stupid Meg and downs her a mere ten seconds later. Two slugs and I'm injured.

Makes me want to strangle them while staring deeply into their eyes until their last moment of life leaves them.

• DKOuToFConTRoL
    DKOuToFConTRoL Member Posts: 59

@darktrix And that is how survivors become killers. The lore finally makes sense.

• drkiwie
    drkiwie Member Posts: 56

Once you get into the red ranks instead of this you start to encounter the survivors that rage quit the instant they make a mistake...

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

Definitely agree! In a match, a Kate was stalked by Ghostface and downed. She DC'd instantly. This was 2 minutes into the match. I was like "YOU B*TCH!". Then another survivor went down and gave up on their first hook. Long story short, I got the hatch after the other person died. This was in red ranks btw. SMH!

• drkiwie
    drkiwie Member Posts: 56

Yeah seems like a lot of red rank survivors have delicate egos xD

• tavdogg11
    tavdogg11 Member Posts: 59

If I become red ranks and see this as a killer, I will let the survivor who was left behind leave on their way, because that is simply depressing to see that.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

Yeah, but a lot of killers still don't care. That situation will happen to them and they'll still kill whomever remains.

• tavdogg11
    tavdogg11 Member Posts: 59

Yeah, I just said that I personally will do that. I didn't ment that everyone does it.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

This is one of the most annoying things in the game. When one survivor screws over the entire team, it ruins the experience for everyone because one person either lacked common sense, or was too ignorant to listen to that common sense. Survivors used to be so good at the game, but I'm starting to wonder where they all went.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Stuff like this makes people think that killers are strong, but it takes just team of randos who are not super stupid (im not saying they all have to loop like crazy and have 300 iq, just don't do obvious mistakes, not drop every pallet in one minute) and boom 4k hours killer rushed.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

There is definitely a domino effect in play if the first survivor DCs or suicides on first hook, the next has a higher probability of doing the same, and so on. For solos, if the first survivor checks out early - it's likely the remaining ones already did the math and decided if continuing is worth the time.