Is doctor meant to be just an annoying killer?

Options

Like, he is one if the weakest killers in the game but AT LEAST FOR ME AND ALL MY FRIENDS he is the most annoying killer to go against. The constant screaming if his shock, all the noises, the random shocks on your screen and the fps drops... Everything seems to just there to annoy and piss off survivors cuz it actually not making it more difficult for us. And with certain addons which are giving you constant chase music in madness tier 3 are even more annoying.

Comments

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

Hopefully his addon rework gives him addons that are more punchy, maybe it's all he needs, I for one love how they tweaked the madness sounds..its more...ambient and makes you have a legitimate feeling of danger and fear the doc was meant to inspire...they just need to make him stronger first lol

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    edited August 2019
    Options
  • humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options

doc is ez mode if they aren't using an electrode

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495
    Options

I personally think Doc is a decent killer actually. And yes, pretty annoying to go against.

Yesterday i faced a thrill of the hunt Doc with Ruin, match took around 40 min 😂 (i got the hatch btw)

• DarkFox
    DarkFox Member Posts: 13
    Options

I was always at a loss on if I was playing the doctor correctly or not my first few games cause I tried shocking as much as possible (and trying an add-on that mentioned turning the shock field from a cone to a circular radius), but I still didn't feel like it was too much, like I had no pressure once I lost track of literally everyone in Gideon's Plant and knowing about annoying survivor things from YT'ers (dead hard, borrowed time, decisive, sprint burst and balanced landing, etc.), I felt like I was either playing too safe or had no real pressure options at that point, on top of finding no scratch marks at times.

• HUAPA456
    HUAPA456 Member Posts: 10
    Options

I hope so too, I love doc but he needs love from the devs not just me.

• HUAPA456
    HUAPA456 Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2019
    Options

Doc just really needs to have a strong early game, the slower early game leads to him being more obnoxious than lethal

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77
    Options

I find survivors far more annoying than any killer lol, regardless of which I’m playing.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options

He supposed to be annoying. I never understood why his stun is him giggling.

• Trash_Panda
    Trash_Panda Member Posts: 57
    Options

to Me all he really needs is an addon change , add more range to his base kit and make it so the shock instantly keeps you from actions or stops you from doing the action while in the early animation like it should do rather then saying fk it let them finish lol

so basically as soon as that shock touches your damn ankles you can’t perform actions for that 2 seconds like it already is

• Trash_Panda
    Trash_Panda Member Posts: 57
    Options

and For the love of god please let trapper start with more traps at base lol . And give him a Left ctrl option to reset traps already on the ground rather then picking them up and replacing them .

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited August 2019
    Options

I ######### hate the Doctor. Annoying doesn't even describe my experiences with him. IDGAF if he was the most F tier killer ever, he sucks massive sloppy donkey balls to play against. Only marginally less cancer than old Legion.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

He's annoying if you're trying to play stealthy, but if you're a good runner and he doesn't have range addons, he's not a great threat. I don't really mind facing him

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I hope his changes buff his base power (the shock) and nerf hostage doctor. That build is what's annoying about him. Everything else is pretty bearable.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

I fail to see why survivors claim everything to be so annoying..I love facing docs, its somewhat exciting if it's a good doctor

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

I had a friend who got into the game, and Doctor was part of what made him quit. He cannot stand the Doctor because of the tracking, sometimes it just feels impossible to get away with him and it can be really rough for new players.

• DarkFox
    DarkFox Member Posts: 13
    Options

Because it inhibits them from gen rushing and opening the gates I'm sure.

"That killer is slowing me down, I want my bloodpoints dang it!"

"Ugh, and those stupid perks slowing me down too, so annoying!!"

"Why is the killer allowed to try and kill me? It slows down MY game too much. The killer shouldn't even exist to begin with. Just us 4 survivors doing generators with nothing chasing us!"