The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Animation changes

Why have you changed all of the animations as of late? i get it, it makes the game faster, but come on, it was meant to be cinematic, not competitive, it sure as heck is already broken.

Best Answer

Answers

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

What do you mean by "broken"?

• Duty_Sucks
    Duty_Sucks Member Posts: 22

Well some stuff is pretty unbalanced, Ie. tombstone, night vision and driver's ghostface, legion being the absolute worst killer, moris, whatever.

You being unmatched would be all fine and dandy, i get it, but atleast don't take the cinematography of grabbing someone as they're vaulting a window, or even running, it looked much smoother in the damned alpha, come on.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Because killers can't waste time. Every animation got speed up (like picking up a survivor or hooking) or completely changed (like setting traps, which before took 5 seconds). The years passed and the game lost his soul and details to have more balance (which we haven't reached yet).

• Duty_Sucks

I know that, but they didn't change legion's animations, they only made them a̶k̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ slow, they could've done the same thing with the other animations, they could've just sped em up so they wouldn't make the game so awfully boring. Really takes the fun out of catching a survivor.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

The cinema looked good only for survivors..... the killer play felt sluggish and horrible overall...... and like stated on here before it took like 5 seconds just to pick someone up then it takes another like 4 to put someone on the hook plus carry time and you have yourself almost a 1/4 of a gen complete..

• Duty_Sucks

Sure, but here's the silver linings:

1 a buff for fire up

2 just speed up the animations

3 make the gens slower (bad idea due to ruin)

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

1 and 2 happened because they had to, the gameplay was sluggish and horrible and fire up served no point to exist and to this point its still bad....3 can never happen not because ruin but because repairing gens is already boring AF...

• Duty_Sucks

To answer your question, i was advocating to make the whole game slower, DBD feels too fast paced for what it is, and with the introduction of legion it was kind of all around the place.