I hope devs won't screw it this time.

Ksoni
Ksoni Member Posts: 607

New chapter is right behind a corner and i hope it won't be leaked like Ash or Ghostface. I remember when spirit was about to hit PTB servers. Everyone was so hyped, noone knew who the killer was, and when i first time i saw spirit by myself on ptb I was shocked by how she looks. Then i could read the perks. Test new map with my friend. That was so much fun. The same was with Legion. Live with plague was also good. But it wasn't as fun as testing things by myself. After seing the plague livestream there was nothing left to do on ptb, only see the numbers and play a game after hour of waiting (with no perks vs survivors with best stuff, its ptb so why wouldn't you use your instaheal) and leave. The schock of having new killer with new survivor with new perks and map was gone, because you knew everything alredy. I want the feeling of excitement before new chapter hits ptb again...

Comments

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited August 2019

"Leaks" generate hype and most definitely boost sales.

Especially on licensed content, not so much in original content.

But it'd be stupid for them not to announce with a live stream first. They need to generate hype somehow. Otherwise only the diehard fans who keep track of dates and stuff will be hyped and that's bad for business.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

They did generate hype, for example with spirit they only did the little cinematic and thats enough. With legion there was short video showing legion with diffriend personalaties behind a mirror. They also did very good job with the plague releasing few short videos on twitter, and then epic cinematic showing her face and keeping everyting in secret. Im worried with next chapter because for example ash and ghostface was leaked whole month before release. It wasn't teaser like with spirit legion and plague, it was leak and those 2 are diffriend things.

• gantes

But dude, I pretty much guarantee you that the "leak" was a publicity stunt.

For licensed content: make people know early, generate hype, bring people from outside the game who love the licensed content, profit.

I think we don't have to worry about """leaks""" if it's original content, as it doesn't have nearly as much payoff. We'll probably get a few teasers and a livestream a couple days before the PTB.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Personally I'm not a fan of "leaks" because the hype they generate fades fast for me. If I get a sneak peak at something I have been waiting for a week or so in advance I usually have far less hype when they are finally released. It also allows too many people to speculate about the "leak" and more often then not come up with better ideas then what actually gets released. This often leads to unintended disappointment.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

We already got a tease with that Netflix tweet and MCotes reply. I'm 99% sure the next chapter is a Stranger Things one.

I expect our first real teases from Behaviour to drop sometime next week if the chapter is to release early September.

So if they can hold out for another couple of days this might just end up being the first licensed content not to leak.

• gantes

But the leaks aren't for us. They are for people outside the community of the game who love the licensed content and might start playing.

They don't need us to like the leaks.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Those were mistakes. (atleast i hope they were >.>)

We just need to wait for the twitter leaks if its original chapter. (unless they stopped doing those after the Plag)

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

BHVR will be at the Gamescom (if you aren't familiar: World's biggest fair for videogames from 20th - 24th August). Chances are high that they will be using the media attention to present the new chapter there.

• TR_stonez
    TR_stonez Member Posts: 54

Yeah like me I played f13 before i started playing dbd. But when I seen that my favorite horror movie killers where in it Michael Myers and leatherface do I decided to try it. if they weren't in the game I probably never would have bought and turned out to become one of my favorite games