The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Change Mori’s AND insta-heals BEFORE you roll out dedicated servers

The logic here is because using mori’s even when dedicated servers roll out will NOT stop people from dodging mid-load-screen. 

Change the way mori daily challenges work too. I had to trash my 60,000 BP daily mori for a Doctor because I was losing more BP’s by having to load game after game from being dodged-You don’t see a survivor ritual that says “insta-heal during a chase” See how game breaking that sounds??

You can threaten to ban people but that’s when you’re forcing people to play in a game that will be unbalanced to begin with. No one wants to put up with that.

On that same note, changing insta-heals will help better balance out the game considering that mori’s would be changed too.

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I'd say the ebony is the one that needs changing the most imo, green one generally isn't too bad and yellow one is normally situational. Insta heals do need some changing tho although I don't see them/ have much trouble with them too often. There was the idea a dev had a while back where you used the insta heal and it would gradually heal you over time instead of instantly, I thought that was pretty cool

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391

I'm gonna say no on that one. moris are fine as is. Just don't get caught after you're hooked. Have at least 3 gens going at all times, etc.

insta-heals are a one off that killers can beat. Insta-heals are more frustrating than OP.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited August 2019

An easy fix would be that you can only Mori on death hook. Insta heals could be a heal over time where if you get hit again you will be downed and cancels it cause you healed at a bad time so it stops insta healing mid chase. I kinda want them to still insta heal one health state for downed survivors to counter moris but idk when i down a survivor and someone else runs over and picks that person up that i just downed i feel robbed. I personally don't use either unless i have the mori daily like op said, and i just bring out an ivory.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Moris shouldn't even exist and the old ones were way more broken. Even more broken than Insta heals.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

@PhantomMask20763 The green one is fine against SWF or a good squad. If it’s just being brought in on a random 4 man against a Billy then it’s pretty much a 4K.

• Speshul_Kitten

@Chickenchaser can you tell us how to not get caught when a killer brings in a Eboni? Also, how would changing insta heals to what you suggest help balance mori’s at all?

• Chickenchaser

The same exact way you don't get caught when a killer doesn't bring an Eboni.

Also I didn't suggest a change in insta-heals.

• Speshul_Kitten

@Chickenchaser sorry but I have to say that is terrible advice. Not getting caught is not a solution to this problem.

yeah I meant that second suggestion towards someone else.

• Chickenchaser

You're right. Survivors should get 55 chances before the killer is allowed to mori. Because for some reason not getting caught is asking too much. /s

• Speshul_Kitten

@Chickenchaser why are you defending mori’s so much that you’re beginning to use inflated logic? What part of Mori’s are overpowered game changing offerings do you not understand?

• darkcobra
    darkcobra Member Posts: 19

Im a killer main and i still believe moris are just horrible to use on survivors.

Im gonna admit i have used moris recently and i tried using it on last hook and honestly even that small change probably could help. For killer it removes a little time that you would spend picking up someone and finding a hook, then hook animation. Depending on hook distance, mori could have some utility, plus you keep the cool animations without completely ruining at least 1 survivors chance to even get a safety pip

• AngelKings
    AngelKings Member Posts: 21

I hate using a mori. When I mori one person they all leave or leave when they get downed. Do I just have ######### luck or is this normal?

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited August 2019

The red one should just be changed for two hooks before a kill... except against SWFs. They deserve the normal one.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

Green is fine if the killer isn't a dickhead and tunnels the 1st survivors immediately after unhook to have the ez 3v1 situation early of the game.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

The Ivory and Ebony Moris in their current form reward tunneling. They also massively change the whole momentum of the game from "3 strikes and you are out" to "1 strike and you get murdered".

The Cypres Mori is just #########.

The ability to take 1 or more survivor out of the game earlier than you normally could is incredibly powerfull. Just like the ability to instantly cancel the killer efforts using a Styptic Agent or Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe.

Moris and Insta-heal are way to swingy. They influence the balance of the game way too much and just need to go.